Bi Imposes Return Ticket Requirement

Cipro

I just renewed today, July 25th 2012, and was not required to have an onward ticket.

• Like 1
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Skywalker

• KennyF

• MattFromGA

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am back from BoI Mandaue with my latest extension.   As usual filled out TOURIST EXTENSION FORM BI FORM: MCL - 07 - 02 and the only mention of a flight on this form is the flight number and

pal airlines in lax asked me for proof and i showed them the printed out ticket for tiger airways and he took it and was gone for 5 minutes and came back and said its all good,Where did the ticket age

Matt, you and I been here long enough to know that any law is a mere suggestion, subject to being rewritten by any petty official until it says what he wants it to. I posted that article in the vain h

Posted Images

KennyF
read names off of gravestones

Good luck with that, it's been underwater nearly 150 years.

This is what's left looks like.

And as you can see, not so clear.

post-4822-0-01261100-1343210800_thumb.jpg

KonGC

WONINTWO

Good luck with that, it's been underwater nearly 150 years.

This is what's left looks like.

And as you can see, not so clear.

post-4822-0-01261100-1343210800_thumb.jpg

KonGC

OK, scratch the under-water reading lesson.Did you take the pictures(very,very cool!)?That would answer my question.

KennyF

No I didn't, but I've spoken to people who say it's more interesting to look at from land at sunup/down than it is in the sea.

I've seen it dozens of times taking visitors there, and to be truthful, it's a stretch to call it a tourist attraction.

KonGC

SkyMan
Whatever the case,it is just another example of the lopsided way foreigners are treated here/there/in the region.The citizens of all of these countries can buy land in my country though.The shit ain't right.
I really can't see the logic in that argument. Our country is stupid so yours should be too?
CebuKano

BI Imposes Return Ticket Requirement

By JUN RAMIREZ

July 22, 2012, 8:49pm

MANILA, Philippines — The Bureau of Immigration (BI) on Sunday said it will slap fines on airlines bringing foreign tourists to the country without return tickets.

Immigration Commissioner Ricardo David Jr. instructed the BI airport operations division to impose fine on any airline which allows a foreign visitor to board its aircraft without a return ticket before flying to the Philippines .

He said the requirement on return tickets for tourists is an international rule that is practice worldwide.

"This rule is meant to guarantee that a foreign visitor will leave the host country at the lapse of his stay," the BI chief said.

David stressed that it should be the responsibility of the airlines to see to it that all their passengers who are traveling as tourists have procured the necessary return tickets.

He said those who do not have return tickets will be excluded and sent back to their port of origin.

Lawyer Ma. Antonette Mangrobang, BI spokesperson and intelligence chief, explained that under the immigration law aliens who arrived as tourists but do not have valid return or onward tickets shall be automatically excluded.

Mangrobang, however, stressed that balikbayans, who are also considered tourists but are admitted for one year, are exempted from the rule as a courtesy of being former Filipinos.

She stressed that although the exclusions have inconvenienced the excluded passengers, the bureau has no choice but to implement the law.

http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/366978/bi-imposes-return-ticket-requirement :link: While enforcement of this has been spotty in the past, it looks as if it will be standardized and more rigidly enforced. Please note the exemption for balikbayans.

This guy fell through the BI's cracks then:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/metro-manila/07/24/12/ex-hollywood-stuntman-stranded-naia-complex

Brucewayne

Thailand requires onward ticket to enter the country

Thailand is infested with AIDS, I wouldn't stop there, I would just continue on with the onward ticket.

Skywalker

Thailand is infested with AIDS, I wouldn't stop there, I would just continue on with the onward ticket.

Well, now there's a bloody stupid comment. Do you share and teach your kids this kind of ignorance Bruce?

Edited by Skywalker
  • Like 1
udonthani

yeah he really hasn't got a clue, has he. Thailand's response to AIDS was a total showpiece to the developing world. They realised they had a problem very early on, in the 1980s and unlike the Philippines, which doesn't even test pregnant women as a matter of routine, they actually did something about it and launched hugely expensive public health campaigns that not only served to check the spread of HIV infection and stopped it from spiralling out of control, which it might easily have done otherwise, but also served to get the birth rate down to the point where Thai women now only have the same number of children as European women do, and much less than women in the United States. Thailand's prevalence of AIDS is high but at least the figures are going to be more accurate compared to the Philippines, where the rate of infection is supposed to be 0.1%. If you believe that, you'll believe anything. It's much higher than that.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Well, now there's a bloody stupid comment. Do you share and teach your kids this kind of ignorance Bruce?

In view of the news coming from and about there, how is it a stupid comment?

http://ph.news.yahoo.com/sex-drugs-stigma-put-thai-transsexuals-hiv-risk-042833946.html

This offers the brightest picture of Thailand AIDS and there are more news feeds from elsewhere which show it to be even worse than this.

KennyF

Thailand requires onward ticket to enter the country

I've entered Thailand from Oz three times, Malaysia at least six times and RP twice.

All on one way tickets.

Never yet had or been asked for an onward ticket.

KonGC

• Like 1
Davaoeno

I assume from your fear Bruce that you have a lot of sex with transgendered men ???

Brucewayne

I assume from your fear Bruce that you have a lot of sex with transgendered men ???

Accusations are uncalled for, but for your benefit, I will try to explain my train of thought.

Transgendered men as you call them do have sex with women as well.

Thailand is known as a location that attracts sex tourists and if one bi-sexual male has sex with a woman, infecting her with AIDS and she has sex with a straight man, the pandemic is inevitable.

I don't have sex with anyone but my wife and have no interest in going anywhere that is advertised as a sex capitol.

As far as what I teach my children, that is my business but my youngest daughter is too young for sex ed at this point and I will get to that as soon as necessary.

Name calling and emotions do not make one sound one bit intelligent, so you children need to read a little or go back to the playground until you leran to behave like adults.

Thank you and have a nice day.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

you all got your shots in back and forth so how's about we let it go now.

enough ruckus going on lately as it is

• Like 2
KennyF

I lived in Pattaya in those AIDs days of the 80s.

I also new a few guys who ran gay bars so was kept well up on the whole AIDs thing.

The biggest problem for us straight guys was that many of the younger boys who worked in these gay bars were not gay.

They were just willing to take it up the Khyber to earn good money.

These same boys often had a girlfriend or wife who was often working in a regular bar.

I think you get the picture.

KonGC

• Like 1