Urijah Faber / Renan Barão - #149 Sunday

Beserker101

Beserker101

UFC #149 will be televised in Cebu on the Balls Network this Sunday morning @ 10:30am (07/22) ,

... all prelims can be seen free on Facebook -

The UFC 149 fight card will be headlined by an interim bantamweight title fight between Urijah Faber and Renan Barao on Saturday, July 21 at the Scotiabank Saddledome in Calgary, Canada . Faber has won three of his past four UFC fights, while Barao is 28-0-1 in his last 29 fights. In the co-main event, Hector Lombard will make his UFC debut and face Tim Boetsch in a key middleweight clash .

Main Card (PPV at 10 p.m. ET)

Urijah Faber vs. Renan Barao

Hector Lombard vs. Tim Boetsch

Cheick Kongo vs. Shawn Jordan

Brian Ebersole vs. James Head

Chris Clements vs. Matt Riddle

Undercard (FX at 8 p.m. ET)

Court McGee vs. Nick Ring

Roland Delorme vs. Francisco Rivera

Ryan Jimmo vs. Anthony Perosh

Bryan Caraway vs. Mitch Gagnon

Undercard (Facebook at 7 p.m. ET)

Antonio Carvalho vs. Daniel Pineda

Mitch Clarke vs. Anton Kuivanen

HectorLombard.jpg

Edited by Beserker101
littlePP

Let's get ready, wait, we're almost LIVE!

This has the makings of a great card/fights.

Lombard is coming in with a lot of hype, but I have not seen much of the mini Overeem other then youtube. Seems to have fought a lot of nobodys, but looks like he's taken enough juice to make it a go. Barao also with a big non UFC win streak, but he looks the deal, and any man the size of Jordan that can do a backflip will be athletic enough to get one onto Kongo's glass jaw. The man from down under with the cool chest hairs is also enjoyable to watch, and of course is getting so many fights now because he was the guy who ended the night the thong invaded the cage, making Dana a happy man.

mma_e_hallman_b1_576.jpg

BTW, this man would also be stopped at the San Francisco airport, as training masks need to be uncovered out there.

• Like 1
Beserker101

Facebook prelims starting now 7:00am -

• Like 1
Beserker101
Beserker101

Rogan quote > " Caraway's girlfriend Mischa Tate in his corner tonight, so even if he loses, he still wins " !

Caraway taps the Cnuck in the 3rd -

375999_2650034564709_1071066618_32363751_976971674_n.jpg

• Like 1
Beserker101

Jimmo KO's the Aussie in 7 seconds .. tied for the record (Perosh flew from Sydney to Alberta for that - lol)

Beserker101

Lombard shows nothing, loses SD to the Barbarian - lol

WONINTWO
loses SD to the Barbarian

BOETSCH was too big,Lombard got nothin,looked old,big but old,slow...like Munoz!

Faber and Barao is a snoozer too! Kongo is lucky 'big nog' got hurt too!

Beserker101

BOETSCH was too big,Lombard got nothin,looked old,big but old,slow...like Munoz!

Faber and Barao is a snoozer too! Kongo is lucky 'big nog' got hurt too!

Barao broke Faber's rib w/ a kick in the second round, ... its hard to knock out a veteran fighter that continually moves

backward . Barao vs Cruz will be much of the same unfortunately -

Beserker101
littlePP

First off, do not have any more fights in Canada, unless GSP is being cheered wildly as he is laying on an opponent for 5 rounds, or jabbing at him carefully. Granted, a boring set of fights, but western Canadians are not known for much of anything other then hockey fights, snow on trees, and rioting when their team loses the stanley cup. Classless boo and chant when Renan won, what is to him, the stanley cup.

On a side note, who were the two security nerds? Two guys, chubby, round faced and wearing Steve Urkel type eye glasses, protecting the fighters as they came down. What the hell were they going to do for protection, hack the offending fans computer as they reached for a cap or feel?

Anyway -

Riddle vs Clements was the best fight of the night, which aint saying much. Riddle at the end proclaimed he loves everybody, and in turn, I began having feelings for him.

Ebersole looked as if he was taking valium, or drunk, he was so slow and predictable he was not only frustrating Rogan with those lazy slow take down attempts, but I was able to flip 25 channels before he completed the attempt. He must of cycled his TRT wrong, as he was looking a far less muscular, and far less hairy. Lower testosterone not only makes you lethargic, limp and lazy, it also made his hairy chested arrow thin, small and well, not something that would have any male San Francisco TSA agents wanting to detain.

