Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

InternetTough
The thread is about foreigners and for them their home country laws apply. There are Bilateral agreements in Place.

True. Koreans have to pay child support if they are proved to be the father of a baby by a Filipina. Korean courts will force them to.

smokey

Interesting, particularly since I've met more women than I can count who had a baby with a Filipino who promptly abandoned her and the baby, never to be seen or heard from again. None of these women have been able to get even one centavo in support from these dead beat dads. Does this mean Foreigners are treated differently under Philippines law than Pinoys?

i think its a good old boy thing my wife has 4 children and her x worked at a large company and when she went the legal route all was well the paperwork was processed and he just quit and started at a sister company so it was start all over and she did first baranguy so on and so on and again he just quit and went to another place finally she gave up on collecting any support but did send her military brothers over to have a talk to him about his moral responsibly he did after this action start giving her 25% of his check for about 2 years till he quit and moved to another island

WONINTWO
ask a question

A FILIPINA JUST TOLD ME THERE IS NO SUPPORT OBLIGATION,for a filipino father,BUT,SHE IS NOT A LAWYER.but think about it,if you are a foreigner how could it be enforced?deport you if you do not pay?

Edited by WONINTWO

WONINTWO

I ACTUALLY CONTACTED THE U.S. EMBASSY,DNA TESTS ARE REQUIRED FOR PROOF IF THE GUY IS NOT ON THE B.CERT.and aso if it is contested paternity.It is a difficult process for the fiipina,especially if the guy is not around TO BE TESTED.so bad, as in 'good luck with that' bad, it is if the guy has split.It is VERY DIFFICULT for a lady as they have no clue as how to proceed,and if they do,it is a long process.Try compelling a guy to take a DNA test 5,000 miles away.The ladies here really could benefit from some education on family planning,condoms etc,etc.I see a lot of teenagers walking around all pregnant and alone.

Not all embassies are so eager to believe paternal assertions on B.C's and want proof of paternity,of which it is not their burden to provide/produce.Once proof is established it gets even more complicated,but it is a possibility.

the info is available at the ACS SECTION at the U.S.embassy in Manila,the website has the phone number.

bepresentnow

Aren't there Filipino agencies that can deal with all this paperwork? Surely, any lawyer could help out some ladies with a fee or a percentage. I know a lady who hangs around at the western bars, she has 2 kids from 2 different fathers whom are no longer in the country, she's now on to a third guy and looking for another kid. She said the dads paid for everything as she's pretty well of with a car, maid, and comfortable house. So it looks like it can be done if the girl is smart and have connection, the Embassies here must have hundred of request like this every week.

Paul
Does this mean Foreigners are treated differently under Philippines law than Pinoys?

Yes, Bill, that is exactly what it means.

The government will not take a Filipino's passport, because he most likely doesn't have one.

The government will not garnish a Filipino's wages, because, in many cases, the lazy bugger won't have a job. His job is sitting on his ass drinking Tanduay Rum all day.

The government, therefore, will not do anything about a Filipino male who chooses not to support the kids he has fathered.

I do not want people to think I am attacking Filipino males here - alone anyway. Many Thai and Cambodian males are the same, exact way.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 2

Paul
The thread is about foreigners and for them their home country laws apply. There are Bilateral agreements in Place.

Bilateral agreements? Concerning Filipino males?

WONINTWO
attacking Filipino males

NO,not at all.It is the exact way it is.

The good old double-standard,u kno...DATS DAT BULL-SHIT I'M TALKIN 'BOUT.

WONINTWO
Bilateral agreements? Concerning Filipino males?

YEAH,SURE.Thats funny,HA!

• Like 1

tripsigg

Aren't there Filipino agencies that can deal with all this paperwork? Surely, any lawyer could help out some ladies with a fee or a percentage. I know a lady who hangs around at the western bars, she has 2 kids from 2 different fathers whom are no longer in the country, she's now on to a third guy and looking for another kid. She said the dads paid for everything as she's pretty well of with a car, maid, and comfortable house. So it looks like it can be done if the girl is smart and have connection, the Embassies here must have hundred of request like this every week.

I think what you are seeing there are people getting fear mongered into supporting children that may or may not be theirs. In the US, father a child out of wedlock and you are on the hook for a significant amount of money.

