Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

Headshot

Headshot - while I know you mean what you say I think that you are buying big time - and incorrectly - into the myth that everytime someone pisses off a filipino/filipina they send 2 assassins to kill them . While that might sound exciting in the tabloids I do not think that that is anywhere near an accurate picture of how things are done in the Philippines, and that everytime someone repeats it [ especially if that person is a Global Mod on a foreigners forum ] you do a great disservice to this country. I know you mean well, but unfortunately I think you are creating a great deal of misinformation - especially on a forum that many people use as a guide in getting information about the Philippines - some of them considering it as a future home.

btw- did you realize that your post- in a forum on Filipino Culture- contained no less than 4 references to people sending assassins on motorcycles to solve their problems in the Philippines?

You're funny...and with your solid support of the Dutertes, I am surprised by your reaction. It happens all of the time here...like the guy who got hit in Banawa the other day. It wasn't exactly professional though. It took them five shots to kill him instead of the usual two. I don't know exactly how they do it in Davao, but on Cebu, it is a favorite way to settle differences. Generally, the cases go nowhere and they just disappear after a couple of weeks.

When Tommy Osmena was the mayor in Cebu City, a lot of petty criminals were eliminated in this way. Tommy got the credit for cleaning up the city, but the hits were never tied to him (it was the "vigilantes" that did it...similar to the Dutertes in Davao). Tommy will be running for mayor again at the end of Mike Rama's term. I expect that the crime rate will go way down when he takes office again.

Private parties use the same methods for settling scores here. You are a smart guy, and I don't believe that you are really so naive as to think this kind of extrajudicial justice doesn't happen...or that the only reason it happens is to get rid of criminals. Of course, to be fair, not all of the hits are from the back end of a motorcycle. Many happen during home invasions and some are just ruled suicides (two shots to the side of the head). Some are just hit and run accidents where nobody saw the accident.

Now, this is not the only method they use to settle disputes here. Some people use the courts to tie up a person so tightly they can't move. Sometimes just a threat is enough to make problems disappear...which is exactly why male relatives often go to visit some guy who knocked up their family member. However, don't discount that hits DO happen...and often it is personal and not just judicial.

Edited by Headshot

smokey

I think what you are seeing there are people getting fear mongered into supporting children that may or may not be theirs. In the US, father a child out of wedlock and you are on the hook for a significant amount of money.

This is an important thread here because I have seen this scam here already. Girl gets a foreigner to knock her up and then either manipulates him or scares him into paying child support. They think their legal obligations are the same in the Philippines as in the US. Not true.

I know James tried to talk about moral obligations and he is right. I personally believe that men have a moral obligation to not only provide for their children but raise them up to be good men and women. But this isn't about this, this is about legal obligations.

i have meet a few who had the balls to say.... i had to leave the us my x was giving me hell all the time for money for this and money for that always with her hand out ,, So then i said wow thats a bummer and what about the kids... ?? oh she wanted to raise them her way so i let her i said i am out of here you raise them the way you want and moved to the philippines... Then the ass hole says i meet a really good women and we are going to have a few kids and raise them right ... I said what if she gives you a hard time like your x did in the us..?? Well then i will dump her also and move to thailand.. now this guy is a unpolished turd..

• Like 3

Justin Kredible
I do not want people to think I am attacking Filipino males here - alone anyway. Many Thai and Cambodian males are the same, exact way.

Wonintwo gave you a like for that one, Paul.

As for the OP: Regarding the back and forth on the legal ramifications of the issue at hand, let me offer yet another moral angle: If a guy is enough of a dirtbag to run away from his responsibilities and can live with himself each and every day for doing that, I think the child would actually be better off in the long run for not having him in his/her life.

And the end of the fight is a tombstone white

with the name of the late deceased

And the epitaph drear: "A Fool lies here

who tried to hustle the East."

- Kipling, The Naulakha

Edited by Justin Kredible
  • Like 2

Davaoeno

I stand by my statement. Your comments " it happens all of the time here" and " -it is a favorite way to settle differences." ----are just not true- and I find to be outrageous .. And your post that it is the cheaper method of getting an annulment used by wives who have been cheated on is way out of line.

I remember once when i was in the West and a guy at work told me some such titillating story, which i felt was equally bogus, and I asked him how he knew that and he said he read it in the newspaper. It took me awhile but eventually I asked him which newspaper and he told me The National Enquirer !

Edited by Davaoeno

smokey

You're funny...and with your solid support of the Dutertes, I am surprised by your reaction. It happens all of the time here...like the guy who got hit in Banawa the other day. It wasn't exactly professional though. It took them five shots to kill him instead of the usual two. I don't know exactly how they do it in Davao, but on Cebu, it is a favorite way to settle differences. Generally, the cases go nowhere and they just disappear after a couple of weeks.

When Tommy Osmena was the mayor in Cebu City, a lot of petty criminals were eliminated in this way. Tommy got the credit for cleaning up the city, but the hits were never tied to him (it was the "vigilantes" that did it...similar to the Dutertes in Davao). Tommy will be running for mayor again at the end of Mike Rama's term. I expect that the crime rate will go way down when he takes office again.

