Sign in to follow this  
Slayer

What Is Best Sub-Floor Material To Use Upstairs?

RogerDat

Greetings! I first thought that you were crazy about the hardieflex for flooring, but I have learned that hardeflex has an item called hardie floor. My supplier when pressed, admited that there is such a product, but not in use in Cebu area, only Luzon. Please tell me more about this item, and where did you get it? Also, why do you not like a wood finish flooring, it is not attacked by bugs like sub flooring, it is so much more comfortable to walk, and sit on.

Thanks.

Edited by RogerDat

Cuda

I agree completely with you on the silicone. That's why I said our subflooring will be screwed and glued. Either silicone adhesive or a good quality construction adhesive (that will stick to both the steel trusses and the hardiflex sheets) will work. Then, using lots of self-drilling / self-tapping screws to screw down the hardiflex to the floor trusses. We will also use the glued and screwed method to attach the second layer of hardiflex subflooring. There should be absolutely no flex in my floors when I am done. Subflooring that flexes is not a friend of ceramic tile flooring, so it is important to prevent it.

Only thing mention above what will work is the strips of bitumen between steel trusses and flooring. I have a doubts about hardiflex use for this purpose though. Only the first layer is attached to the trusses, the second layer is attached to the first one.

Edited by Cuda

Headshot

Greetings! I first thought that you were crazy about the hardieflex for flooring, but I have learned that hardeflex has an item called hardie floor. My supplier when pressed, admited that there is such a product, but not in use in Cebu area, only Luzon. Please tell me more about this item, and where did you get it? Also, why do you not like a wood finish flooring, it is not attacked by bugs like sub flooring, it is so much more comfortable to walk, and sit on.

Thanks.

When we get to that point on construction, my contractor (who has already done a few jobs for me) will order the materials for me. He has ordered several things from his suppliers in Manila, so that isn't anything out of the ordinary.

On the wood flooring, a friend of mine got termites in his home, and they not only ate the floor joists and sub-flooring under his second floor, they also ate the wood flooring. His wife went right through the floor, but luckily caught herself with her arms before she fell all the way through to the first floor. The termites here will eat ANYTHING that even resembles wood. I use wood doors, door frames, casings and moldings. Other than that, there is no wood in the structure of my house. Besides, I like the feel of ceramic tile or marble under my feet. It is cool in a warm climate. It's also very easy to maintain. I guess that is just a matter of taste.

Edited by Headshot