trip to Hong Kong and passport for Filipina

udonthani

having actually done a bit of work this year rather than sitting on my ass and doing feck all like I have in the past two or three years, I'm going to have a bit more spare money than usual this year.

so I'm considering taking one of those package tours from Cebu to Hong Kong, with the bird.

I've never been to Hong Kong itself before - only the airport.

I'm looking at one of those three night package tours from Cebu, with the tickets for Disneyland and even a city guided tour thrown in.

how much can I expect to pay. I think it should be about 15,000 per person or even less.

this would be for about January.

the bird hasn't got a passport so she'll have to get one as I would be surprised, if they'll let her into Hong Kong without one, I know they don't cost a lot, but what precisely does she need, apart from the fee, to apply for one from Iligan also how long does it take.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Monsoon

• spooks

• jusjoseph

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Regardless of how you feel about Disneyland, your girl will love it (provided you don't ruin it for her by bitching the whole time you are there). I'm guessing that when you went to Disney World when

I have seen promos like the one Davaoeno linked before, on the web and in travel agents, the price seemed to me, to be plenty cheaper than you can get if you organized everything yourself. Like I said

getting a passport here in Davao, including an agency rush fee was 1800 pesos. It took 15 days. There is a list of required docs- birth cert, baptismal cert, possibly NBI clearance but possibly not

A_Simple_Man
I think it should be about 15,000 per person or even less.

I think you're dreaming. Hong Kong is as expensive as any other developed country. But prove me wrong and give me a tip on how I can do that too.

Cathay Pacific does packages from Cebu - maybe this would suit?

Maybe Cebu Pacific does too?

Davaoeno

having actually done a bit of work this year rather than sitting on my ass and doing feck all like I have in the past two or three years, I'm going to have a bit more spare money than usual this year.

so I'm considering taking one of those package tours from Cebu to Hong Kong, with the bird.

I've never been to Hong Kong itself before - only the airport.

I'm looking at one of those three night package tours from Cebu, with the tickets for Disneyland and even a city guided tour thrown in.

how much can I expect to pay. I think it should be about 15,000 per person or even less.

this would be for about January.

the bird hasn't got a passport so she'll have to get one as I would be surprised, if they'll let her into Hong Kong without one, I know they don't cost a lot, but what precisely does she need, apart from the fee, to apply for one from Iligan also how long does it take.

getting a passport here in Davao, including an agency rush fee was 1800 pesos. It took 15 days. There is a list of required docs- birth cert, baptismal cert, possibly NBI clearance but possibly not

• Like 2
Headshot

Here you go Whippy. Here are the requirements for the Philippine passport...

http://www.dfa.gov.p...ssport/passport

The downside is that without any stamps in her passport and not being married to you, there is a chance they won't 1) let her board the plane in the Philippines or 2) let her through Immigration in Hong Kong. Either way, you could suddenly find yourself with a bird back in the bush instead of in the hand. It is a risk.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 2

If she is with him, and under the age of 21, better get a letter or approval from her parents

Davaoeno

here's a promo that ends today

4days/3nights

Hongkong FREE & EASY PACKAGE

Rate: USD 259/adult

Package Inclusions

- Roundtrip Airfare via Cebu Pacific

- 3nights Hotel Accommodation base on TWN/TRP @ Silka Fareasr or Bridal Tea House

- Daily breakfast outside hotel

- Complimentary Half-day City Tour

- Roundtrip Airport Transfer

UPGRADE to Silka Seaview or Panda Hotel ADD 40USD/person

UPGRADE to Guangdong / Shamrock or Ramda ADD 100USD/person

Exclusions:

- Hongkong Tax & Fuel Surcharge= USD 99/person

- Philippine Travel Tax = Php 1620/person

Optional Tours:

- Disneyland Tour = USD 65/person

- Ocean Park Tour = USD 45/person

- Macau Day Tour w/ Lunch (Roundtrip Ferry Included) = USD 90/person

Remarks:

- Rates are subject to change w/o prior notice

- Above rate is in BOOK & BUY Basis or Firts Come First Serve Basis.

- Daily 30seats blocking. Surcharge for over 30seats is USD40/person

- For Philippine Passport Holder Only.

- Minimum of two paying passengers.

- Promo will run until 31July2012 only. Travel must completed until 30AUGUST2012.

Hope that above quotation will merit your approval. Looking forward to serve you! :)

The downside is that without any stamps in her passport and not being married to you, there is a chance they won't 1) let her board the plane in the Philippines or 2) let her through Immigration in Hong Kong.

If she is with him, and under the age of 21, better get a letter or approval from her parents

Took my gf to Hong Kong in May, from Cebu. Her first trip on her new passport.

