Sign in to follow this  
Jeepney

Blood O Negative Needed In V Sotto

Jeepney

Same kid is back in V Sotto: http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/46110-blood-o-negative-needed-vincente-sotto-hospital/

He has a infection and is in need of surgery again,

Details: Vincente Sotto Hospital near Fuente,

Ward 8, name patient: Denmark Hinay, bed X13

Please help if you can, Barryio helped last time, is he still in Cebu?

• Like 1

toshi

il be back in Cebu saturday,... remind me then, if u still need, il come give some

Wombat No More

I've tried to give I think, 3 times in the last 12 months... As soon as I say I had cancer surgery last year, they say my blood is disqualified or such, even though blood tests show I'm completely clear of any antigens at all. Buggered if I can work that one out, so, I have stopped offering.

Paul

What would cancer surgery last year have anything to do with it? Are you cancer free?

SkyMan

What would cancer surgery last year have anything to do with it? Are you cancer free?

They will make up any excuse they can to DQ a free donor so the patient needs to pay for their blood at p5K+ per unit.

Wombat No More

Absolutely! three blood tests since the surgery to remove the effected organ (where the cancer had remained within and not escaped) have each shown .002 level of antigen, which is seen as completely free of cancer. The level would need to be 10X higher to warrant them even thinking about it again.

So saying, I have been knocked back 3 times when offering to come in and give for free and each time because I am disqualified from donating they say. If anyone can actually tell me why out there, I'd like to know? I'm in the lifelong habit of assisting folks when they need it and it upsets me to be rejected like this when I can help.

Paul

Next time, maybe just do not tell them? I don't know, really.

Wombat No More

Just pulled this off the net, shoulda looked before hey...

SEEMS I'M ELIGIBLE AGAIN, SO HERE I IS, JUST ASK ME IF YOU STILL REQUIRE.

Just sent a txt to the listed number...

* Please Note: * This list of Blood Donor Requirements is not complete.

Medical professionals are available at each of our Community Blood

Centers and bloodmobiles who will discuss and evaluate each donor's

health history and activities in a confidential setting prior to blood

donation. The final determination of eligibility is made at that time.

Certain donor eligibility criteria are specified by the Food and Drug

Administration, State of California and the American Association of

Blood Banks.

The remaining criteria is determined by the Medical Director of the

Blood Bank and may differ among the types of donations and with

the criteria from other blood centers. Donor eligibility criteria

is intended to protect the health and safety of the donor and the

patient who will receive the transfusion.

Donor Eligibility: Specific Information at the Blood Bank

Medical Conditions

|| Allergies - if no infection present

|| Arthritis - if no redness, pain or swelling

|| Asthma - if no symptoms

|| Blood disorder or bleeding tendencies - cannot donate

|| Brain or spinal surgery with dura mater transplant - cannot donate

|| CJD - any relative - cannot donate

|| Cancer:

+ Basal cell, squamous cell skin cancer - can donate after removal

+ Melanoma - 1 year wait after last treatment

+ Breast, lung, prostate, colon bladder - 1 year wait after last

treatment

+ Blood related cancers (Lymphoma, Leukemia, Myeloma) - permanent

deferal

|| (more I'm not including)

|| Surgery - can donate after healed and released by surgeon

|| Body/ear piercing - 1 year wait

|| Acupuncture - can donate if single-use needle used - otherwise, 1 year

|| Dental work

+ Routine cleaning, filling - 1 day wait

+ Root canal or tooth extraction - 3 day wait

|| Tattoo - can donate after 1 year

Much more, including medications used, immunization, travel to foreign

countries.

Edited by Wombat No More

shadow

They will make up any excuse they can to DQ a free donor so the patient needs to pay for their blood at p5K+ per unit.

There was a foreigner who bled to death internally in Silliman Hospital last year while a friend with the correct blood type stood by watching helpless. They would not accept his blood because he had not been in the country for 6 months.

Much better to let them die of blood loss than give them blood that MIGHT be contaminated by being overseas.

Larry in Dumaguete

Wombat No More

Round two today on a blood donation for young Denmark...

Contacted his family on the supplied number and taxied in to the hospital. Fare there and back was P540 but I was shouldering that anyway. Told em I would be ready to leave at 3pm. They told me at 2.25 that the section taking the blood would close at 4pm! Jumped in the taxi at 2.44, arrived at 3.25. Not bad with traffic. I arranged to meet them at the front entrance and as they didn't know me, I said "just look for Santa Clause, that's me". No problem finding me.

Well, "welcome to the Philippines" all over again coz they told me that the blood taking section had a half day and was closed... Been here 9 years and well know what happens, so one doesn't get too annoyed and shrugs the shoulders...

Anyway, turns out they live not far away on Lapu Lapu so I'm just waiting now, for them to pick me up at 9.30 and start over... He's only a young fella, the recipient, so maybe I'll find one of my kids old books and put on the Santa "ho ho ho" act and give him the book. See all you wankers later... from wanker 1.

• Like 1

Wombat No More

Well shit... just got a text saying that the taking of my blood is off coz the doctor just told them "going to comply all the medical lab first before securing the blood".

So, I don't understand coz they can store the blood at least 30 days so what's the big deal in delaying the donation. Sounds like a case of the medical left hands, having no idea what the right hands are doing... Lucky I didn't agree to go in at 8am with the family but 9.30, which was my time. Would have been another wasted trip. Ah well, this is the Philippines after all and things only go smoothly on the odd occasions...

Ken Oath

I would love to have donated for the young bloke, but i'm currently out of the country.

I tried to give blood in Oz in the past and they wouldn't accept me because I was a frequent traveler to malaria countries, i guess they won't knock me back in Cebu.

Jeepney

il be back in Cebu saturday,... remind me then, if u still need, il come give some

Thanx Toshi,

I will inquire about the position tomorrow.

Piet

Jeepney

Thanks for trying Phil,

when i am in vsotto I will follow this up.

livinglife007

It's so sad , you try to help and people put up so many road blocks and do not care to provide a good result. Thanks to people like Phil and his persistence I hope our young little buddy will be helped.