Just An Observation(Of Interest To Americans)

USMC-Retired

He is an american citizen that is who he is to state that and he has the right to say or protest what he wants. To quote Abraham Lincoln

"To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men."

Thus he should no matter a view should state what he feels. Either we agree or disagree.

Edited by Norseman
  • Like 4
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• tom_shor

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, that he actually wanted to visit to bring comfort and not for some cynical political advantage? The timing would not have been in his hands would it? That

you'd think he was a piss poor, totally incompetent incumbent President if he DIDN'T visit a swing state in election year. There are numerous foreign countries in the world that the President has not

Breath of fresh air??? Not quite sure what's fresh about taking the out of control spending habits from the previous admin and increasing them expodentially. Yes, the rich need to pay their fair share

Sonny

I did not ask if you had the right to do so. I asked who the hell you think you are to say that about him?

I would opine that he is a shrewd observer of the facts.

• Like 3
Sonny

Doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, that he actually wanted to visit to bring comfort and not for some cynical political advantage? The timing would not have been in his hands would it? That would depend on the advice he would be given. I am not American and cannot understand the naked hatred offered up by the right in the USA to a man who, from another perspective, seems to be trying to make some well needed changes. After the last one Obama seems like a breath of fresh air. I am subscribed to the Tea Party and receive regular updates on their agenda and programme. What garbage this is. Some of what they stand for is beyond belief. If I may, as an interested observe,r give my take. In my opinion no progress is going to happen unless and until the USA accepts two things. Firstly that a balanced budget is essential, as it is everywhere, and secondly that this must be done not just by cutting programmes, but through raising taxes as well. And the ONLY group where raising tax will make a difference is from the middle classes. All the time that the latter is resisted the country will stagnate. Someone, sometime has got to be brave enough to do it, or a long slow slide is inevitable. The problem is that your system makes such an unpopular, but nevertheless essential, change almost impossible to achieve. I am really worried for you, and as a consequence for everyone else too.

If it were possible to curb the outrageous runaway spending of the liberal left, there would be no need for our excessive taxation. Both sides share responsibility for our tax burden, but the Democrats are by far the greatest offenders. BTW, I am happy to learn that you are not American. We have more than enough of your ilk on our voting rolls. I observe in the news on a regular basis the results of your philosophy in Europe. How's that working out for you?

• Like 1
thebob
I observe in the news on a regular basis the results of your philosophy in Europe. How's that working out for you?

Really well thank you. We haven't had any world wars recently, and enjoy a high GDP per capita. In fact 15 of the top 20 countries with the highest nominal GDP per capita are in Europe.

We have excellent standards of education and health care. As a truly multiethnic and multicultural bloc Europe is a dynamic region with an excellent standard of living.

• Like 1
USCebuana

The right leaning people always say that liberals are responsible for runaway spending. How so? Is defense spending less than spending on social services? Are they willing to give up their social security, medicare, military health care, etc.? People always complain about programs but given the opportunity they will take what they can get. I am independent by the way and I think both parties are working for the lobbyists. In defense of Obama at least he can pronounce nuclear.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

The right leaning people always say that liberals are responsible for runaway spending. How so? Is defense spending less than spending on social services? Are they willing to give up their social security, medicare, military health care, etc.? People always complain about programs but given the opportunity they will take what they can get. I am independent by the way and I think both parties are working for the lobbyists. In defense of Obama at least he can pronounce nuclear.

both sides blame the other side

nothing new there..

and there are enough presidential gaffs from all presidents .. especially in this day and age of constant video

that for every one anyone can come up with for their least favorite others can easily match

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

by the way just a fair warning.. as the election in the states gets closer. and people get more heated.

expect more threads to be shut down

even though we are very lenient at times

but i would suggest to everyone if you want to discuss such topics the more you keep your cool and remain in control of your own words the better chance of survival your threads have

unless of course you want to contact thebob and see if there's any room at the table in his kitchen

• Like 2
thebob
unless of course you want to contact thebob and see if there's any room at the table in his kitchen

Don't forget to bring your guns!

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

i always make sure to keep a few in a box by the door incase someone forgets theirs

• Like 2
udonthani

Romney ain't gonna win. He's just not good enough. As bad as Obama is, Romney is even worse.

• Like 1
Mr. Mike

Romney ain't gonna win. He's just not good enough. As bad as Obama is, Romney is even worse.

Why do you say that my friend? Why is he "worse"?
Paul
I did not ask if you had the right to do so. I asked who the hell you think you are to say that about him?

As Mike stated, my friend, I am an American citizen, in possession of a valid US passport, a certified US birth certificate, and having been born on American soil. That is who I am. And, just for the record, so everyone knows my view of him: Obama can kiss my right wing, conservative, pro gun ass - the worthless beaver..

by the way just a fair warning.. as the election in the states gets closer. and people get more heated.

expect more threads to be shut down

even though we are very lenient at times

Too lenient, too often.

And knives, hand grenades, rocket launchers, claymore mines, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 1
scoander

The second amendment gives me the right to do so.

I believe it's the First Amendment that protects speech. The Second Amendment is about the right to bear arms.

Edited by scoander
  • Like 2
udonthani

from my point of observation, it will be very difficult for Obama to lose this election. He's got most of the good cards that will win it for him, his best card is that he's been campaigning for it, from the first day of the presidency back in 2009. Obama has been campaigning for years. Romney, only months.

• Like 1
HeyMike

Someone mentioned in a post that we elect representatives to have a brain and think for themselves in the way they vote in congress. I do not agree with that. Look at the root word: represent. These representatives are there to represent the people who voted and put them in office. Not to say one thing and then do another once in D.C. Last mid-term election the people finally had enough of these free thinking reprersentatives and threw a whole bunch out. It's about time our representatives start listening to the people.

Power to the media ...um... people.

• Like 2