Brandon Vera / Shogun Rua - Sunday

Beserker101

Beserker101

This is the 4th "UFC on Fox" event (not a ppv)& it will be televised on the Balls Network/ Cebu 9:30am this Sunday - August 5th ,

... the prelims are free on Facebook as usual -

http://youtu.be/WVduE96wdtE

Event: UFC on FOX 4

Date: Sat., Aug. 4, 2012, at 8 p.m. ET on FOX

Main Event :

205 lbs.: Mauricio Rua vs. Brandon Vera

Main card (FOX) :

205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader

170 lbs.: Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson

155 lbs.: Jamie Varner vs. Joe Lauzon

Preliminary card (FUEL TV) :

145 lbs.: Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan

205 lbs.: Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado

145 lbs.: Rani Yahya vs. Josh Grispi

265 lbs.: Philip De Fries vs. Oli Thompson

145 lbs.: Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa

125 lbs.: Ulysses Gomez vs. John Moraga

Beserker101

I read somewhere that the winner gets Jones? :mellow:

Jones needs to get past Henderson @ 151/ Sept 1st ... btw > Koscheck vs Ellenberger plus Siver vs Yagin (the Filipino that upset Hominick @ 145) on the 151 card

http://www.opposingv...win-every-round

... Dana & Jones looking past Henderson

... Shogun looking past Vera

... Machida looking past Bader

Eddie "The Filipino Phenom" Yagin -

042112yagen2.jpg

• Like 2
WONINTWO
Machida looking past Bader

i dont know,lyoto knows bader beat rampage.BUT,this is one boring ass card.how bout evans machida 2? shogun machida 3?would be better than these fights,omg!!!

Vera is going to get beat up,Machida is gonna KO Bader,THIS SHOULD BE THE MAIN EVENT TOO..lauzon will prevail.I have not seen the betting lines but I am thinking the favs are the ones I am picking here.

Beserker101

i dont know,lyoto knows bader beat rampage.BUT,this is one boring ass card.how bout evans machida 2? shogun machida 3?would be better than these fights,omg!!!

Yep, Bader UD'd a used up Rampoop at catchweight last February, but was previously guillotined back to back by Tito Ortiz & Jon Jones

... Machida has lost 3 of his last 4 & the win was over Grandpa Couture ... I have no idea who wins this -

I would prefer to see > Machida vs Mousasi -and- Bader vs King Mo

Vera is going to get beat up,Machida is gonna KO Bader,THIS SHOULD BE THE MAIN EVENT TOO..lauzon will prevail.I have not seen the betting lines but I am thinking the favs are the ones I am picking here.

Logical thinking would be Shogun & Machida winning , but I'm gonna take the +300 on the underdogs & +120 on Varner in a parlay

... I look for FOTN from Lauzon vs Varner

1d04745bee1376ba6693f651c001d501.jpg

AgW470dCQAA5VRv.jpg

• Like 1
WONINTWO

1d04745bee1376ba6693f651c001d501.jpg

AgW470dCQAA5VRv.jpg

lol,I like this pic,ha ha ha....Machida had his chance against Bones,but blew it.In the first round he just missed w/a round-house kick and the blitz,coulda been lights out BUT,NO.......IMO Machida actually looked better in that first round than anybody has against Bones since Bonner.I am not expecting much from Hendo AT AGE 41,but I still wanna see Bones on the matt doin the fish-flop.I just can not stand the guy.No one has hit him yet and I am hopin a few 'H'-bombs land on his conceited ass.FOTN,is what exactly?if you are in the fils and you want to bet the lines,who are you dealing with?Can you cash out from the fils?or do you have to keep it in an account?I forget who I was going to use when Vitor v.Silva but I didn't as it seemed as it was going to be a hassle to get paid-off/cash-out.Silva won any way,AHHH HA HA HA !!!! +300 ON Bader is a good bet,Machida beat Rampage,but got whacked in Shogun 2,so ya never know w/Machida.Bader is not a great striker so if it goes to the ground???? as for Vera,I am surprised he is getting a headliner.Shogun is on the comeback trail and will want to end it early against a cream puff who lost to Jones via,broken orbital?.what is the under?
  • Like 1
Beserker101

lol,I like this pic,ha ha ha....Machida had his chance against Bones,but blew it.In the first round he just missed w/a round-house kick and the blitz,coulda been lights out BUT,NO.......IMO Machida actually looked better in that first round than anybody has against Bones since Bonner.

Agreed, Machida won the 1st round vs Jones, .. I lost my bloody shirt on Bonner vs Jones (Jones' 2nd fight in the UFC)

dpy0d5.jpg

I am not expecting much from Hendo AT AGE 41,but I still wanna see Bones on the matt doin the fish-flop.I just can not stand the guy.No one has hit him yet and I am hopin a few 'H'-bombs land on his conceited ass

Jones has fought overly conservative since winning the belt from Rua, it will not surprise me at all if Henderson catches him

w/ the big right hand .. anything can happen in MMA, ask Hendo's last 3 victims > Shogun, Fedor, & Feijao -

.FOTN,is what exactly?

Fight of the Night -

if you are in the fils and you want to bet the lines,who are you dealing with?Can you cash out from the fils?or do you have to keep it in an account?I forget who I was going to use when Vitor v.Silva but I didn't as it seemed as it was going to be a hassle to get paid-off/cash-out.Silva won any way,AHHH HA HA HA !!!! +300 ON Bader is a good bet,Machida beat Rampage,but got whacked in Shogun 2,so ya never know w/Machida.Bader is not a great striker so if it goes to the ground???? as for Vera,I am surprised he is getting a headliner.Shogun is on the comeback trail and will want to end it early against a cream puff who lost to Jones via,broken orbital?.what is the under?

