American Football 2012 NFL Preseason Schedule... 25 Days And Counting...

littlePP

Are many games shown on ASN?

Yeah, and they show them live if you can stay up or wake up, whatever the choice, for the 1 Am and 4 AM games. They repeat the hell out of them, but it's hit or miss with the team you follow, as they will show the prime games, sunday night, monday night and the top games for the sunday action.

I wish I had the confidence in the connection in a third world asian country to purchase the nfl online ticket. :(

Edited by littlePP
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkyMan

• tim

• Beserker101

• littlePP

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those you new to the Philippines or new to football in the Philippines or whatever. Please don't openly discuss game results until at least Wednesday afternoon. And even then it might be best to

I dare say it.... What about them Cowboys.....

Yup seems like just yesterday i was in the office cancelling ASN. sure hope they dont overload with UFC cage fighting like they did last year.

littlePP

For those you new to the Philippines or new to football in the Philippines or whatever. Please don't openly discuss game results until at least Wednesday afternoon. And even then it might be best to put the word SPOILER in the thread title. The internet is slow here and it takes a couple days sometimes for some nice person to upload a game and then for us to get it downloaded to watch. It really sucks to go through that and then someone spills the beans.

The Giants beat the Patriots in the superbowl and Cowboys still suck

Edited by littlePP
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Yeah, or use the spoiler feature.

Cignal doesn't seem to have ASN. Does ESPN ever show any football?

Edited by SkyMan
Headshot

It was nice last year. Since my Packers went unbeaten for so long, ASN carried their games almost every week...sweet. ASN generally picks the games to cover by choosing games where they think viewer interest will be high...which means they generally show teams with winning records.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1
SkyMan

ASN generally picks the games to cover by choosing games where they think viewer interest will be high...which means they generally show teams with winning records.

Bad news for cowboys fans, eh?
littlePP

Bad news for cowboys fans, eh?

Never bad news for the hated Cowboys, and they always get ratings and prime time games, including a lock on Thanksgiving day.

The reasons for this love, and the Steelers, is during the Roger and Terry days, the NFL was not as popular as it is today and had blackout rules regarding local teams, thus every week you would watch the Steelers and Cowboys, and Raiders. They were the ratings kings, and local teams never sold out and thus local fans became fans of these teams as the rules would only allow local teams to be shown in their local market "if" they had a sell out.

Actually, quite counter productive as how can you gain interest in a team if you can't watch them. :lol:

Beserker101

Yeah, or use the spoiler feature.

Cignal doesn't seem to have ASN. Does ESPN ever show any football?

ESPN will cover baseball throughout the playoffs, I'm not sure about their NFL coverage -

http://www.espnstar....s/region1/day1/

samatm

ESPN will cover baseball throughout the playoffs, I'm not sure about their NFL coverage -

http://www.espnstar....s/region1/day1/

ESPN will show an NCAA game sporadically. Never could really find a Rhyme or reason when they chose to air a game or not. Asn shows ncaa but no ABC/ESPN games which means virtually the entire bowl season.

• 2 weeks later...
AaronTheTiger

Is there any place you can watch nfl games in cebu? like a sports bar or something. ever since sports exchange closed down i havent heard of any places showing football games. ASN might be the only way..

SkyMan

Is there any place you can watch nfl games in cebu? like a sports bar or something. ever since sports exchange closed down i havent heard of any places showing football games. ASN might be the only way..

Quite unlikely. Live games would be at inconvenient times and almost none are aired to my knowledge unless a few (per season) are on ASN. Only real way to keep up with it here is by downloading the games you want a couple days after they're played.

Preseason is shaping up pretty good...2 raider losses, Niner's won their first. Hopefully they pull this one against the texans. Texas team losses are as satisfying as a raider loss.

Mr. Mike

I love the Green Bay Packers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,tiny town,,,tiny media market,,,,,,,,,,,,great "football" history! I was raised there,,,,,,,