favorite Olympic moments

udonthani

udonthani

incredible race this. The guy is miles behind for the first half and they have to move the camera, to get him in shot. He looks like he's starting out on the Marathon, not the 800 meters. After 500m he starts kicking in, overtakes everybody, and just at the last second wins the race. Amazing.

nice cap too.

• Like 1
rfm010

incredible race this. The guy is miles behind for the first half and they have to move the camera, to get him in shot. He looks like he's starting out on the Marathon, not the 800 meters. After 500m he starts kicking in, overtakes everybody, and just at the last second wins the race. Amazing.

nice cap too.

dave wottle. i remember watching that. it was the year i first got into long distance running so i was really into the track events.

another 1972 memory, one that really blew me away at the time, enough that i had to cheer the foreigner :), but looking at the video now, maybe the ref got it wrong?

edit: the man deserves to have his name spelled right.

Edited by rfm010
tobster

it was the 1896 summer olympics ...........well the rowing and yachting were cancelled after the swimmers got in the way.................and somehow someone fell overboard and whilst swimming for his life got the first gold medal in swimming..............

• Like 1
rfm010
someone fell overboard and whilst swimming for his life got the first gold medal in swimming..............

yeah, swimming was more interesting back when there were sharks in the water...

This swimming was pretty special too

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i'm just really waiting to see the guy with the fake legs run..

i don't think he has yet or i'll have to look for replays

as far as favorite moment.. i like sports and i like to watch athletes put it all out there for that one shot

might be cliché

hard to pick one.. miracle on ice was pretty good though

i'm just really waiting to see the guy with the fake legs run.. i don't think he has yet or i'll have to look for replays
Athletics starts on friday.... I believe.

Usain Bolts 100 & 200 meters in last Olympics was something extraordinary.. I think we are many who likes to see a repeat...

Usain Bolts 100 & 200 meters in last Olympics was something extraordinary.. I think we are many who likes to see a repeat...

The 200m final is on the 9th and we have tickets :yahoo: The girlfriend flies in this weekend.

My money is on Blake this time.

• Like 1

The 200m final is on the 9th and we have tickets :yahoo: The girlfriend flies in this weekend.

My money is on Blake this time.

Congrats to both the ticket and your gf's arrival to share this moment with you.

I am afraid you might be right about Blake but I hope Bolt wins. :)

udonthani

. . . . and she still danced, for the spectators after the competition was over. That's entertainment. Probably the highlight of the Atlanta Games, which was one of the least good games in modern times.

• Like 1
WONINTWO

3 WAY TIE: Janet Lynne's performance to win a Silver medal.

John Carlos raising his hand to ask a question,in Mexico.

Jimmy Page actually playing his Les Paul at the closing in Beijing,as if he belonged there,LOL!

• Admin (Retired)
broden

ya know what i really enjoyed.. the original basketball dream team.. not cause they just crushed their way through

but rather the joy i saw on many of their opponents faces just getting to share the floor with those guys for that moment in life

• Like 3
scoander

During one of the early--might have been the first--modern Olympics, this guy walked up, saw that there was a bike race. Seeing a bike nearby, he asked if he could borrow it, got on and won!

black-power-salute-ap6810160546-ga.jpg

Edited by scoander