We Got It...us Tourist Visa

Some months ago I signed on this forum for the first time with a query about any of you who had gotten a Tourist Visa for the Filipina wife, your input and advice.

Well We are pleased to announced that My Wife was approved for her US Tourist Visa.

First time, first shot...approved...it was a bit of a surprise when I heard all the horror stories and all of the "denied" stories here and from various other expats and Filipino's alike.

Lots of Visas were denied that day but it looks like the wife squeaked by. I set her up with a well documented folder that might have been the difference...who knows.

lakan

• Like 2
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• SkyMan

• lakan

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some months ago I signed on this forum for the first time with a query about any of you who had gotten a Tourist Visa for the Filipina wife, your input and advice.   Well We are pleased to announced

Just because she got the visa doesnt mean she will be allowed into the country when arriving on the flight. Be just as careful with what she says at the arriving airport as you were when doing the in

Sorry, it is a privilege for a visa holder to enter the US, it is not a right. Just as having a California driver's license is a privilege, it is not a right.   The admitting immigration officer (or

SkyMan

Congrats! What can wife tell us about the interview? Was your folder of papers looked at? I'm sure any details you have would be helpful to the next hopeful.

shadow

Great news, congrats!

USMC-Retired

That is awesome. Can you elaborate on the documents you included as supporting her return to the Philippines.

Topper

And they say miracles don't happen. That good news should call for a celebration.

ps: buy a lottery ticket...it's your lucky day!

ozboy

Good news Lakan but my Canadian friend has been denied a spousal visa for 2 years now always on a minor medical issue even though it cost him over $12,000 in court costs in canada to fight this refusal n he won but it doesnt matter any because for some reason they dont like the lady...ok she has a kid from an affair with an Aussie guy n maybe she is a tad abrupt n up herself. during the interview.....

Headshot

I would really like to know how Lakan's got them to look at anything other than the application. Did Lakan use the letter tactic? What made the difference?

Congratulations!

MattFromGA

Just because she got the visa doesnt mean she will be allowed into the country when arriving on the flight. Be just as careful with what she says at the arriving airport as you were when doing the interview. Filipinos with b1/b2 visas are turned away at the airport regularly.

• Like 1
Headshot

Just because she got the visa doesnt mean she will be allowed into the country when arriving on the flight. Be just as careful with what she says at the arriving airport as you were when doing the interview. Filipinos with b1/b2 visas are turned away at the airport regularly.

Geez Matt...aren't we the ray of sunshine. Even Joe didn't rain on his parade like that.

USMC-Retired

Geez Matt...aren't we the ray of sunshine. Even Joe didn't rain on his parade like that.

He has a very valid point. Having items in your luggage or with you that signal you never plan to leave will get you turned back.

miles-high

Congrats!

That's one giant step!

Having items in your luggage or with you that signal you never plan to leave will get you turned back.

Let us take one step at at time... Just travel light, hehe ;)

Headshot

He has a very valid point. Having items in your luggage or with you that signal you never plan to leave will get you turned back.

I understand that, but it isn't like three out of four Filipinas get turned away at Immigration. They should obviously only take things they will use on their visit, and she should dress and act like the lady I'm sure she is. Other than that, she really doesn't have too much to worry about.

MattFromGA

I guess I could have written the warning post in a way that was congratulatory first, but I wanted to point out that they should prepare themselves for another round of questioning every time they visit. I would imagine that the negative feelings of being turned away at the airport are way worse than being turned down for the visa. You pay for tickets, have plans and other things, only to throw it all out the window due to one persons 2 min decision.