Angie Rañen Baraquil (Angie) Passed Away

dc3driver

Sorry to hear of your loss, Art. I didn't know her, but it sounds like she was a fine person.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Art

• broden

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Angie's long battle of the big C will always be remembered in this forum. I know that it would be safe for me to say that after the news was brought to her family, this forum became her anchor. It wa

I think Nina would be around 16/17 now she was big for her age when I met her when she was 14 years. Her dad was sending child support I believe. I lost touch with Angie when I came back home and h

I think that anybody who had Angie as a Bisayan teacher will remember her as cheerful and upbeat even when she was feeling horrible. I think she touched (in a positive way) almost everybody she ever c

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

cancer is like a monster more so with some people. like my Mom it just keeps coming back till it gets you

Mom never smoked or drank or anything but she had cancer 3 times last one got her but she was strong till the end

breast ovarian and liver

littlePP

cancer is like a monster more so with some people. like my Mom it just keeps coming back till it gets you

Mom never smoked or drank or anything but she had cancer 3 times last one got her but she was strong till the end

breast ovarian and liver

Sorry to hear Broden

Cancer effects every person in some way, from self to family or close friend.

Angie sounds like a wonderful lady, and a strong person. I'm not sure how I would react if I was diagnosed (probably curl up in a ball or go on a self pity bender), but for those who are able to continue to go on with life knowing the percentages of a return, you have to shower these people with respect and awe.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i never spoke much with angie but a bit on the forum and in pm.. she was always friendly and in good spirits when we did speak

Brucewayne

Sorry to hear Broden

Cancer effects every person in some way, from self to family or close friend.

Angie sounds like a wonderful lady, and a strong person. I'm not sure how I would react if I was diagnosed (probably curl up in a ball or go on a self pity bender), but for those who are able to continue to go on with life knowing the percentages of a return, you have to shower these people with respect and awe.

I had a large Melanoma removed from my neck, still have the scar and it took 2 surgeries + a radiated patch sewn under my skin, but all is well now.

I am so thankful that it hasn't recurred in the last 19 years and don't know how I could have handled it if I would have needed chemo treatments.

As was stated, cancer has touched everyone's lives in some way and it is almost never in a good way.

• Like 1
fanboat

I didn't know her, but I am sorry for your loss.

She was so nice....always a big smile for you.enjoyed life so much,even she had the cancer to deal with.
  • Like 2

Angie was a wonderful lady, and my wife and I are really going to miss her. We met her in person a few years ago, and she visited us at our house in Cebu City and attended several of our wedding anniverary parties that we hold every July. She was a very courageous lady who never seemed to get too far down even with trials and tribulations of fighting that damn cancer. Rest In Peace, Angie. Mithzie and I will always fondly remember you as a good friend and a very special person, and we will at least take some comfort in knowing that your suffering has at last come to an end and that you are now in a better place. May God Bless You. - - - - John

• Like 1
Headshot

I went to Angie's funeral today. Angie had lost a lot of weight since I last saw her, so I would guess the cancer had progressed. I met with her daughter, and she thanked me for coming. The funeral was well-attended, but it was mostly all Filipinos. With as many foreigners as have been touched by this lady, it saddened me to be the only representative of LinC Forums there. The only other foreigners there (that I saw) were a guy I know from RAO (and his wife), but neither are members of the LinC Forums.

I went to Angie's funeral today. Angie had lost a lot of weight since I last saw her, so I would guess the cancer had progressed. I met with her daughter, and she thanked me for coming. The funeral was well-attended, but it was mostly all Filipinos. With as many foreigners as have been touched by this lady, it saddened me to be the only representative of LinC Forums there. The only other foreigners there (that I saw) were a guy I know from RAO (and his wife), but neither are members of the LinC Forums.

We would have gone if we were in the Philippines. Thank you for attending.

Angie's long battle of the big C will always be remembered in this forum. I know that it would be safe for me to say that after the news was brought to her family, this forum became her anchor. It was an effort worthy of emulation, and I salute you guys for answering to that call. I'm so saddened knowing that I never have the opportunity to meet her in person but I am consoled believing that she is now in a much better place, where pain is a stranger. Rest in peace my friend and my prayers for your daughter, Nina.

GODSPEED!!!!

Edited by Daisy
  • Like 2