Going out they asked who she was, I said gf. Asked where we were staying and wanted to see her ticket. Going into Hong Kong they just asked for her return ticket.

She's 19.

Pretty painless all around.

Edited by mexiwi
  • Like 1
jusjoseph

Took my gf to Hong Kong in May, from Cebu. Her first trip on her new passport.

Going out they asked who she was, I said gf. Asked where we were staying and wanted to see her ticket. Going into Hong Kong they just asked for her return ticket.

Same for me X2. No drama, no drama queens or armchair tourists. Just the facts.
  • Like 2
Mandingo

here's a promo that ends today

4days/3nights

Hongkong FREE & EASY PACKAGE

Rate: USD 259/adult

Package Inclusions

- Roundtrip Airfare via Cebu Pacific

- 3nights Hotel Accommodation base on TWN/TRP @ Silka Fareasr or Bridal Tea House

- Daily breakfast outside hotel

- Complimentary Half-day City Tour

- Roundtrip Airport Transfer

UPGRADE to Silka Seaview or Panda Hotel ADD 40USD/person

UPGRADE to Guangdong / Shamrock or Ramda ADD 100USD/person

Exclusions:

- Hongkong Tax & Fuel Surcharge= USD 99/person

- Philippine Travel Tax = Php 1620/person

Optional Tours:

- Disneyland Tour = USD 65/person

- Ocean Park Tour = USD 45/person

- Macau Day Tour w/ Lunch (Roundtrip Ferry Included) = USD 90/person

Remarks:

- Rates are subject to change w/o prior notice

- Above rate is in BOOK & BUY Basis or Firts Come First Serve Basis.

- Daily 30seats blocking. Surcharge for over 30seats is USD40/person

- For Philippine Passport Holder Only.

- Minimum of two paying passengers.

- Promo will run until 31July2012 only. Travel must completed until 30AUGUST2012.

Hope that above quotation will merit your approval. Looking forward to serve you! :)

Thats actually a very good deal,

I got tickets from Cebu to Hong Kong on Cathay Pacific for 5,208 peso, with all taxes they were about 8,400 peso each. Most hotels I looked at were in the 6,300 to 10,080 peso range per night although I did see some for much less but were very small and not in the area I wanted to be in. I want to be in the Kowloon area because my wife has a cousin working there that she wants to visit.

Wish I could have found a promo like that.

Edited by Mandingo
jusjoseph

Please elaborate on your prior experience with this. Did you read this some where? How do I say, crap, oh I know, crap.

• Like 1
udonthani

I have seen promos like the one Davaoeno linked before, on the web and in travel agents, the price seemed to me, to be plenty cheaper than you can get if you organized everything yourself. Like I said, I wouldn't mind even doing the guided bus tour or something like that as well as Disneyland, go for the full tourist thing, for once, with only having the evenings free.

looks like I might be able to do even better, than 15,000.

if it takes only two weeks or less to get a passport, there's no point doing anything now, might as well wait until I get there. I wouldn't anticipate anything going wrong at immigration, and neither would she need a letter from her parents surely, at 24. We won't look like a lot of the freak shows you see. I doubt whether either of the parents have written anything for years anyway, or even if they ever learned to read and write in the first place, they are both nice but absolute total mountain people, and with her being the youngest of 16 children, they are both 70 years of age too. If they ever learned how to write, they've probably forgotten, not that this in any way makes them stupid, of course.

• Like 3
udonthani

I think you're dreaming. Hong Kong is as expensive as any other developed country. But prove me wrong and give me a tip on how I can do that too.

you would be paying about 15,000 pesos per person, maybe even less, for a European city package tour from like London to somewhere like Barcelona or Copenhagen. OK, it's a little bit shorter distance than Hong Kong is from Cebu, but not really all that much different.

A_Simple_Man
looks like I might be able to do even better, than 15,000.

I have also seen the promos like the one Davao mentioned. i don't believe in truth in advertising in Philippines. I have not seen anyone who has come back and said they did it on 15,000 per person or less. I wish you luck being the first. Keep track of your budget and let us know how to do it. Many more would go at that price.

samatm

meet the bird in Manila. Take asia air from clark to hong kong 550 pesos all in no luggugage. Stay at Mei Lam Guest house. Ride the airport bus to the doorstop. buy a 3 day tourist octopus card for unlimited mtr riding. buy your tix to ocean park . forget disney land its boring. eat one lunc buffet at the Hipot 45 HK full buffet with chinese deserts, and unlimited drinks only 48 per head all in. take your own transportation to and walk up the peak.

find a good view one night in kowloon to see the light show. Take a ferry ride on your own to one of the islands . Easily for 15K each plus souveniers at the temple street market. The package is too short and too controlled.. forced shopping .. etc.

have fun.