Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

HTM

A father need to give support in the Philippines!

The Supreme Court has even said that "support is the most sacred and important of all obligations imposed by law and it is imposed with overwhelming reality."

Read The Family Code.

TITLE VIII

SUPPORT

From Art. 194.

• Like 1

Brucewayne

I stand by my statement. Your comments " it happens all of the time here" and " -it is a favorite way to settle differences." ----are just not true- and I find to be outrageous .. And your post that it is the cheaper method of getting an annulment used by wives who have been cheated on is way out of line.

I remember once when i was in the West and a guy at work told me some such titillating story, which i felt was equally bogus, and I asked him how he knew that and he said he read it in the newspaper. It took me awhile but eventually I asked him which newspaper and he told me The National Enquirer !

I don't know about all the time, but a gal dumped her boyfriend a couple of years ago and was shot in the head while outside of a group of friends of hers.

The only thing anyone could think to say was her ex-boyfriend didn't want another man to have the lady, so he supposedly had her killed.

I also know a foreigner I talked out of having his wife done in.

He wanted to take their young child to the states, but not the wife.

He found a P2,000 vigilante/assassin who takes half before and half later, but I explained to him that if she found out about it, he may be the one eliminated.

Edited by Brucewayne

SkyMan

You know, every time I see the title of this thread I wonder if somehow someone is now legally obligated to impregnate a filipina. :rofl:

• Like 3

broden

You know, every time I see the title of this thread I wonder if somehow someone is now legally obligated to impregnate a filipina. :rofl:

evidently that is the problem some people must have

Headshot

BTW, there were approximately 470 murders on Cebu last year. Of that number, about 70% have gone unsolved, which means that there have been about 330 unsolved murders on Cebu in the last year (I say approximate because the numbers could fluctuate if new evidence came in since the statistics were reported). That is 330 unsolved murders is almost one unsolved murder per day...on one island. To me, that seems like "all the time" or at least pretty close to it.

The biggest reason why so many cases go unsolved is that people are afraid that if they testify, then they will be next in the list of statistics. My wife has a cousin in hiding right now because he witnessed a murder along with two other young men. The other two witnesses are already dead now. None of them said anything to the police. It was just the possibility that they could that put two in their graves and the third in hiding.

Bill H

lottery ?? i just took it for granted that all the super gwapo guys like myself and jtmwatchbiz would be asked to take care of all impregnating requirements

Maybe we would have some sort of official badge - like - OFFICIAL ORGAN DONOR

Hey wait, you're not the only Gwapo guy here! The girls tell me that all the time, just before asking me to buy them another drink! Really! Nice to be popular, ya' know? :chopper::lmao:

• Like 1

Davaoeno

BTW, there were approximately 470 murders on Cebu last year. Of that number, about 70% have gone unsolved, which means that there have been about 330 unsolved murders on Cebu in the last year (I say approximate because the numbers could fluctuate if new evidence came in since the statistics were reported). That is 330 unsolved murders is almost one unsolved murder per day...on one island. To me, that seems like "all the time" or at least pretty close to it.

The biggest reason why so many cases go unsolved is that people are afraid that if they testify, then they will be next in the list of statistics. My wife has a cousin in hiding right now because he witnessed a murder along with two other young men. The other two witnesses are already dead now. None of them said anything to the police. It was just the possibility that they could that put two in their graves and the third in hiding.

Damn Headshot- the local tourism board should pay you to stop posting about Cebu !!

• Like 1

Stranded Shipscook

Depending on the gravity of the case, and the "danger factor" of the culprits. There is a quite well functioning Witness Protection program in Cebu. Including "relocation" and name changes,which is easier when the Witness is poor and definitely better than stay in hiding without any chance of employment or life.

You can tell your wife's cousin to contact the Department of Justice for details. Anonymous at first or through the Prosecutor.

I would do that fast, as it appears in your example the Culprits are dangerous, which is even more a reason to come forward.

Headshot

Damn Headshot- the local tourism board should pay you to stop posting about Cebu !!

Well, the stats came from the PNP. I'm guessing their numbers are probably more accurate than the tourism board's numbers. The truth is that most of us living here don't have anything to worry about on any of this stuff. Just don't get sideways with other people, and you likely have nothing to fear. Even though it always makes the headlines when a foreigner gets zapped, they are a very small percentage of the cases. Most Filipino/Filipino cases never make the news at all...not even a mention. BTW, I wouldn't have expounded on this if you hadn't questioned my voracity.

• Like 1

Headshot

Depending on the gravity of the case, and the "danger factor" of the culprits. There is a quite well functioning Witness Protection program in Cebu. Including "relocation" and name changes,which is easier when the Witness is poor and definitely better than stay in hiding without any chance of employment or life.

You can tell your wife's cousin to contact the Department of Justice for details. Anonymous at first or through the Prosecutor.

I would do that fast, as it appears in your example the Culprits are dangerous, which is even more a reason to come forward.

We have had no contact with him in over a year. As far as I know, he is probably now on a different island. It was not safe for him on Cebu. Like I said, though, the poor do not trust the police...especially not to protect them.

smokey

the guard in the subdivision killed a few months ago his killer is well know but seems no one is interested in going after him out of fear and who cares why what is done is done this guy will see justice only in a tit for tat deal

smokey

and how do the people trust such a program when they read about the protected witnesses down south being found chopped up , i am sorry but its just to easy for the larger crime types to find out information with some well placed peso..

Davaoeno
BTW, I wouldn't have expounded on this if you hadn't questioned my voracity.

come now Headshot - surely you arent that hungry ?? [ sorry, my bad, I know you meant to say veracity ]

Actually i did not question your veracity [ because i know you believed what you said]. I was however questioning the correctness of the facts that you were stating. It was not a personal attack - merely a disputing of what you were stating as being factual .

• Like 1

Brucewayne

Well, the stats came from the PNP. I'm guessing their numbers are probably more accurate than the tourism board's numbers. The truth is that most of us living here don't have anything to worry about on any of this stuff. Just don't get sideways with other people, and you likely have nothing to fear. Even though it always makes the headlines when a foreigner gets zapped, they are a very small percentage of the cases. Most Filipino/Filipino cases never make the news at all...not even a mention. BTW, I wouldn't have expounded on this if you hadn't questioned my voracity.

If you have noticed even in the states, most murders are white on white, black on black, Mexican on Mexican, etc.

I suppose self segregation is the reason and one always hurts the one they love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz2FXCIBTSs

WONINTWO
my case.

What case would that be? As if you have one? If you are going to respond,be specific.I see nothing funny,or particularly serious about what I posted.I said I liked something,and you have a case?

If you just do not like what I post,so what? Just bounce dude.