Angie Rañen Baraquil (Angie) Passed Away

smokey

If i remember she was a member the women who had cancer i never meet her and am just passing on what i heard..

----------

Paul here: Sorry, Robert, for editing your post. Fanboat (Erik) asked me to post a photo of Angie that he had in the the gallery. I figured it best to be put in the first post, so here it is.

gallery_5559_225_350306.jpg

Edited by Paul
added a foto of angie - paul
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• Art

• Paul

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Angie's long battle of the big C will always be remembered in this forum. I know that it would be safe for me to say that after the news was brought to her family, this forum became her anchor. It wa

I think Nina would be around 16/17 now she was big for her age when I met her when she was 14 years. Her dad was sending child support I believe. I lost touch with Angie when I came back home and h

I think that anybody who had Angie as a Bisayan teacher will remember her as cheerful and upbeat even when she was feeling horrible. I think she touched (in a positive way) almost everybody she ever c

Posted Images

A_Simple_Man

If your info is correct then it is a sad day. A while back she was an active member on the forum and at social events, well liked by most (ex's may say otherwise). She is too young to have passed but . . . cancer claims anyone it wishes.

Her Facebook Page is saying she died a day ago (22 hours?) had an attack and went to hospital yesterday and passed away. She had a long battle with cancer. My condolences to her family. She was my Cebuano teacher I thought she was a very professional teacher. A woman larger than life. She has a teenage daughter Nina.

samatm

awe that makes me sad. thanks for sharing. I met her just once and appreciated her kind and outgoing nature. Prayers extended to her loved ones left behind.

Paul
She has a teenage daughter Nina.

I am sorry to hear of this. I knew Angie personally. I wonder what will become of Nina now? I do not know if she kept in touch with her father. But, I am pretty sure she is probably 20 or older, now?

Edited by Paul
scoander

Sad news. I'd only met her once. I mostly had contact with her here, one of my few friends. She was always helpful to me and my wife, regularly offering advice. She wasn't universally liked, that's true. She was a straight shooter. It was easy to see that she was facing her illness with strength and courage. Now, I wish I'd stayed in touch with her. My condolences to her family. God bless you, Angie!

Edited by scoander
cebubird

Can't believe this-just yesterday for some unknown reason I sat and thought about her and wondered how she was doing. Actually had planned to ask on here if anyone knew.

I always enjoyed her on the forum and it seemed like she was always willing to help. Met her several times and she was very congenial in person, and yes she appeared to fight her battle quite well.

My prayers and condolences go out to her family

SkyMan

That's too bad. Too young to go. She was my Cebuano teacher for a time along with some other members of the forum and others I know. I'll remember her always smiling.

I am sorry to hear of this. I knew Angie personally. I wonder what will become of Nina now? I do not know if she kept in touch with her father. But, I am pretty sure she is probably 20 or older, now?

I think Nina would be around 16/17 now she was big for her age when I met her when she was 14 years. Her dad was sending child support I believe. I lost touch with Angie when I came back home and have not been so healthy myself I was supposed to go back last Feb but was not well enough, Angie was looking after some things of mine. God rest her soul.

She always spoke to me in Cebuano which was annoying but that was the right way to learn by immersion and no English at all, you then need to learn not want to learn.

• Like 1
Forefall

That's really sad. I had thought about learning with her when I first got here, but never got around to it (just stuck with my wife's brutal teachings). RIP Angie

• Admin (Retired)
broden

whether it's true or not

God Bless

and if it is indeed true our sincerest condolences

MattFromGA

It is sad that she is gone. I met her several times years ago.

I too was just thinking about her and talking about her to my wife last week. I actually tried to find contact info about her on the web but it wasnt easy because I never knew her last name.

Athena

My god …………. This is quite a shock!

Thanks for posting the info Smokey. I thought she was well on recovery although she did complained of headaches.

RIP angie

Mandingo

RIP, she will be missed.

Stranded Shipscook
:rip: