Mark Muñoz / Chris Weidman - Thursday 7/12

Beserker101

Beserker101

Return of the "Filipino Wrecking Machine"

Thursday July 12th - Available here in Cebu on the Balls Network/ Sky Cable Ch 41 - 8:30am ,

... prelims free on Facebook -

Event: UFC on FUEL TV 4: "Munoz vs. Weidman"

Date: Wed., July 11, 2012, at 9 p.m. ET on FUEL TV

Main Event :

185 lbs.: Mark Munoz vs. Chris Weidman

Main Card (FUEL TV) :

205 lbs.: James Te Huna vs. Joey Beltran

170 lbs.: Aaron Simpson vs. Kenny Robertson

205 lbs.: Francis Carmont vs. Karlos Vemola

135 lbs.: T.J. Dillashaw vs. Vaughan Lee

155 lbs.: Rafael dos Anjos vs. Anthony Njokuani

Preliminary Card (Facebook) :

135 lbs.: Alex Caceres vs. Damacio Page

125 lbs.: Chris Cariaso vs. Josh Ferguson

185 lbs.: Rafael Natal vs. Andrew Craig

170 lbs.: Marcelo Guimaraes vs. Dan Stittgen

135 lbs.: Raphael Assuncao vs. Issei Tamura

munozweidman.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beserker101

• WONINTWO

• littlePP

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you like the sport check out this documentary on how these guys get started. Ignore the bad ratings, it's based on only a few reviews, I liked it a lot.

I knew this was going to happen,Munoz looked slow,old,out-of-shape and had nothing in the way of an answer for Weidman.Weidman has Matt Serra coaching him and the guy is TOP-NOTCH and he's the last gu

Hence the free event on a Wedensday night - lol , Munoz coming back from elbow surgery & 8 month layoff could get his ass handed to him by Weidman , undefeated w/ good wins over Maia & Lawl

Beserker101

Chris Weidman Looking to Cash In on 'No-Lose Situation'

weidman_large_large.jpg

Chris Weidman was a two-time Division I All-American at Hofstra University (Brian Ballweg).

sm-share-en.gif

By Jon Lane - Combat Sports Writer

The Chris Weidman-Mark Munoz UFC on FUEL 4 main event has important ramifications on the middleweight title picture. With a win, the unbeaten Baldwin, N.Y., resident will be at or near a title shot.

Follow @sbnationny on Twitter, and Like SB Nation New York on Facebook.

Don’t bother exhaling. In the shadow of the fallout from UFC 148, and Anderson Silva’s second-round TKO of Chael Sonnen to conclude their bitter feud, the UFC production team will fire up in mere days when Mark Munoz and Chris Weidman headline UFC on FUEL 4 in San Jose, Calf., Wednesday night. I interviewed Weidman (8-0) 24 hours before Silva-Sonnen II while the Baldwin, N.Y., resident packed for the cross-country trip and asked for a prediction. Weidman never picked a clear-cut winner, instead offering scenarios that would favor him no matter who emerged victorious.

"If I had to put all my money on who I think is going to win I think I'd put it on Anderson Silva," Weidman said. "As a fan I'd want to see Chael Sonnen win. As a fighter, a guy who wants to beat the legacy of Anderson Silva himself, I'd rather have Anderson Silva win. Either way it's a no-lose situation for me."

I’ll have a lot more on the biggest fight of Weidman’s young career before Wednesday, but I’ll reveal this now: If he beats Munoz, he’s expecting either being named No. 1 contender, or at least being granted a No. 1 contender’s bout.

"We’ll see what happens, but I have to prove myself against Mark Munoz first," Weidman said.

