Sign in to follow this  
bepresentnow

LEGAL obligations for knocking up a Filipina

bepresentnow

You're a foreigner, you had sex with a girl, nine months later she is your front door with a baby in her arms. What is the law in the Philippines about child support etc.? Are there any other legal obligations to the mother, etc.? If there are, how will the Philippines enforce this? deportation?

Skywalker

Well now let me think about this - you had sex without a condom. 2 things; firstly you were trying for a child, and/or secondly you were trying for an STD.

OR - you didn't give a shoestring about either. And now it's come home to roost. So the question is; do I step up and be a father?

How original, lets look for the other option - avoidance.

Of course you seem to have completely ignored moral responsibility.

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 3

Mr. Mike

You might also want to consider your "moral" obligations, especially to the child!

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 4

goggleye

For the guy who knocks up that girl Man up - either marry this woman and be a father or start paying some child support for the next 18 to 22 years - for me it doesnt matter what the law requires - have some honor and integrity and do the right thing

• Like 5

Skywalker

Thanks Mr. Mike.

Davaoeno

I find it very suspect that the OP gives the impression that he knew nothing about this until after the baby was born. Even filipinas arent that shy.

As to how you figure they could enforce chiild support by deporting you is beyond me .

broden

the legal obligation will far underweigh the moral one

• Like 1

Skywalker

For the guy who knocks up that girl Man up - either marry this woman and be a father or start paying some child support for the next 18 to 22 years - for me it doesnt matter what the law requires - have some honor and integrity and do the right thing

If he had either he wouldn't be here asking fecking questions like this. He just wants a way out with, no cost, and no responsibility. Scum.

broden

you could always start with a DNA test

• Like 3

goggleye

i was with my sweetie one time in talambam when she got a massage - the massage lady had a Aussie bf who had promised to marry her - She has a two year old and is in Australia somewhere - she never heard from him again - really what a sad excuse for a man.

Headshot

Troll?

• Like 2

dc3driver

i was with my sweetie one time in talambam when she got a massage - the massage lady had a Aussie bf who had promised to marry her - She has a two year old and is in Australia somewhere - she never heard from him again -

So she got to Australia anyway?

Davaoeno

So she got to Australia anyway?

i assume he meant to say " and he is in Aust somewhere"

• Like 1

Skywalker

Another 'father' who got away it would seem.

Nobody questions the mother of course, because that always appears like bullying the 'weaker' sex.

Question: why didn't you practice safe sex?

Answer: blah blah blah is wasn't my fault blah blah I'm a victim blah blah bollocks.

broden

Another 'father' who got away it would seem.

Nobody questions the mother of course, because that always appears like bullying the 'weaker' sex.

Question: why didn't you practice safe sex?

Answer: blah blah blah is wasn't my fault blah blah I'm a victim blah blah bollocks.

personally speaking i would be just as hard, most likely much harder actually on a mother who walked away from her children