This is an important thread here because I have seen this scam here already. Girl gets a foreigner to knock her up and then either manipulates him or scares him into paying child support. They think their legal obligations are the same in the Philippines as in the US. Not true.

I know James tried to talk about moral obligations and he is right. I personally believe that men have a moral obligation to not only provide for their children but raise them up to be good men and women. But this isn't about this, this is about legal obligations.

Brucewayne

I just wander what the moral obligation the father has to the health, care, support, and welfare of the child? As a man, what does he owe a child?

You know, I have watched your posts and am sure you would do the right thing.

The problem is, so many foreigners come here with the morals of an alley cat and do leave their children here, Fatherless, poor and destitute.

I am sure you asked this question as a hypothetical rather than something you didn't know already.

For that, I thank you, as it may make others think.

I can't imagine how I would have felt if my Father had done such a thing to me and I would never, under any circumstances allow any child of mine to live at a lower level of comfort or care than what I do and actually, I do without at times so my children can have things they want or need.

Those are my morals and I would bet the farm that they are yours too.

I am a father of 3 daughters, ages 37-32 and 4-1/2

And to stay on topic, here are the laws http://jlp-law.com/blog/legal-support-child-ra-9262/

Apparently there is no set maximum or minimum, it all depends on how much money you earn and how good the attorney against the Father is.

Edited by Brucewayne
  • Like 2

bepresentnow

And to stay on topic, here are the laws http://jlp-law.com/b...-child-ra-9262/

Apparently there is no set maximum or minimum, it all depends on how much money you earn and how good the attorney against the Father is.

Great find Brucewayne! this sums it up. if you go to the comment section in that link, there are 68 comments, all of them asking for help from either the mother trying to file suit or the father screaming about the mother asking for too much.

• Like 1

SkyMan
Does this mean Foreigners are treated differently under Philippines law than Pinoys?
Sort of, it's the old getting blood from a turnip thing. Why bother spending legal fees etc. to go after someone who doesn't have any assets or income? Foreigners on the other hand, have assets and income.
  • Like 1

Headshot

Apparently there is no set maximum or minimum; it all depends on how much money you earn and how good the attorney against the Father is.

That is exactly why Filipinas generally don't go after their Filipino boyfriends when the girls get pregnant and have their children. In the vast majority of cases, the BF doesn't have any source of income or any assets the girl could get. Therefore, what would be the point of her trying to get money from him? There is generally no money to get. Even if he does have an income, many Filipinos have no problem switching jobs and islands as often as necessary to keep from paying anything for child support. About the only way a girl will get anything from a guy is to send her male relatives to get it...and that only goes so far. It is more likely that she would rather just send a couple of guys on a motorcycle. That is also a lot cheaper route for wives who have been cheated on and wish to end their marriage. Annulments are way too expensive, but guys on motorcycles are cheap.

On the other hand, everybody here knows that all Kanos (foreigners) are rich. Therefore, it is worth a Filipina's time (and money) to go after him for a guaranteed income. He also generally has very few extralegal options available to him. A Filipina may also go after a Filipino who has a lot of money, but you have to remember that the Filipino can also use the motorcycle route to get rid of his problems, so a lot of Filipinas are hesitant to use the legal route against a Filipino. Because Philippine family laws are so complicated and expensive to implement here, people often look for shortcuts. A couple of guys on a motorcycle can shortcut almost every legal procedure imaginable. Who needs fixers?

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

Davaoeno
It is more likely that she would rather just send a couple of guys on a motorcycle. That is also a lot cheaper route for wives who have been cheated on and wish to end their marriage. Annulments are way too expensive, but guys on motorcycles are cheap.

Headshot - while I know you mean what you say I think that you are buying big time - and incorrectly - into the myth that everytime someone pisses off a filipino/filipina they send 2 assassins to kill them . While that might sound exciting in the tabloids I do not think that that is anywhere near an accurate picture of how things are done in the Philippines, and that everytime someone repeats it [ especially if that person is a Global Mod on a foreigners forum ] you do a great disservice to this country. I know you mean well, but unfortunately I think you are creating a great deal of misinformation - especially on a forum that many people use as a guide in getting information about the Philippines - some of them considering it as a future home.

btw- did you realize that your post- in a forum on Filipino Culture- contained no less than 4 references to people sending assassins on motorcycles to solve their problems in the Philippines?

Edited by Davaoeno
  • Like 2