Bi Imposes Return Ticket Requirement

WONINTWO
and foreigner friendly, visa

The Philippines seems to be anything but foreigner friendly.Which is pretty numb-in-the-skull of them.A country that wants more people coming to it creates more hassles for the people,lol.I am seriously considering Cambodia,although the land issues are the same (no foreigners can own),it seems as though it is a very much laid-back type of place,one yr. visas and from what I have heard,THE BEACHES DO NOT HAVE GARBAGE ALL OVER THEM.is that true?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Skywalker

• KennyF

• MattFromGA

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, I am back from BoI Mandaue with my latest extension.   As usual filled out TOURIST EXTENSION FORM BI FORM: MCL - 07 - 02 and the only mention of a flight on this form is the flight number and

pal airlines in lax asked me for proof and i showed them the printed out ticket for tiger airways and he took it and was gone for 5 minutes and came back and said its all good,Where did the ticket age

Matt, you and I been here long enough to know that any law is a mere suggestion, subject to being rewritten by any petty official until it says what he wants it to. I posted that article in the vain h

Posted Images

Went to immigration today to extend my initial 21 days. Did NOT ask for an outgoing ticket (although I still have one for October to HK)

Apart from taking 'effing hours just to press a stamp on a piece of paper (and taking their lunch break at 11.30 when they said 12 to 1pm) there were no issues.

KennyF
THE BEACHES DO NOT HAVE GARBAGE ALL OVER THEM.is that true?

True.

KonGC

Skywalker
I am seriously considering Cambodia,although the land issues are the same (no foreigners can own)

Perhaps you can name a Country in South East Asia where a foreigner CAN own land?

Skywalker

True.

KonGC

Go to Phnom Penh, riverside frontage area, look in the water and on the bank. More rubbish than you could shake a stick at. Streets are the same. Countryside is also pretty grim in places. I have been to Cambodia many many times. It is no different from any of the other Countries in the vicinity, poor uneducated people who think rubbish is someone else's problem.

Perhaps when you travel, you should open your eyes a bit more.

greatplace

Perhaps you can name a Country in South East Asia where a foreigner CAN own land?

Condos in Hong Kong

Foreigners can generally buy properties such as apartments and condominiums in Hong Kong and rent them out without restriction. However, residents of some countries – including mainland China – cannot buy real estate in Hong Kong. Prices range considerably and a luxury flat in Hong Kong currently hold the record for the world’s most expensive. The flat is located in a complex called The Arch, in Hong Kong’s Kowloon area. At a total of 5, 497 square feet, the apartment has views of Victoria Harbour, a private swimming pool and a rooftop terrace. The 80th floor penthouse reportedly sold for $28.8 million or $41,000 per square foot. More on buying condos in Hong Kong.

Houses and land in Hong Kong

Buying land in Hong Kong is a more difficult feat than purchasing condominiums or apartments. Firstly, the government owns nearly all of the land and can at its whim release parcels of that land for sale, thereby affecting the market directly. Land cannot be purchased freehold, but rather on a renewable leasehold basis. Land leases are presently being granted for 50 years, though in the past they have been issued for 75, 99, or 999 years. More on buying houses and land in Hong Kong.

KennyF

Go to Phnom Penh, riverside frontage area, look in the water and on the bank. More rubbish than you could shake a stick at. Streets are the same. Countryside is also pretty grim in places. I have been to Cambodia many many times. It is no different from any of the other Countries in the vicinity, poor uneducated people who think rubbish is someone else's problem.

Perhaps when you travel, you should open your eyes a bit more.

I've just left there and what you maintain is completely wrong (unless you were there 10 years ago).

The whole boulevard along Sisowath Quay is as clean as a whistle both land and water.

Furthermore, the poster asked about beaches, not down town river banks.

Cambodian beaches are cleaner than you would find most other places.

So thanks for your input, but I guess you glass half empty guys see the world differently.

KonGC

• Like 1
Skywalker

I was last there in 2009, and it was pretty disgusting then, both riverbank and local streets. At that time the Japanese were constructing the river flood defence installation.

If they have cleaned up the whole riverfront area, as you say, then I am more than happy to hear it, and I shall visit early next year.

I am certainly not a 'glass half empty guy' I travel extensively and always look at the local conditions with regard to rubbish, especially on beaches and in tourist areas. I was in Malapascua earlier this month, and while the beaches were pretty clean, the green areas off the sand were just plastered with trash, and the reefs that I snorkelled were also a disgrace in places, in one hour I counted 5 diapers - which as you may know are not biodegradable, and any number of water bottles and plastic bags.

I am afraid that making a comment on white sand, is 50% of the story. However I am more than happy to hear, from you, that the beaches are clean. I will see for myself next year.

Skywalker
Land cannot be purchased freehold, but rather on a renewable leasehold basis.

So as far as Hong Kong is concerned a foreigner cannot own land. I am not quite sure why you made this reply, since you have demonstrated land ownership Laws similar to most other South East Asian Countries. Have I missed something?

I have had a few Issues with not having a print out and instead showing the confirmation email on my ipad, or the PDF in goodreader, or the itinerary in TripIt Free or a combination of these.

I cannot understand why some check-in people are so anal retentive about seeing an actual print out, it is not like they are keeping the bloody paper. It is just not that easy to get print outs when travelling, and I never use internet cafes except to print, and they charge rip-off prices like 20 pesos a page.

Even when I am flying cebu return, they can't see it in their system and just waste my time.

udonthani

The Philippines seems to be anything but foreigner friendly.Which is pretty numb-in-the-skull of them.A country that wants more people coming to it creates more hassles for the people,lol.I am seriously considering Cambodia,although the land issues are the same (no foreigners can own),it seems as though it is a very much laid-back type of place,one yr. visas and from what I have heard,THE BEACHES DO NOT HAVE GARBAGE ALL OVER THEM.is that true?

Cambodian beaches are pretty poor really, they only have a small coastline whereas the Philippines has one of the larger coastlines in the world. Their offshore islands are also, unlike Thailand and the Philippines, very few - remember it is a tiny country by comparison, almost landlocked really.. I used to go to Cambodia from Thailand all the time. But I didn't go to Cambodia for any beaches. If I was that hung up on beaches, I wouldn't have gone to Cambodia at all, and just stayed in Thailand where like the Philippines, the beaches and coastline is better.

udonthani

Malaysia.

• Like 1
Skywalker

The 'My second home' program. Fair enough, although there are many financial hoops to jump through.

WONINTWO
name a Country in South East Asia

No,I can not say I can, but neither did I inquire about all of them...and I have no plans to do so.

Whatever the case,it is just another example of the lopsided way foreigners are treated here/there/in the region.The citizens of all of these countries can buy land in my country though.The shit ain't right.

We have gone down this path w/the hospital thread so I will pass on any further discussion of the prejudicial treatment we all may encounter here from time to time.I do not need a headache.I simply asked a question here.

• Like 1
WONINTWO
is better.

ever scuba dive at the sunken cemetary? When I was there I was informed that I could not do it,but there did not seem to be too many people there that could have stopped me really.I mean, no one was anywhere near the area!Early (5AM) on a weekday.You could go diving and read names off of gravestones while doing it.Where else could you do that?