Just An Observation(Of Interest To Americans)

cebubird

Regarding Obama QUICK visit to Colorado. Seems like I remember some time elapsed after the muslim terrorist major murdering the soldiers at Ft. Hood, before this president showed up to "comfort" the families publicly.--Matter of fact president Bush and wife showed up privately before it ever occurred to current president.

Wonder if it's just coincidence that the election is less than 4 months away and Colorado is considered a "toss-up" state, that he decided to zoom out to Colorado real quick to "comfort".

Making no judgements-just wondering.

• Like 2
  • Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mr. Mike

• Brucewayne

• tom_shor

• KID

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, that he actually wanted to visit to bring comfort and not for some cynical political advantage? The timing would not have been in his hands would it? That

you'd think he was a piss poor, totally incompetent incumbent President if he DIDN'T visit a swing state in election year. There are numerous foreign countries in the world that the President has not

Breath of fresh air??? Not quite sure what's fresh about taking the out of control spending habits from the previous admin and increasing them expodentially. Yes, the rich need to pay their fair share

udonthani

you'd think he was a piss poor, totally incompetent incumbent President if he DIDN'T visit a swing state in election year. There are numerous foreign countries in the world that the President has not visited, as President. To put it bluntly, as President he's a pretty busy man, can't please everybody, and can't be in two places at once.

• Like 6
AlooGobi

Im sure there is prolly plenty blaming him for the shooting

• Like 4
Paul

Bill, you recon?

Hell yes, he is trying to look like the good guy, when he really is a piece of shit and will be out of the White House after the upcoming election.

The stupid bastard is coming to Cambodia, sometime in October, I believe. I will be surprised if the Secret Service doesn't come to have a talk with me, prior to his arrival.

What a piece of work O-bummer is.

• Like 5
udonthani

he can't be coming to Cambodia in October, just a matter of a couple of weeks prior to the election. Presidential candidates, even incumbents, almost never leave the country in the gap between Labor Day and the poll first Tuesday in November, which is the campaign period proper.

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

I do not like him but I can not make this tragedy political. Obama did what he thought was best. He did what he thinks he should do. I can not make any bearing on past actions to those of today.

Edited by Norseman
  • Like 2

Obama is was just doing what a President should do, show that he cares for the people especially on a national issue such as this. I don't see how it was any more political than that.

I saw this picture and it saddens me that there is still so much stereotyping going on in the nation.

425071_394693443931969_891503023_n.jpg

Doesn't anyone think that maybe, just maybe, that he actually wanted to visit to bring comfort and not for some cynical political advantage? The timing would not have been in his hands would it? That would depend on the advice he would be given. I am not American and cannot understand the naked hatred offered up by the right in the USA to a man who, from another perspective, seems to be trying to make some well needed changes. After the last one Obama seems like a breath of fresh air. I am subscribed to the Tea Party and receive regular updates on their agenda and programme. What garbage this is. Some of what they stand for is beyond belief. If I may, as an interested observe,r give my take. In my opinion no progress is going to happen unless and until the USA accepts two things. Firstly that a balanced budget is essential, as it is everywhere, and secondly that this must be done not just by cutting programmes, but through raising taxes as well. And the ONLY group where raising tax will make a difference is from the middle classes. All the time that the latter is resisted the country will stagnate. Someone, sometime has got to be brave enough to do it, or a long slow slide is inevitable. The problem is that your system makes such an unpopular, but nevertheless essential, change almost impossible to achieve. I am really worried for you, and as a consequence for everyone else too.

• Like 9
Majorsco

Going to Colorado is what he should be doing as President, not just because it is a swing state in an election year. Regarding his very late observance of Fort Hood, you have to understand that categorically Democrats are against the military and try to down size and only use them in war while Republicans see the value of the military as a foreign policy tool, not just for fighting wars. Think about it, Carter, Clinton and Obama have been trying to reduce the military and make it ineffective. Reagan, Bush 41 & 43 all enhanced the military. In the last 50 years, only one Democrat built up the military and that was Johnson in the Viet Nam war, and we know how that went (him running the war from the oval office personally).

InternetTough

Obama is was just doing what a President should do, show that he cares for the people especially on a national issue such as this. I don't see how it was any more political than that.

I saw this picture and it saddens me that there is still so much stereotyping going on in the nation.

He's a psycho killer. Actually, there are more white serial killers proportionately than black serial killers. I guess his category is next door to serial killer. I don't think he has a shred of reputation left in any sane person's mind---his "shocked parents" were reported as "fully cooperating with police". I don't think that even his parents are on his side any more. I don't see him as receiving a racial advantage. Yes, if he were an Arab, he'd be investigated for connection to a terrorist group---but that would be only rational. I want the police to pursue rational guesses. Since they have to make a case that would stand up in court, I don't see any problem with the police being more willing to investigate the terrorist angle on the basis of ethnic/national background. It is when convictions in court are handed out on that basis that that produces injustice. It would be an injustice to taxpayers to forbid allocating police investigative resources on the basis of a rough guess of the probabilities.

In short, I am white, and I wouldn't object to the police as counting me as a somewhat more suspicious individual in cases involving serial killers than blacks---that is what the police learn in their criminology classes!

As for Mr. Psycho Killer---it is an easy case to judge---maximum punishment.

Edited by InternetTough
To put it bluntly, as President he's a pretty busy man, can't please everybody, and can't be in two places at once.

Oh so true. Obummer was recently ask why, in the past 6 months, he's not met even once with HIS appointed jobs council and that very reason was sighted. Too busy. He's attended 106 fund raisers in the same time frame.

Edited by Bastos
  • Like 2
thebob

Personally I don't see the need for a President to visit the scene of a crime. What exactly is he supposed to do there?

I can understand that it is a good photo op, but surely it is just a waste of his time.

As for the amount of fund raises he has attended, it appears to be important in American politics to have a large campaign fund.

I think campaign funds should be abolished, and every candidate should be forced to live in a tent and travel by bicycle.

• Like 3
InternetTough

Oh so true. Obummer was recently ask why, in the past 6 months, he's not met even once with HIS appointed jobs council and that very reason was sighted. Too busy. He's attended 106 fund raisers in the same time frame.

What else could be expected? Obama barely set foot in the Senate before he started running for

President in the 2008 election. When he was running for the Senate do you think he told voters that the Senate was not his main goal?

Edited by InternetTough
Justin Kredible

A good number of Arabs that engage in mass murder attacks on civilian targets are terrorists.

A good number of blacks who murder innocent bystanders in shootings are thugs.

A good number of white males who murder innocents in mass or serial attacks are mentally ill (personality disorder, actually).

Us white folks not only have the highest suicide rates, we all have the highest mass/serial murder rate.

Stereotyping based on racial mores is irrational. Acknowledging the racial/ethnic trends as noted above is perfectly rational. Not very pretty - but rational.

• Like 1