Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for impregnating a Filipina

bepresentnow

I contacted Paul and was told that I can restart this thread in a more forum friendly tone.

Let me be clear, this is not a situation I'm currently in. I don't want kids at the moment. I always have protected sex, I'm always curious about this because a lot of the girls here don't get the necessary sex education that we had when we were in school in the west, and then there's the church's stand on birth control.

When I first came to this country, I met a few ladies that didn't even know what a condom is, and then there was one girl that knows what it is and was against me putting it on, I didn't understand why - but I put it on anyway, she didn't leave ;). And then there are those that like to have sex unprotected, and then there are the accidents, etc. This will help the affected parties stay more informed.

I will not give you my opinion on the moral aspect of this situation, PLEASE keep it legal, you can think of me either way.

Now, if you're a foreigner and happen to be in this situation, what are your LEGAL obligations?

Child support laws in the Philippines, Paul mentioned a p4000 per month but he was not completely sure about this. Can anybody verify this figure? or go a little more into detail.

There was talk of involving the foreigner's home government, the Filipina needs to have connection from the foreigner's home country.

I know that in the US if you're behind on your child support, your passport will be taken away.

smokey

I contacted Paul and was told that I can restart this thread in a more forum friendly tone.

Let me be clear, this is not a situation I'm currently in. I don't want kids at the moment. I always have protected sex, I'm always curious about this because a lot of the girls here don't get the necessary sex education that we had when we were in school in the west, and then there's the church's stand on birth control.

When I first came to this country, I met a few ladies that didn't even know what a condom is, and then there was one girl that knows what it is and was against me putting it on, I didn't understand why - but I put it on anyway, she didn't leave ;). And then there are those that like to have sex unprotected, and then there are the accidents, etc. This will help the affected parties stay more informed.

I will not give you my opinion on the moral aspect of this situation, PLEASE keep it legal, you can think of me either way.

Now, if you're a foreigner and happen to be in this situation, what are your LEGAL obligations?

Child support laws in the Philippines, Paul mentioned a p4000 per month but he was not completely sure about this. Can anybody verify this figure? or go a little more into detail.

There was talk of involving the foreigner's home government, the Filipina needs to have connection from the foreigner's home country.

I know that in the US if you're behind on your child support, your passport will be taken away.

your asking legal questions on THIS forum? Spend the 500 p it takes and get legal advise and dont tell the lawyer any names or you might find him on the other side of the table

• Like 2

tonny

Wow thought this site was to be help full but some of these guys always look for the dark side,if some one want to answer let them answer with out getting attacked or other wise cracks we all know you can go to a lawyer. When some one ask a question shut up if you have no answer.Are those who think they might know let them answer. We or not mine readers who know he a troll or he no good what a bunch of end of the roaders for sure!!!

Edited by tonny
  • Like 5

Davaoeno

Wow thought this site was to be help full but some of these guys always look for the dark side,if some one want to answer let them answer with out getting attacked or other wise cracks we all know you can go to a lawyer. When some one ask a question shut up if you have no answer.Are those who think they might know let them answer. We or not mine readers who know he a troll or he no good what a bunch of end of the roaders for sure!!!

I'm sorry - I read all of your answer but I couldnt figure out what the advice was that you are giving the OP . Was there any in your post ? Or were you just attacking the previous post ?

• Like 3

tripsigg

I think we already touched on this subject and got good information out there? When it comes to a US citizen, sure the passport can be taken, but you have to be in arrears over a certain amount and it was to be US child support, not foreign child support, meaning that unless and until a child support order is entered in US citizen's place of residence, there is no negative.

The simple fact of the matter is that if I go to the Phililippines on a vacation and impregnate a Filipina, I'm under no legal obligation to provide her with any support. I'll only be required to if I am stupid enough to do several things.

1) Provide her with my full legal name and probably a copy of my passport

AND

2) Provide her sufficient information to locate my place of residence in the US

AND

3) Impregnate a Filipina with enough resources(money, knowledge, etc) to actually push through with a child support order

Most people will fail on at least one or more of those counts though. Another big no-no would be to stick around in the same place after getting a Filipina pregnant. If she knows where you live right now in the Philippines, she can make life hard for you and probably try to stick Philippine child support on you. But realize that if you are not around, she can't get a DNA test and unless a US court orders a DNA test to prove you are the father, there is NO WAY they will enforce a Philippine child support order in the US.

miles-high
if I go to the Phililippines on a vacation and impregnate a Filipina, I'm under no legal obligation to provide her with any support

Your child support obligation does not start at the time of “impregnation”, rather it would start at the time of child birth. The title to this forum is therefore misleading.

if I am stupid enough to do several things

It is hard to understand there are people who do not want to support their own children…

Well, there is some consolation knowing that children of mixed races of mostly Spanish, Chinese, American, Japanese, etc. are likely to be well-educated, high-achievers and do very well in the Philippines.

