Sign in to follow this  
Jeepney

Blood O Negative Needed In V Sotto

Wombat No More

Hey, don't write me off yet... The blood taking is only delayed, not cancelled, til the wankers get their act together at the hospital depts and do their necessary tests. Got nothin to do with me, just with the child, I'm waiting for the call to go in again, maybe tomorrow I'll get a call.

Paul

Hi Piet, any update for your request?

Wombat No More

Update fella's and ladies...

The folks wanting the blood donation hadn't talked to me for 2 days so I, wondering what the heck was going on, contacted them a little while ago asking if they still wanted my donation or were they still waiting for lab reports on the status of the little boy's blood etc...

This is the reply...

Yes sir we stil need ur donation n the problem is we first have to secure the stainless circular ring and it may cost 20,000 and we will go to charity foundation.

I know the little boy was up for surgery about last January so this is a long process of injury recovery for him. The rellies told me he smashed his wrists but I think they confused wrists with lower leg/s ankles coz the txt 2 days ago said it was in his lower right leg... Dr. Felix Vicuna is the surgeon and he is a fine surgeon at that, even in his 70's.

Anyway, I'll ask them to keep me updated on their efforts through charity for a surgical stainless ring. If they are successful fine, if not, perhaps a few of you folks can coordinate with me to get a few pesos to help them out? Seeya folks, Phil

• Like 1

Jeepney

Sorry,

I had no internet for the past few days,

and am busy doing loads of other things.

Phil I am going to leave this in your capable hands mate to update thanks.

Paul

Can someone let me know if the blood is still needed? Is this request still active?

Someone? Anyone?

Wombat No More

Post 18 indicates they do but, ??? I don't know what they are doing as they still have not contacted me since my last query as above... I'm not going to bother them as they said they would contact me when they need the blood...

Paul

Sorry,

I had no internet for the past few days,

and am busy doing loads of other things.

Phil I am going to leave this in your capable hands mate to update thanks.

Piet, since you were the one who originally posted this, if you would, please see if they still need blood.

Until then, I will remove the notification block from the forums portal page.

Jeepney

Still very much ongoing there,

they have the surgical ring, operation is scheduled for early next week.

Phil, I hope they text you, they do not have a lot English, but after talking to their Dr,

he said it would be good to get the blood on Monday morning.

This would be good for you to go in, and maybe also Toshi as back up, both of you can donate if you like.

Thanks guys.

Edited by Dutchpiet

Wombat No More

The boy's folks just contacted me and want to suck my ... errr, extract my blood on monday X2 bags. They have procurred the surgical steel implant ring they needed and ready to rock and roll.

How much is two bags in total? Hope that's not too much for little old me? They also need another donation so I guess I better go back here through the posts and see if the other guy is still available for monday morning 10am.

Wombat No More

"TOSHI"

I'm unable to send a PM to Toshi. I can get into his profile, write a PM, but it will not post and doesn't react when I push the post button again after it already went through the routine of apparently downloading it but didn't. So I copied and now paste the PM for Toshi here, that's all I have left

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Gidday mate. Just got a text from the young boy neeeding blood, folks, to go into Vicente de Sotto hospital 10am monday morning. They need another donation as well they are told so I guess if you are still offering you can come in also. I'll meet them at the front of the hospital outside the front door, about half way along the building under a covered walkway bit, right where there is a guard stationed. Just look for Santa Claus mate and that'll be me.

Their cell number is (had to delete this one for open forum so PM me back if you want or just see ya monday mate)

Jeepney

I had contact with Toshi,

he is away for the coming few days, but will be back in Cebu on Monday afternoon,

I have his number and will be in touch with him.

toshi

the outcome..(i made a new tread with this story...but i guess it needs to be moderated first)

So today Phil (wombat) and me went and try to give blood for some kid.

The patient is in Vicente sotto hospital.

fist we went to vicente sotto hospital,but they closed the blood bank at 10 AM???? so oke, we went to the red cross, just a few hundred meters away, but they did not take blood from patients who are not screened (please phil correct me if im wrong and misunderstand it.

also they ask me the question how long am i in the Philippines, (to donate there i need to be in the PH for more then a year acoording to the 10 nurses bored out of their head behind the counter) You could just make this up, they can't and won't check this anyway.

then we thought we go to Chong hua, we did fill in the ''take in'' form and ofter about 15 min of waiting whe were told, sorry we don't take blood for out patients...

oke, then we ask one of the nurses which hospital does, she say perpetual soccour, we ask her to call them to make sure...she called and apparently everything was oke ..

so back in the Taxi and on our way to the perpetual soccour , we did the check in, got blood pressure checked, then send to a other nurse for some questions etc, an other quick check and we could give a sample for checking..

all this took max 30 min, we where told to come back 4 hours later and if our blood tested oke we could give...

we called them 4 hr later just to make sure and our blood was good, and i went back (phil did his thing already) and i came in about 5pm and i was out 5.30.

the blood will be collected tomorrow by the kids parents and thats it..

so unless you in a private hospital, and you have donors yourself, your donors can go to the hospital and donate.

if you want to donate for a government hospital or something else, u can go to perpetual soccour, they will except any donor 24-7, and they told me they have a list of donors (but not updated lately)

anyone feel free to rewrite this in plain English and delete my scribbling...

Wombat No More

Close enough mate, good on ya...

But I'm worried and I'll check with the boys family later, Did they sell the blood to the family for a profit or just charge for the service and blood preparation? Be words an actions to follow if they sold my blood donation.

Edited by Wombat No More

toshi

As far I know the girl with us was a cousin of the boy, ( my wife has been talking with her quit a bit) the old girl was the Lola ..

It is my understanding (from talking with the girl drawing my blood) that tomorrow morning someone from the family will collect the blood and bring to Vincent soto.

The girl whom was with us actualy asked me if i like shooting, as her husband seems to be into that,,,and kinda told me i could come and shoot with him)..hope he dous not shoot me..as my blood is pretty rare .......

BUT it would be good to follow up...(it cost about 4-5000 peso per unit of blood to be paid to the hospital )

Edited by toshi