The only option here in the Philippines is online/ offshore w/ a debit or credit card & it is a hassle getting a DHL payoff ,

... I bet with locals & expats whenever possible, cash on the barrel-head .

Bader has the wrestling pedigree & rolls w/ Velasquez, Dollaway, & Simpson .. he will probably try for the TD's,

... I'm not really sure how successful he will be -

Vera & Bader are both +300 (3-1 underdogs)

Beserker101

... free prelims on Facebook starting now/ 5:00am Cebu time - lol

Beserker101

Preliminary card (FUEL TV) Results :

145 lbs.: Cole Miller vs. Nam Phan - don't look for either of these fighters in a title-match -

205 lbs.: Phil Davis vs. Wagner Prado - NC due to eye-poke early in the 1st round, Prado's debut ends in disaster -

145 lbs.: Rani Yahya vs. Josh Grispi - brilliant north/south choke, BJJ at its best -

265 lbs.: Philip De Fries vs. Oli Thompson - two British heavyweights, I would prefer bamboo-chutes under my fingernails to watching this again -

145 lbs.: Manny Gamburyan vs. Michihiro Omigawa - both of these fighters should seek honest employment outside of MMA -

125 lbs.: Ulysses Gomez vs. John Moraga - Moraga debuts in spectacular fashion, definately has a future in the UFC -

Beserker101

Main Card Results :

205 lbs.: Mauricio Rua vs. Brandon Vera - embarrassing performance, both fighters looked more used up than a 26yr old bargirl -

205 lbs.: Lyoto Machida vs. Ryan Bader - Bader chose not to use his size, strength, & wrestling = paid the price for a dumbass strategy -

170 lbs.: Mike Swick vs. DaMarques Johnson - Swick w/ the 2nd round KO -

155 lbs.: Jamie Varner vs. Joe Lauzon - why Varner would want to take Lauzon to the mat is a mystery to me = tapped -

** Dana said Machida will get the rematch vs Jones (or Henderson if he scores w/ the H-Bomb) ,

maybe he should look a the pics above or Henderson's lack-lustre performance vs Rua ?

dana3.jpg

Edited by Beserker101
MarinePride

All I can say is that they must have started the fights early, because I turned on Balls at 0900 and much to my surprise, I saw Rogan and Goldberg talking already. I guess I missed the first fight, but I caught the final three. Good fights and definitely worth the time to watch. Machida had a very nice KO and that's all I really cared about. He had a bit of Anderson Silva in him with the way he was moving. Definitely the "Dragon" is back.

Beserker101

All I can say is that they must have started the fights early, because I turned on Balls at 0900 and much to my surprise, I saw Rogan and Goldberg talking already. I guess I missed the first fight, but I caught the final three. Good fights and definitely worth the time to watch. Machida had a very nice KO and that's all I really cared about. He had a bit of Anderson Silva in him with the way he was moving. Definitely the "Dragon" is back.

Yep, Sky Cable website & on-screen guide plus the Balls website, all had the wrong start time .. difficult to understand

mikejwoodnz

I watched Shogun Rua beat Brandon Vera on the Balls Channel - good fight.

littlePP

GREAT fights! Missed the morning fights as I was busy coughing up yellow and green chunks from my lungs and battling a 119 F fever - well, it felt like it. Sleeping in a puddle of my bodily fluids with the air con blasting all day.

Thanks to Vera, he has my testosterone flowing and I will probably be up all night now, watching informercials on how asian woman can get bigger boobs with some creams.

As once said by Neon Ian, the gay Korean we all want to Peon, These fighters met face to face and settled it like - men! :steve:

I was totally impressed with Vera, who would of knocked out Shogun, if Rua stayed on his feet - as he was rocked. I have never seen Shogun looking for a takedown so badly, and I am sure this surprised Vera as well. In my opinion, Shogun is entering the too many concussions, slow down phase of his career, and a rematch with Jones is beyond silly.

Machida is still the best opponent of Jones, his style -and Bader looked like a lunging drunken barfighter against him, odd considering his wrestling skills are division 1 world class and showing just how skilled machida is.

Shogun needs to retire as he is no way a title threat anymore.

Swick is back and damn can that guy throw em, quick.

Lauzon shows what it means to have every aspect of MMA covered, as Varner was tagging him at times. Varner looked a big gassed taking the fight on short notice, but the boston kid is one sure badass, or "man".

All in all, the UFC needed this card to be as it was, and this is a shot in the arm of a rising sport being the best Fox (love their news) has had to date.

• Like 1
WONINTWO
difficult to understand

I dont know? these were west coast of the USA fights.I was expecting a later start time,maybe bein on Fox had somethin to do w/it?Fox wanted a prime-time MMA battle? BUT,at nine AM here,Lauzon was gettin in the ring in L.A....thats SIX PM Saturday night in L.A.,yes?n e way...

Machida is the guy who can beat Jones, if Jones can be beat ,right now.The right-cross he put Bader to sleep with would have put Jones lights out too! Whoever it is that does put Jones lights out,I want to see it.I would not be doin the PPV in the states for these fights.In the states a VPN and mmashare.com has these fights as they are being fought or shortly thereafter.

• Like 2