Private parties use the same methods for settling scores here. You are a smart guy, and I don't believe that you are really so naive as to think this kind of extrajudicial justice doesn't happen...or that the only reason it happens is to get rid of criminals. Of course, to be fair, not all of the hits are from the back end of a motorcycle. Many happen during home invasions and some are just ruled suicides (two shots to the side of the head). Some are just hit and run accidents where nobody saw the accident.

Now, this is not the only method they use to settle disputes here. Some people use the courts to tie up a person so tightly they can't move. Sometimes just a threat is enough to make problems disappear...which is exactly why male relatives often go to visit some guy who knocked up their family member. However, don't discount that hits DO happen...and often it is personal and not just judicial.

i think your both right :steve: but its generally the way the poor settle problems ... the poor know for a fact that they can not win in court due to rich being able to stack the deck ... i have asked my own wife many times what happens if someone tries to rob our house or hurt one of our children ,,, she said i would never call the police i would just be quiet and wait a while then settle it fairly i am sorry but it seems the poor have very little confidence in the police to provide JUSTICE sure they can arrest and file but the case always seems to fall by the wayside. Not much unlike any place in the world bad guys seem to know who to hurt and who to stay away from ...the bad guys usually only attack the weak or helpless and for the most part avoid the people they know to be equally aggressive,,, One of the biggest problems in the country is the ability for a person to just move and re invent themselves they need a national ID system

• Like 2

tobster

I stand by my statement. Your comments " it happens all of the time here" and " -it is a favorite way to settle differences." ----are just not true- and I find to be outrageous .. And your post that it is the cheaper method of getting an annulment used by wives who have been cheated on is way out of line.

I remember once when i was in the West and a guy at work told me some such titillating story, which i felt was equally bogus, and I asked him how he knew that and he said he read it in the newspaper. It took me awhile but eventually I asked him which newspaper and he told me The National Enquirer !

I have to agree with you here...............I will say it has happened but my observations here is that really nothing happens.............the girl has the baby, raises it as best she can with or without any help from the guy............there will be grudges held...........alot of chica chica................and generally there is another kid thrown into poverty thru no fault of his own.................no court case.........no hitmen..........

• Like 1

Headshot

I stand by my statement. Your comments " it happens all of the time here" and " -it is a favorite way to settle differences." ----are just not true- and I find to be outrageous ..

I guess that depends on what you consider "all of the time." Up to 70% of murders are "unsolved" in Cebu. That doesn't include cases where they determined that the person committed suicide...such as the guy who stabbed himself nine times in the chest with a knife. As for "a favorite way to settle differences" I guess it just depends on the economic status of those involved. With the really poor, they don't trust the law to act in their favor, nor do they have the money to use the law. Granted, most unwed pregnancies do NOT result in some guy getting killed. There are many ways to solve the problem, such as marrying the girl (which is usually the worst thing the girl could do), abortion, adoption, giving the child to a close relative or the girl just raising the child by herself (which happens most often). However, there is a reason that many guys in this situation flee for their lives...they truly are fleeing for their lives.

And your post that it is the cheaper method of getting an annulment used by wives who have been cheated on is way out of line.

What do you mean? You believe it is cheaper to get an annulment than it is to get somebody killed here? That is funny.

So what? are you saying I get my information from the National Enquirer? Sorry, but that simply isn't the case.

Edited by Headshot

tobster
. However, there is a reason that many guys in this situation flee for their lives...they truly are fleeing for their lives.

The best comment so far.....................

HeyMike

Have sex as much as you want to but the child birth should be “controlled” and only allowed to certain combination/classes of select people… for the future of humanity…

Hmm.. just trying to think who will be the ones who control the selection process. The government elected by the people? A special sub-committee of people from Mensa? And what about enforcing such an idea?

Nope, in my opinion, bad idea. Sorry, if off topic.

miles-high
Hmm.. just trying to think who will be the ones who control the selection process. The government elected by the people? A special sub-committee of people from Mensa? And what about enforcing such an idea?

Hmmm, OK, how about a strictly controlled lottery system for population control? That might meet the requirements of Darwin’s evolutionary theory… ;)

Davaoeno

Hmmm, OK, how about a strictly controlled lottery system for population control? That might meet the requirements of Darwin’s evolutionary theory… ;)

lottery ?? i just took it for granted that all the super gwapo guys like myself and jtmwatchbiz would be asked to take care of all impregnating requirements

Maybe we would have some sort of official badge - like - OFFICIAL ORGAN DONOR

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 1

HeyMike

Why, you little.... ok, you got me. Touche'.

WONINTWO
gave you a like for that one

SO WHAT? How many deadbeat Dads are in the countries mentioned? a few million,tens of ? Havin enuff balls to call a card by what it is,rather than sugar coat the shit coz someone is goin to get insulted,is not realistic and I DO appreciate it.

btw,does he have cooties now coz I tagged a post of his?EEWWW,COOTIES....PFFF.

• Like 1

HeyMike

btw,does he have cooties now coz I tagged a post of his?EEWWW,COOTIES....PFFF.

If you keep a straight finger, you can't get the cooties. Learned that in skool.

• Like 2

Justin Kredible
SO WHAT? How many deadbeat Dads are in the countries mentioned? a few million,tens of ? Havin enuff balls to call a card by what it is,rather than sugar coat the shit coz someone is goin to get insulted,is not realistic and I DO appreciate it. btw,does he have cooties now coz I tagged a post of his?EEWWW,COOTIES....PFFF.

That's pretty funny.

I rest my case.