trip to Hong Kong and passport for Filipina

udonthani

forget disney land its boring.

I know that, and you know that, but she doesn't.

I thought the Florida one was shite, even though I was only seven years old at the time.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Monsoon

• jusjoseph

• spooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of how you feel about Disneyland, your girl will love it (provided you don't ruin it for her by bitching the whole time you are there). I'm guessing that when you went to Disney World when

I have seen promos like the one Davaoeno linked before, on the web and in travel agents, the price seemed to me, to be plenty cheaper than you can get if you organized everything yourself. Like I said

getting a passport here in Davao, including an agency rush fee was 1800 pesos. It took 15 days. There is a list of required docs- birth cert, baptismal cert, possibly NBI clearance but possibly not

GROUPON also has an affiliate in the Philippines. They often have deeply discounted trips to HKG.

One such deal can be found at http://www.beeconomic.com.ph/deals/groupon-travel/SPF-Travel-Tours/716235557 . This particular deal requires 3 persons. Just grab another "bird" to take with ya. :D

I forget your timeframe but, these deals pop up all the time.

Headshot

forget disney land its boring.

I know that, and you know that, but she doesn't.

I thought the Florida one was shite, even though I was only seven years old at the time.

Regardless of how you feel about Disneyland, your girl will love it (provided you don't ruin it for her by bitching the whole time you are there). I'm guessing that when you went to Disney World when you were seven, you didn't see the whole thing. There are several different parks there. I can also imagine that staying in the Orlando YMCA (if your dad is as tight as you are) didn't add much to the experience for you either. Plan a whole day there, and let her buy a few souvenirs while she's there.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3

I found it quite funny that you posted this topic in "Hobbies and other interests" as opposed to one of the "Travel" forums.

Is it your hobby to take girls away on trips? Just asking ... rhetorically ;)

udonthani

if your dad is as tight as you are.

me and my elder brother paid for it from the money we'd earned mowing people's lawns and such, in Syracuse New York.

I distinctly remember dad asking us for a loan, in the car on the way there.

• Like 2

Also, Disneyland is every child's dream. Don't disappoint her.

udonthani

I heard the Hong Kong Disneyland was really small, as if everything is designed for people who don't shuffle around looking like these beached whales suddenly motivated to move around a little bit, like the US amusement parks are.

That's because HKG people ARE smaller :D

I don't think the size will matter to her anyway. She is from Iligan,,right? She has no clue about what to expect from amusement parks anyway.

Edited by TorJay
  • Like 1

Please elaborate on your prior experience with this. Did you read this some where? How do I say, crap, oh I know, crap.

Please elaborate on your prior experience with this. Did you read this some where? How do I say, crap, oh I know, crap.

To be fair, a lot of it depends on the staff on duty. Maybe you had a good day, while others caught them on a bad day? We all know things an be different from one day to the next right?

udonthani

a lot depends on the staff on duty.

a 70 year old guy trying to clear customs with an 18 year old girl who wasn't a blood relation, would probably draw attention at any airport in the world.

I took my gf to Ocean Park in Hong Kong and scared the crap out of her instead, and me :D - I hate heights

Edited by mexiwi
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm actually going to Hong Kong tom! I'm so excited cause I haven't been since I was a baby. Funny how I came across this post considering my bf is taking me. I have not idea what to expect, just looking forward to all the shopping. Disneyland i can do on another trip. I heard there's nothing great about it. I've heard that the Disneyland in Japan is much better.

easy44

Disneyland Hong Kong is small and can easily be seen in less that one full day. I was disappointed but my gf was thrilled. That was really my only reason for going so I would say it's worthwhile. She loves her picture with Mickey and Minnie!

• Like 1