trip to Hong Kong and passport for Filipina

Headshot

Disneyland Hong Kong is small and can easily be seen in less that one full day. I was disappointed but my gf was thrilled. That was really my only reason for going so I would say it's worthwhile. She loves her picture with Mickey and Minnie!

It was the same with me. It was for my wife that we went to Disneyland - Hong Kong. She loved it (although it was cold at the time...February of last year). I thought it was small and paled in comparison to Disneyland - Annaheim or Disneyworld - Orlando. We weren't there for me, so I considered the trip a success.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Monsoon

• spooks

• jusjoseph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of how you feel about Disneyland, your girl will love it (provided you don't ruin it for her by bitching the whole time you are there). I'm guessing that when you went to Disney World when

I have seen promos like the one Davaoeno linked before, on the web and in travel agents, the price seemed to me, to be plenty cheaper than you can get if you organized everything yourself. Like I said

getting a passport here in Davao, including an agency rush fee was 1800 pesos. It took 15 days. There is a list of required docs- birth cert, baptismal cert, possibly NBI clearance but possibly not

easy44

The package deals are not as good as they sound. I took a 4 days, 3 nights package through Cathay which really ended up being a 2 days, 3 nights trip. Due to the timing of the flights, it took almost 2 days just for travel time. Check departure times before you book.

• Like 1
udonthani

don't know if this is true or not, but I also heard, that when they first built it, they found out that the main dining area was far too small, compared with the previous experience they'd had in building parks. In the US people don't stay as long, eating their meal and just get out of there in only half an hour or not much more than half an hour. The Asians wanted to spend far longer eating - at least an hour. So they had to refit the whole dining area making it larger.

• 3 months later...

My gf just got her passport yesterday in Mandaue. Took two trips to Pacific Mall just to apply for a renewal. 500 applicants ahead of her. Took 4 weeks to process it and I think it was 1200 pesos. Looking for a cheap flight from Cebu to Bangkok in Jan. .Waiting for the 5000P promo rt. fare on CP. Later, SB

CFO is being enforced more than rigidly if departing from Clark where some of the best flight deals are. More than a few pinays being offloaded with return tickets and their traveling partners with them etc

Edited by spooks
udonthani

the country is resembling a prison more and more. It's like West and East Germany used to be. The western bit used to pay the eastern bit, to get people over. Real hard foreign currency. The East German elite,who had all the goons and all the guns, thought of it as being a tidy little earner. Same here.

Here you go Whippy. Here are the requirements for the Philippine passport...

The downside is that without any stamps in her passport and not being married to you, there is a chance they won't 1) let her board the plane in the Philippines or 2) let her through Immigration in Hong Kong. Either way, you could suddenly find yourself with a bird back in the bush instead of in the hand. It is a risk.

My husband, my sister and I were in Hong Kong for a few days. I can tell you from experience that the Immigration Officers are very strict. While waiting in line, a Filipina was denied entry. She was alone though, and we asked her if she's working in Hong Kong and she said no, just a tourist. Maybe yours will be different since your girlfriend will be with you.

It is quite expensive in HK. We ordered a cup of tea in our hotel and it cost us US$5.00 each. Unless you eat in those hole-in-the-wall eateries, you might find inexpensive food. Well, good luck to you.

jusjoseph

If they have a valid passport, valid return ticket. are over 18, and sufficient funds for the stay, HOW and why are they being denied to depart? The being with a foriegner is another issue completely. The CFO has nothing to do with basic overseas travel for vacation. Has this happened to anyone IN PERSON here?

If they have a valid passport, valid return ticket. are over 18, and sufficient funds for the stay, HOW and why are they being denied to depart? The being with a foriegner is another issue completely. The CFO has nothing to do with basic overseas travel for vacation. Has this happened to anyone IN PERSON here?

Sorry to say this is exactly what is happening with alarming regularity especially at Clark All the immigration officer has to do is ask for documents that normal tourists would never have and that is grounds for refusal, ie bank records contracts of employment at home to prove working or enrollment documents to prove they are a student. For some corrupt BID officials it is a money spinner etc. I was at the CFO recently and there was a group of pinays who had been turned away at the airport because they did not have a CFO sticker, even though they were going on vacation etc.

Strictly a CFO is not needed for tourism purposes, yet that is overlooked by BID if they choose to do so. Suggest you Google clark off loading policy etc

http://www.pinoycomplaints.com/2011/04/offloaded-by-immigration.html

http://www.philippines-travel-guide.com/philippine-immigration-departure-requirements.html

The above are just two examples of many. the national press has demanded answered as to why over 30, 000 have been offloaded this year without refunds of their travel tax as they never traveled, a scandal in itself.

• Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

It is quite expensive in HK. We ordered a cup of tea in our hotel and it cost us US$5.00 each. Unless you eat in those hole-in-the-wall eateries, you might find inexpensive food. Well, good luck to you.

Some of those hole in the wall eateries are quite good in HK.

• Like 1
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

First off, I am very opposed to them stopping any Filipino citizen who wants to travel. I believe in survival of the fittest and if they want to be a free country, then let the citizens be free. However, a lot of the complaints and actual cases of people being unloaded on the websites you referenced are actually rather legitimate under Philippine immigration laws. You will notice a lot of the complaints there talk about "on my way to see my fiance with bank guarantee etc. etc." But, if your really leaving to be with a foreigner fiance they need to go through the CFO process. Another poster on that site talked about "Chance work". So they were emmigrating and bypassing the OFW requirements.

Again, I don't agree with the rules. But I would venture to guess that a lot of the people getting flagged are probably legitimately flagged.

But at the same time, I wish Filipinos would come together and fight to change some of these silly rules.

My personal experience on this has been pretty good overall. I have travelled with girlfriends in the past. Some of them being their first trip out of the country. My wife (before she was my wife) got flagged when she went to HK for the first time together with me. We didn't go through the line together (if you try to do this in Singapore you get yelled at). So they asked her to go to the back room, when they realized I was with her they had this look of, "Oh, damn we didn't need to bother." Since then she has travelled solo to meet me in various ASEAN countries to join me and hasn't had a problem.

A young attractive Filipina travelling to HK for the first time on her own should be prepared to show she's not there to do anything but be a true tourist.

My wife just went and got CFO recently.

No big deal.

We were lead to believe that anyone wanting to travel outside the PI needed it.

Apparently new directives from Pnoy.

She was told even our kids, 11 and 14 years old needed CFO.

Hardly any mention of it here though? :idontknow:

I do remember that the British man who ended up being murdered by his wife Evelyn took her to HK to meet his parents

I think she was 17 at the time

Obviously things have gotten stricter especially if you are leaving from Clark I hear

Some of those hole in the wall eateries are quite good in HK.

I agree with you. I didn't say the food's no good in hole-in-the-wall restaurants. It's just that they're cheaper and probably you'll get more for your money. Bon appetit! :)

I was interested in this tread.

Was hoping on a trip to Hong Kong for my family.

I think our passport thing and all is cool.

Wondered more about if the hotel info sites like Agoda and all is real?

Was looking at Jan or Feb of 2013.

Any current help?

Or should I try to start my own thread?

Trying to learn my way around here.