trip to the dentist

becbec2012

next to flying my other biggest fear is the DENTIST chair ,after putting off the visit for as long as possible i decided to get it over with .anyway i took the g f along to hold my hand lol she took along her x-rays to get a price for a job she needs doing kill 2 birds with the same stone.As i sat in the chair i could feel my body going into rigorous mortus mode ,she was laughing at me as the dentist let him watch me get a filling .after i,d been sorted the dentist said to my g f right lets look at you well he said to her you need 2 extractions so i,ll just take them out now lol it was my turn to start laughing ,she was,nt laughing after they came out lol .

• Like 1
CebuKano

Haha! Good story. Yeah, I don't like dentist visits either. About a month ago I took my father in law to the dentist here in Mandaue for a problem and the dentist pulled the problem tooth. I was surprised with how quick he was out of there and on his feet. I wasn't laughing because I will probably be the dentist's next "victim" :D

• Like 1
Majorsco

Three weeks ago I had my first dental experience in the Philippines. I had an infection in my tooth so I had to take antibiotics and get a doctor's clearance after a week before the dentist would do the extraction. Then the extraction itself occured which was pretty much like what I had experienced in the US, except that I then had two weeks of fever, stomach/intestinal issues, and lost 20 pounds. I'm not sure I'll have another one here??

• Like 1
philuk

had the whole lot replaced with a bridge in Angeles three years ago cost about 600 quid, never had a broblem then or now.

my dentist here said it would have been over three and a half grand for the same job in the UK

man i hate the dentist

• Like 1
CebuKano

Three weeks ago I had my first dental experience in the Philippines. I had an infection in my tooth so I had to take antibiotics and get a doctor's clearance after a week before the dentist would do the extraction. Then the extraction itself occured which was pretty much like what I had experienced in the US, except that I then had two weeks of fever, stomach/intestinal issues, and lost 20 pounds. I'm not sure I'll have another one here??

Yikes. I could stand to lose a few pounds but not like that. I've been fortunate to not have to have any dental work done yet over here but my family has had no problems so far. Knock on wood. I know that it's just a matter of time for me...

jusjoseph

500 peso removal, 3000 peso root canal and save the tooth. gonna love the gum jobs 10 years from now. Good to see all you guys are stepping up to plate for dental work.

• Like 1
fredanna

Dentistry is a hit and miss proposition in the Phils. Some are equal to the USA and then there are the others. You can't beat the price in the Phils. I need 2 implants to fill in for three missing back teeth (chewing teeth). My dentist wants to use what she calls a Pontiff tooth to be the third tooth (middle) ........$3200USD for the two implants and $3800USD for the actual three teeth.

It'll be a while before I get into that debt. I ain't going to use one of those DENTAL Credit cards either. Once you go beyond 2 year payback they suck you dry on the interest. My retirement dental is only $600/yr for me and my wife. woopie!

Bottom tooth extractions (back teeth) are usually the hardest to remove. A lot of my problems were fractured root canals. Once the root is fractured; you got a good possibility for infection.

Fred

lazydays
Dentistry is a hit and miss proposition

Well this one is definately hit and miss, :lol: so if you ever visit rural Pakistan forget the Dentist visit.

post-6307-0-60989300-1343860248_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
digiteye

with everything you have to be careful about money in dentistry in Cebu. I was offered a price of 9500 for a crown which I eventually got done for 4000. One was in the city near Cebu Doc Hospital and the other in Minglanilla. I had the same long nose in both cases, so it was not long nose tax.

And the offers were about the same quality thing.

Justin Kredible

Tooth extraction followed by complimentary upper/lower digestive tract cleansing: It's more fun in the Philippines!

Stranded Shipscook

Got a good lady dentist in Balamban, does all cleaning every 6 months.(300 php) So i don't need much dental work.

However, this year i had a small abcess on my wisdom tooth, ( which could be removed, but i like to keep it for "later"). Caused by an embedded piece of (food) bone between the Gum and the tooth !

Went to Dr.Allan Robert Lim , 2nd floorRm201-B, Borromeo Medical Center at the back of Cebu Doct Hospital. Ph.255-6807

Abcess including Med's and materials1500,- flat rate, also a pack of antibiotic for aftercare given to me.( ok, that might have been sample from a prior visit of a Pharmarep.) Good Job, back to work same day and no further problems.

2 years ago he removed a crooked Wisdom Tooth on the other side. 500,-php incl. Local Anastesia,which is costly stuff.

Since he was recommended by other Docs i trust him. The Docs also said, he prices reasonable. But ofcourse, that can vary from patient to patient.

He does Dentistry and Dental Surgery, but no Implants (I asked). However,he can prepare and works together with others.

can't harm to just visit him, get his regular cleanup and ask in the process before its "too late"and a "must".

• Like 1
musicman666

I have to do a huge touch wood with what I am about say....but as a kid in the uk they filled every tooth with so much metal that I got totally freaked out with the worst pain I could imagine.....of course dentists those days on the national health got paid by the filling....you do the maths. So since then I avoided dentists ....sure I got the odd tooth ache but guess what....mother nature fixes the holes.....I think a dentist with his little pick acctually made the holes worse....

So now hear I am decades later with the same bloody fillings I had as a child....but that's it ....still got all my own teeth...And no pain today!

Moral of the story....don't go to the dentist....they are only in it for themselves!

• Like 1
udonthani

once again, another example of Saint Amerikano Syndrome.

it's loss, or transfer, of control and trying to make it seem like it's a really good thing.

never in a million years would a grown man even dream of bringing their wife or girlfriend into the surgery to hold their hand in the west, however much they disliked dentists.

mothers have to do that obviously, with their little kids, but not grown men.

the irony is of course that even though the girl may be thirty years younger than you, the great scholar of Saint Amerikano Syndrome, Stendhahl of Zurich, realised very early on, especially when situations such as this are reported, that even though the girl is much younger than the man, that she is nine times out of ten, the victim's Mother Figure. She takes him to the toilet, feeds him sometimes even by hand like a woman feeds a baby, not a man, and stuff like that.

Edited by udonthani
becbec2012

once again, another example of Saint Amerikano Syndrome.

it's loss, or transfer, of control and trying to make it seem like it's a really good thing.

never in a million years would a grown man even dream of bringing their wife or girlfriend into the surgery to hold their hand in the west, however much they disliked dentists.

mothers have to do that obviously, with their little kids, but not grown men.

the irony is of course that even though the girl may be thirty years younger than you, the great scholar of Saint Amerikano Syndrome, Stendhahl of Zurich, realised very early on, especially when situations such as this are reported, that even though the girl is much younger than the man, that she is nine times out of ten, the victim's Mother Figure. She takes him to the toilet, feeds him sometimes even by hand like a woman feeds a baby, not a man, and stuff like that.

er shut the feck up my g f 10 years younger and the dentist invited her to watch ok
  • Like 1