Taking Single Filipina to Hong Kong – Her first time out-of-country

Nangulo

I read through these forums for others’ experience. I read through many gov’t websites, both PI and HK.

Single Filipina’s need:

Valid passport

Return ticket

Letter of invite addressed from Hong Kong OR hotel reservations

Enough money to support herself for the duration of her planned visit.

Filipino’s get 14 days in-country without need for a visa.

So, I made the hotel reservations in HER name, not mine, for 3 nights.

I got 20,000 pesos from the ATM and had her put it in her purse (this almost/could have caused problems on the return leg).

Of course, we each had round trip tickets in our own names.

All of the requirements were met – or so I thought.

We get past the travel tax counter (1620 pesos, each) and the terminal fee counter (550 pesos, each) and go, together, to the nearest immigration officer. Me, no problem. I’ve been around the world 3 times and have stamps all over my passport. Her passport was completely blank.

Hong Kong, eh? You need to fill out more forms. She had to fill out a form stating all of her bio-data, amount of money she was carrying for her own support and sign, promising to leave Hong Kong. She had to show return ticket info and hotel reservations. I had to fill out a form claiming total responsibility for her. They asked if we were married because, had we answered in the affirmative, she would have been denied exit without a CFO sticker in her passport. They scanned all of our documents into a file and created a folder of us on their computer. After all of that, it was back to the immigration officer for the exit stamp.

Arriving Hong Kong, we approached the immigration officer together. I’m already in their system – no problems, sir. When the IO saw her blank passport, he gave us another look, only this time – sideways. “You traveling together?” “Yes, sir.” Another look at her, another look at her passport photo, another look at the computer. “How long are you here for?” “3 days, sir.” Pregnant pause – “OK.”

On the return trip, I’m filling out the PI immigration entry forms. It asks if you’re carrying more than 10,000 pesos. If the answer is, “Yes,” are you also carrying an authorization letter from the BSP giving you permission to do so? Last time I entered the county, the form only asked about more than 10,000 USD. 10,000 pesos is only a couple hundred bucks. What’s the big deal, there? I was wearing a money belt with 10K in it. Plus, I had a few thou in my pocket. She had the 20K that I forced her to carry plus a few thou of her own. We were both in violation of the immigration law. Lesson learned, there.

Re-entry into the PI was not a problem for either of us, except that we got in the line for returning citizens and I got kicked out to get in the line for returning residents/ACR card holders.

• Like 1
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• littlePP

• udonthani

• For Real

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe he isn't looking for a banquet because he already has his favorite food with him. Your question is like asking a guy why he would take his wife on vacation with him when there are already plenty

you prolly will if you spell it that way on the forms

Ian?   Is this the predatory look you are talking about?   Oh, sorry, you meant the old men with that look.   Apologies.

enoonmai
They asked if we were married because, had we answered in the affirmative, she would have been denied exit without a CFO sticker in her passport.

I didn't know a CFO sticker was required, if married, for a few days trip to HK. Just returned from there w/spouse and she didn't have it.

becbec2012

I want to take my gf to bangcock for a week will i get the same hassle ?

A_Simple_Man

Thats because there is no need to go to Hong Kong. Its more fun in Philippines. you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

All cynicism aside, hope the actual fun part of the trip went well for both of you. My partner and I are thinking of Singapore next trip. Or maybe Thailand, any other place than Hong Kong. Its great to go once but they sure seem to have a `nose in the air` attitude towards filipinas.

RogerDat

Greetings! As my rust old mind remembers it (Thailand), WHY would you take a sandwitch to a banquate???

The only thing PI girls got over Thai girls is they speak English (sometimes) better than a Thai.

Mandingo

My wife and I will be traveling to the Philippines in November and then on December 7th to December 13th traveling to Hong Kong then back to the Phil for Christmas.

She has a Philippine passport with the appropriate stamps/visa to travel as she is in the States now with me and is a permanent resident here. Any problems you see in her going to Hong Kong or anything we might want to prepare before hand?

Green card holders will have no problems going to Hong Kong for up to 14 days. Have fun and enjoy

Things have changed since me and the Mrs last visited HK...before we were married. None of the aformentioned hassle. part of the problem is with this ongoing fued between HK and the Philippines over the Cops who took a bunch of HKC hostage and killed them. This stuff about people" trafficking in Filipinas for sex slaves" promoted by the UN isn'lt helping things either.

The biggest hassel we had was her paying the fee to leave the country...it was even more than we suspected or were told...always is, fees always go up never down....

Now Singapore is more strick especially with women from Philippines and Thailand, we went after married, they gave my wife the third degree.

Lakan

• Like 1
udonthani

Not all guys go to Thailand (or the Philippines) looking for whores.

that's true. Plenty of others are desperadoes that go with the idea of turning similarly desperate, poverty-stricken internet phantoms into wives, and then turn round and try to claim some kind of moral high ground over others that think that this is a totally ludicrous idea.

littlePP

that's true. Plenty of others are desperadoes that go with the idea of turning similarly desperate, poverty-stricken internet phantoms into wives, and then turn round and try to claim some kind of moral high ground over others that think that this is a totally ludicrous idea.

What does this even mean, again?

The guy said he was bringing his girlfriend on a vacation, and was responded to, that he should leave her and bang Thai ladies instead, haha,, and Headshot said properly, he was not going there on a mongering sexpat trip.

Some dudes only have one girlfriend, and don't cheat, and some eventually even marry their girlfriends.

I know, I know, what are they thinking. Yet, it happens all the time.

• Like 2
udonthani

obviously if you are over sixty five and basically look to them like you might keel over at any minute, whilst she is in the absolute total prime of life at 22 years of age, they're going to think, hang on a minute there might be something funny going on here.

as indeed they easily might anywhere else, in any airport or customs, anywhere. Just because you've brainwashed yourself that it's normal, doesn't mean all that many other people have.

• Like 2
mabutiman

you prolly will if you spell it that way on the forms

Your "probably" is not quite right either !!!

udonthani

the sight of sixty something guys, with twenty something girls is just not normal, at least not in public. away from brothels and prostitution places.

it is not normal, anywhere in the world. Not anywhere.

it's just a national embarrassment, to the Philippines. Airports are one of the few, prestigious pieces of infrastructure that the Philippines has. There's international traffic. And yet within them, any random passing observer can see this kind of comedy, being enacted. Of course, the sixty something pervs with the twenty something girls, are just going to call them prudes, and killjoys, they 'don't understand' when what the Filipinos are actually concerned about, is the visible disgrace, for all to see, in not just the brothels, but even the international airports, of their nation.