Shawn Jordan, dude, I would not ever want to fight you ever, but please go back to being a fullback in american football. You are incredibly strong with a Tank Abbot type 600 pound bench press, and any guy who is 250 pounds and can do a standing back flip with that shape of a body, and that quick 40 dash time, needs to attempt some ass kicking - but you simply do not have the skills to compete at a Kongo level. Kongo simply gassed before the KO would of happened, as is what happens when you carry that much muscle, but so do many fat guys not named Big Country. If the gas did not occur, which is what happens when a huge football type player is pushing you on the cage trying to avoid right hands for 10 minutes, thus the boring third round as well. Brock is also an incredible athlete, but his size was that imposing, as well as the division 1 wrestling background. Jordan, you need to learn a lot more. Go down to Brazil for a year, where the ladies have bigger booty then even you. You will learn some skills, and at least be a bigger Big Country type.

Lombard? What a let down that was. He needs to drop a weight class, as by the end of the fight he looked small and muscle gassed as well. Guy probably gave Dana White heartburn, as THAT fight needed the canuckleheaded boo, it was THAT bad. Lombard needed to put the pedal to the metal at some point and go for broke, and instead we got 3 rounds of total posing crap. And to think, he was going to give Silva a run. HAHA! Silva would destroy him with his reach, striking and size. As per the norm, the hype was not equaled by the fight. Boetsch is a nice guy, and happy he won. Tim's no match for Silva either, but not many are.

Faber needs to model underwear. The guy is so cute with the button chin and california beach blond hair, I want him to kick Justin Bieber's ass, and show the ladies that you can be cute, and carry around testosterone. Sure he can't sing, but neither can Bieber, and Bieber can not take a punch, or kick to the leg.

Bieber vs Faber! We need a thread.

Barao is not as cute, but a far better striker, and as per the norm these days, having a great take down defense is allowing the stand up fighters to do their thing. He's the real deal.

We need better fights next card, and a better venue.

Seriously? Jones vs Henderson? Hendo is old enough to be my son, and Jones my adopted illegitimate grandson.

• Like 2
WONINTWO
Barao vs Cruz will be much of the same u

YEP,the UFC had some HELLIFIED cards planned for the summer.Injuries and some PUNK-OUTS,I still think Bisping is scared of Boetsch,took most of the cards down to snoozers!!! too bad,but there aren't many fights upcoming that I really want to see.Vera vs.Shogun?PLEASE.....Machida vs.Bader is a better match,but how 'bout Evans vs.Machida 2?seeing Guillard get choked is always funny too,but what else?

Jones vs.Hendo?? sure I will watch but only a fix could save Hendo from a KO.MENDES VS.ALDO 2,w/no fence grabbin by Aldo next time,would be a fight to look forward to.ALDO was going to get beat up by some G&P and he knew it and that is why he ,lucky for him,grabbed the fence.Mendes KO'd that McKenzie clown in a hurry and wants ALDO again.Condit vs. GSP? I am falling asleep already.Edgar vs.BENSON,AH-GAIN...SO WHAT????middle-weight looks like the divison for some good brawls.Belcher vs. Weidman will be a good fight to see and BIG COUNTRY VS.ANYONE is always good to see.OH yeah,and when Velazquez gets JR. on the matt,big foots beating is gonna look lame.IF Cain can get it to the ground. not much else comin up,unless I IS UN-AWARE.Where are the Diaz bros?

• Like 1
MarinePride

If I was back in the USA and I'd bought the PPV, I would feel like I got ripped off. Definitely a snoozer from my prespective. The only fight that was moderately interesting was Faber vs. Barao.

I'm looking forward to seeing Machida fight Bader on Aug. 4 though. Gotta have something to look forward to.

• Like 1
Beserker101

First off, do not have any more fights in Canada, unless GSP is being cheered wildly as he is laying on an opponent for 5 rounds, or jabbing at him carefully. Granted, a boring set of fights, but western Canadians are not known for much of anything other then hockey fights, snow on trees, and rioting when their team loses the stanley cup. Classless boo and chant when Renan won, what is to him, the stanley cup.

