We Got It...us Tourist Visa

shadow

"Immigration" and Customs are both associated with the same agency, Department of Homeland Security. It now has the title of Customs and Border Patrol. It can be confusing but Headshot and others are quite right in recommending that you accompany your wife at all times through all lines, interviews, etc. And tell your wife to expect the CBP officer to be rude and arrogant because I have witnessed some pretty awful treatment of non-US citizens during my days of global travel but most of that is what I consider to be a power trip on their part. If the officer is pleasant, consider yourself blessed. Tell her to just to be cool and if she doesn't understand a question, refer to you. Remember that your wife has every lawful reason to enter the US because she has completed the process and has her valid visa.

And one further point..... Remember that the burden of proof of her having all her paperwork in order lies with the airline she will be traveling on that lands her in the US. Just like anyone traveling here to the Philippines or any other foreign country, if they allow a passenger to board their plane and they are turned back at "immigration", that airline has to pay a hefty fine and return the "invalid" passenger back to the point of origination. Airlines don't like to do that. So they will make damn sure that everything is in order.

So I wouldn't lose any sleep over this because as long as everything is in order, just put up with two minuets of a few questions from the CBP officer AND remember, your wife has not done anything wrong. Please don't let these individuals intimidate you. She has every right to enter the US!

Sorry, it is a privilege for a visa holder to enter the US, it is not a right. Just as having a California driver's license is a privilege, it is not a right.

The admitting immigration officer (or his superior) has the final say on who is and who is not allowed into the US. Seldom do they exercise this right if all is in order, but they have the final say. A visa does not give one the "right to enter".

Bottom line, be nice!

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• SkyMan

• lakan

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some months ago I signed on this forum for the first time with a query about any of you who had gotten a Tourist Visa for the Filipina wife, your input and advice.   Well We are pleased to announced

Just because she got the visa doesnt mean she will be allowed into the country when arriving on the flight. Be just as careful with what she says at the arriving airport as you were when doing the in

Sorry, it is a privilege for a visa holder to enter the US, it is not a right. Just as having a California driver's license is a privilege, it is not a right.   The admitting immigration officer (or

CebuKano

Sorry, it is a privilege for a visa holder to enter the US, it is not a right. Just as having a California driver's license is a privilege, it is not a right.

The admitting immigration officer (or his superior) has the final say on who is and who is not allowed into the US. Seldom do they exercise this right if all is in order, but they have the final say. A visa does not give one the "right to enter".

Bottom line, be nice!

Larry in Dumaguete

You are correct. I misspoke. I must have been thinking of all the illegal Hispanics in the US that will soon have the RIGHT to stay there. I'm sure that CBP will be much more interested in refusing entry into the country of someone who has a LEGAL visa. Actually, I say that with sarcasm but the way things are deteriorating in the US.... it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

With that being said, I still would not lose sleep over any of this. It's needless worry as long as everything is legit.