Just An Observation(Of Interest To Americans)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• tom_shor

• broden

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, that he actually wanted to visit to bring comfort and not for some cynical political advantage? The timing would not have been in his hands would it? That

you'd think he was a piss poor, totally incompetent incumbent President if he DIDN'T visit a swing state in election year. There are numerous foreign countries in the world that the President has not

Breath of fresh air??? Not quite sure what's fresh about taking the out of control spending habits from the previous admin and increasing them expodentially. Yes, the rich need to pay their fair share

Mr. Mike

funeral for the crew of the CSA Hunley submarine 2004

ArieBombarie

Personally I don't see the need for a President to visit the scene of a crime. What exactly is he supposed to do there?

I can understand that it is a good photo op, but surely it is just a waste of his time.

As for the amount of fund raises he has attended, it appears to be important in American politics to have a large campaign fund.

I think campaign funds should be abolished, and every candidate should be forced to live in a tent and travel by bicycle.

when there is a national trauma/disaster it is common decency for the head of state to show up, in the US case that is the President in the Dutch case the Queen

the fundraising system in the US always seemed weird to me, politicians that get to power with such considerable help of parties with their own intentions seem compromised from the start

Brucewayne

when there is a national trauma/disaster it is common decency for the head of state to show up, in the US case that is the President in the Dutch case the Queen

the fundraising system in the US always seemed weird to me, politicians that get to power with such considerable help of parties with their own intentions seem compromised from the start

Hmmmm, we had plenty if disasters while Obama was president, but he only shows up right before elections?

tom_shor

Representation?

We have little say in what is done by our "representatives".

Getting out what we pay in is okay, but we are getting more than we bargained for.

Most of our politicos seem to forget that they work for us and concentrate more on taking as many dollars for themselves as they can.

Did we have any say in the wars and manipulations our government have conducted over the last 50 years or so?

Not much if any of our wants have been carried out and one can see that in history beginning with the protests over the Vietnam Police action, possibly the Korean war, but I wasn't old enough to know for sure on that one.

Well for that we have no one but ourselves to blame. The price of liberty is eternal vigilance. When voters are willing to put their government on autopilot rather than take action when their representitives don't act in their best interests they get out what they put in.

• Like 2