They boo-ed GSP in Toronto through out his 5rd Dance-A-Thon with Jake Shields & well deserved ..

xf5dgl.gif

On a side note, who were the two security nerds? Two guys, chubby, round faced and wearing Steve Urkel type eye glasses, protecting the fighters as they came down. What the hell were they going to do for protection, hack the offending fans computer as they reached for a cap or feel?

I believe that was Bob & Doug McKenzie ?

bob-and-doug-mackenzie.jpg

Anyway -

Riddle vs Clements was the best fight of the night, which aint saying much. Riddle at the end proclaimed he loves everybody, and in turn, I began having feelings for him.

It could have been better if Clements had some TDD & didn't gas, although the result would have been the same ...

65,000 "Submission of the Night" bonus for Deep Waters -

20091125125025_mattriddle.JPG

Ebersole looked as if he was taking valium, or drunk, he was so slow and predictable he was not only frustrating Rogan with those lazy slow take down attempts, but I was able to flip 25 channels before he completed the attempt. He must of cycled his TRT wrong, as he was looking a far less muscular, and far less hairy. Lower testosterone not only makes you lethargic, limp and lazy, it also made his hairy chested arrow thin, small and well, not something that would have any male San Francisco TSA agents wanting to detain.

That is one creepy dude, he belongs in a Rob Zombie horror flick imo -

ebersolehair.jpg

Shawn Jordan, dude, I would not ever want to fight you ever, but please go back to being a fullback in american football. You are incredibly strong with a Tank Abbot type 600 pound bench press, and any guy who is 250 pounds and can do a standing back flip with that shape of a body, and that quick 40 dash time, needs to attempt some ass kicking - but you simply do not have the skills to compete at a Kongo level. Kongo simply gassed before the KO would of happened, as is what happens when you carry that much muscle, but so do many fat guys not named Big Country. If the gas did not occur, which is what happens when a huge football type player is pushing you on the cage trying to avoid right hands for 10 minutes, thus the boring third round as well. Brock is also an incredible athlete, but his size was that imposing, as well as the division 1 wrestling background. Jordan, you need to learn a lot more. Go down to Brazil for a year, where the ladies have bigger booty then even you. You will learn some skills, and at least be a bigger Big Country type.

I don't know what Joe Silva was thinking when he replaced the injured Nog w/ Jordan, it had snoozeroo written

all over it ... would like to see Overeem vs Kongo -

Lombard? What a let down that was. He needs to drop a weight class, as by the end of the fight he looked small and muscle gassed as well. Guy probably gave Dana White heartburn, as THAT fight needed the canuckleheaded boo, it was THAT bad. Lombard needed to put the pedal to the metal at some point and go for broke, and instead we got 3 rounds of total posing crap. And to think, he was going to give Silva a run. HAHA! Silva would destroy him with his reach, striking and size. As per the norm, the hype was not equaled by the fight. Boetsch is a nice guy, and happy he won. Tim's no match for Silva either, but not many are.

Lombard choked vs a journeyman fighting @ middleweight for the 4th time , I really hope Dana dosen't throw him a bone for his next match ...

Munoz vs Lombard would be the perfect fight, both over-rated & coming off losses -

Faber needs to model underwear. The guy is so cute with the button chin and california beach blond hair, I want him to kick Justin Bieber's ass, and show the ladies that you can be cute, and carry around testosterone. Sure he can't sing, but neither can Bieber, and Bieber can not take a punch, or kick to the leg.

Bieber vs Faber! We need a thread.

tumblr_lcl0hihEdc1qar661o1_400.jpg

Barao is not as cute, but a far better striker, and as per the norm these days, having a great take down defense is allowing the stand up fighters to do their thing. He's the real deal.

We need better fights next card, and a better venue.

Dana admitted being embarrassed by the girlie-fights, I never heard that much

continuous booing at an mma event in my life -

Seriously? Jones vs Henderson? Hendo is old enough to be my son, and Jones my adopted illegitimate grandson.

Since Bones won the title, he's fought very conservatively ... he can make this an easy fight

if he takes it to the ground immediately > I fear him circling to Hendo's left for the first 3 rounds

& showing too much respect for the 42yr old veteran -

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will be supporting Brandon Vera on August 4th, simply because I never liked Mauricio Rua,

... Let The Truth be told :-)

xop9nt.jpg

• Like 1