Sign in to follow this  
miles-high

Murphy Bed

miles-high

OK, I finally went to their office today! Across the street from Greenbelt 3, it is inside the arcade New World Hotel but it is easier to get to it from outside the hotel.

Anyway, when I was a lowly associate with a Park Avenue firm, I had this small studio apartment on 56th and Madison… with a Murphy bed… memories, hehe ;)

The system they sell here is more upscale, “designer” version of the Murphy bed I am used to in NY… the prices range from about PHP90K (single bed), 300K (more like the US Queen size bed), up to 500K or so if you are adding shelves, glass doors, etc...

If anyone wants their PDF brochure, PM me and I would be happy to send you a copy… :)

Thank you, David, for referring me to this firm... This may be the answer I am looking for... :)

• Like 1

miles-high
How about a pricing and availability update?

They say they have to consolidate the orders into a container so it varies but usually 45 days after the firm order. (Too optimistic? I don't know but all shipment comes from Italy...) Those orders placed in July/August would take 2 to 3 months for delivery, as they completely shut down the factory during the month of August...

Runian

looks to be lots of cool fold away furniture out there .. me like

Edited by Runian
  • Like 1

Jester

Murphy would not have worked for me. I had built a lift up bed for my motorhome and decided why not? I did this in the US so obtaining materials was easy.

Need some wood, a piano hinge and a couple struts. Creativeness, imagination and a can do spirt are also needed.

http://photobucket.com/liftandstore

Hopefully the link will work!! Whiner

littlejohn

Well for the kind of money their talking about I could buy several hectares of land!

Anyway something I have been looking for is a design for building your own bed that is a bunk bed on top and on the bottom is a futon that makes a couch or a full size bed. Anyone seen plans for that? Shouldn't be to difficult not like those hydraulic assisted monstrosities.

Skywalker

Golly, why not just get a bigger place to live in?

smokey

Golly, why not just get a bigger place to live in?

then how can we find out how much the bed cost ???

• Like 1

Skywalker

Hmm there is that question!

David_LivinginTalisay

The price difference between a Studio Condo (*TCP:Php2,063,609) and a 1 Bedroom Condo (*TCP: Php3,466,088), is rather more than the cost of such fold away bed! (*Prices of Ramos Tower units. cleardot.gif28/07/2010)

If you are considering renting out such Condo, you need to charge more for a 1 Bedroom Condo.

Do you think you will get more inquiries/bookings for a 1 Bedroom Condo (at higher Rental charges), than a Studio Condo (that is priced lower than Hotel room)?

Skywalker

David, I am renting a studio condo in Ramos Tower. The bed is a queen size and does quite dominate the space! Big enough for one person (the condo I mean) but too small for a couple I would say.

If this was mine, I would have a sofa bed, or a fold up into a cabinet type bed. But the unit is as good as a good hotel, far cheaper of course, and has a kitchen. However I wouldn't buy a place this small for my own use. It's fine as a temporary place though. I can tell you that the view is fantastic from my little balcony on the 33rd floor here.

However, my condo under construction, is a one bed place, almost twice the size of this one.

David_LivinginTalisay

David, I am renting a studio condo in Ramos Tower. The bed is a queen size and does quite dominate the space! Big enough for one person (the condo I mean) but too small for a couple I would say.

If this was mine, I would have a sofa bed, or a fold up into a cabinet type bed. But the unit is as good as a good hotel, far cheaper of course, and has a kitchen. However I wouldn't buy a place this small for my own use. It's fine as a temporary place though. I can tell you that the view is fantastic from my little balcony on the 33rd floor here.

However, my condo under construction, is a one bed place, almost twice the size of this one.

I did not buy the Studio Condo to live in, but rent out. As you said a Queen size bed,, tends to dominate the small room size, like it does in a lot of Hotel rooms. But this is not a Hotel Room as it does/will have a small kitchen and Breakfast bar.

The use of such innovative, fold away furniture designs, means it does not have to look like a hotel room, but the bed comes out at night when you want to sleep. and the dining table or PC Table/Desk, folds away.

I was getting lot of booking inquiries, from people wanting to rent such Studio Condo. Trouble is I don't have the funds to finish the place and get it furnished to rent out. Neither does my son Paul, who is about to become a Dad any day now.

I am currently living in a 3 Bedroom Condo in Mianyang, Suchuan, China. It is about 11m in width and about 17m in depth (dual outlook), So it is probably about 175 sq m floor space approx, I have the Master Bedroom with en-suite Bathroom. Another 'Brit' shares the apartment with me and he has his own Bathroom, The 3rd bedroom is used as a 'study' with Desk and Internet connection (withTenda W311R WiFi Router, which I got configured and working, once I translated the Manual, as all the Menu is in Chinese!). The Lounge is 6m x 6m with enclosed balcony and entrance hall in addition to that.

The beds are queen sized, with typical Chinese mattress (read very firm, as in laying on the floor, with an inch of foam rubber, and you get the idea!). With such a large apartment you don't need to consider fold away beds. Different story in Hong Kong however!

We don't pay any rent for it, as provided free of charge. No charge for electricity or gas, and free drinking water with Hot/Cool dispenser provided. Siemens Fridge/Freezer and Panasonic Washing machine in laundry room also provided off the dining room and Kitchen.