Darwin’s evolutionary theory has proven right again…

However, the legal progress in this area is slow…

http://www.state.gov/s/l/c3452.htm

http://en.wikipedia....ily_Maintenance

http://www.hcch.net/....status&cid=131

Hopefully, in the future, each passport shall contain each person’s DNA and the DNA tracking make it easy to locate the perpetrator.

Big brother? Yes! 1984? Yes!

Have sex as much as you want to but the child birth should be “controlled” and only allowed to certain combination/classes of select people… for the future of humanity…

Edited by miles-high
  • Like 1

smokey

I'm sorry - I read all of your answer but I couldnt figure out what the advice was that you are giving the OP . Was there any in your post ? Or were you just attacking the previous post ?

i know it was stupid of me to assume something so frigging important as a child would be seeking real advise instead of ... i know a guy who knows a guy who once got drunk with a girl who has a sister who best friend said she had lunch one day with a friend of her friends who had sex with a guy who could of been a foreigner

• Like 1

JamesMusslewhite

I just wander what the moral obligation the father has to the health, care, support, and welfare of the child? As a man, what does he owe a child?

tripsigg

This thread is about legal obligations, not moral obligations. Maybe that is for another thread?

Paul

Please note, I mentioned this due to having heard it from a foreigner in Bogo, Cebu. He stated that he went to court with his ex-girlfriend and was required to pay Php 4,000 / month for their baby. He said that it was imperative to keep receipts, because the ex- could try to take you to court saying she had not received these payments, thereby causing you to have pay them again.

CYA, baby, CYA.

JamesMusslewhite

This thread is about legal obligations, not moral obligations. Maybe that is for another thread?

Yes the legal obligation are so much different that what a man should actually feel deep in his core being? Legally he will pay a minimum support and feel good about dumping his moral responsibility on others and emotionally abandoning his children to their fates..

They are so so different... UNLESS THEY ARE ACTUALLY A REAL MAN, and not just another punk-ass boy with a dick!!!

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
  • Like 2

Headshot

Yes the legal obligation are so much different that what a man should actually feel deep in his core being? Legally he will pay a minimum support and feel good about dumping his moral responsibility on others and emotionally abandoning his children to their fates..

They are so so different... UNLESS THEY ARE ACTUALLY A REAL MAN, and not just another punk-ass boy with a dick!!!

Sorry James...but this thread is NOT about morals or whether somebody is a "real man" or not. It is about legal liabilities, which are no different between a "real man" or a "punk-ass boy" as you say. The law doesn't take into account the moral maturity of the father. Whether or not the father has a MORAL REPONSIBILITY to his child is NOT the subject of this thread. Please stay on-topic or ignore the topic completely. If you wish to discuss the moral responsibility of fathers, please start another thread.

• Like 1

Stranded Shipscook

I advise a couple of woman here in Balamban/Asturias with child support questions. One is a Norwegian, the other an Austrian,the third a German father.

After going through the process of proof and the involvement of the Embassy and the respective Dept. of Social welfare here and their counterpart abroad, child support was granted in (sufficient, but lower than abroad) amount, the governments would/will "reclaim" the money from the fathers if necessary. So it's first the governments ( at least the above) stepping in, when done correctly.

All three Embassies entertained the Ladies immediately, polite and supportive with the "what to do".I heard other stories, but then again, i just heard.

Moral is, one can not expect to "get away",eventually he will receive "letters" from his local governments and then the procedures start. False names and ID's (as somebody mentioned) may delay, but not for long as immigration records may be obtained,and they all have Photos... Even if not, it's despicable.

To the honor of the mentioned fathers i have to add, that all three of them, after the initial shock and mistrust they had, accepted their duty without any complaint and even went above the "ordered" amount.

They also stay in good contact, maybe in future even reconsider their decision and make the family "complete".

• Like 1

Bill H

Interesting, particularly since I've met more women than I can count who had a baby with a Filipino who promptly abandoned her and the baby, never to be seen or heard from again. None of these women have been able to get even one centavo in support from these dead beat dads. Does this mean Foreigners are treated differently under Philippines law than Pinoys?

Stranded Shipscook

Interesting, particularly since I've met more women than I can count who had a baby with a Filipino who promptly abandoned her and the baby, never to be seen or heard from again. None of these women have been able to get even one centavo in support from these dead beat dads. Does this mean Foreigners are treated differently under Philippines law than Pinoys?

The thread is about foreigners and for them their home country laws apply. There are Bilateral agreements in Place.