There is speculation that a Munoz victory earns the NCAA Division I wrestling champion out of Oklahoma State the next shot at the Spider – assuming the UFC doesn’t pull the trigger on Silva vs. Jon Jones at the end of the year (assuming Jones successfully defends his light-heavyweight championship against Dan Henderson). Munoz (12-2) has been on a tear since a razor-thin loss to Yushin Okami in August 2010, but Michael Bisping, Alan Belcher and Brian Stann are all in the picture. Though Bisping is off a loss to Sonnen, it was a fight many thought he won and the Count has yet to receive a title shot in his six years in the UFC.

Both Belcher (5-1 in his last six) and Stann (back on the winning trail after a 2011 submission loss to Sonnen), have expressed a desire to fight Bisping, and a wild-card, or monkey wrench (depending on your point of view), at 185 is Hector Lombard. The undefeated and former Bellator champion was lined up to headline UFC on FOX 4 before Stann pulled out with a shoulder injury. Lombard’s debut is later this month at UFC 149 against Tim Boetsch, a sleeper in the division following his comeback win over Okami. If Lombard impressively defeats the Barbarian, that may be enough for him to get the title shot, which wouldn’t sit well with Bisping and most definitely Munoz.

If Weidman wins, expect the UFC to feed him at least one more top contender. My guess it’s either Lombard or Belcher, while Stann is matched with Bisping. Ditto if it’s Munoz. If Silva-Jones is to ever happen, it has to this year, so let that superfight conclude 2012 while the rest of the middleweight division sorts itself out.

MarinePride

Sad to say it, but I havn't even heard of most of these guys. TJ Dillashaw looked good on TUF not long ago, though.

Beserker101

Sad to say it, but I havn't even heard of most of these guys. TJ Dillashaw looked good on TUF not long ago, though.

Hence the free event on a Wedensday night - lol ,

Munoz coming back from elbow surgery & 8 month layoff could

get his ass handed to him by Weidman , undefeated w/ good wins

over Maia & Lawlor, trained by Serra/ Longo & known to be a

cardio-machine (Munoz not so much) -

Njokuani vs dos Santos & Beltran vs Te Huna should be entertaining,

... I got nothing better to do Thursday morning, hoping for better

fights than we seen yesterday -

• Like 1
WONINTWO

Weidman in a submission win,Munoz is gettin old!

Sonnen looked good until he handed Spidey the fight on a Silva platter...what an idiot! Silva was nervous/scared b4 the bell rang,said good-bye to 20 people outside the cage and wiped the vaseline they put on his face on to his arms and legs (the ref saw him do it and wiped it off too!!! Silva also was grabbing Sonnen's pants legs while they were up against the cage during the first round,during the G&P on the matt Sonnen just missed with an elbow that would have broke Silva's nose.Confient fighters do not cheat(like ALDO grabbin the fence against Mendes),Silva knew Sonnen had his number BUT Chael blew it like a loser!Spinning back fist(he thought that would actually land?),an idiot move that cost him the fight! The knee that ended it was a foul in a lotta peoples books too!!!

Beserker101

Weidman in a submission win, Munoz is gettin old!

Agreed ^ ...

I don't think there would be much interest in Munoz vs Silva (if he gets past Weidman),

Maybe Munoz vs Lombard or Cung Le if he loses tomorrow -

Beserker101

Prelims on Facebook live from San Jose starting 6:00am - watching now

Beserker101

... can someone please tell me what Damacio Page was thinking ? :wt-hell:

Beserker101

Weidman brutalizes & destroys Munoz in 6:37 ... KO

littlePP

Weidman had just utterly DESTROYED Munoz ....

littlePP

Weidman brutalizes & destroys Munoz in 6:37 ... KO

That was a statement fight...Sonnen can ground and wrestle without the pound, well Weidman can ground, wrestle and pound, and knows BJJ

I was impressed

• Like 1
Beserker101

Weidman had just utterly DESTROYED Munoz ....

Munoz should consider retirement if his ultimate goal was the belt ,

... this KO loss puts him in no-man's land > the MW division is stacked -

Lombard

Cung Le

Rockhold

Bisping

Belfort

Stann

Belcher

Shlemenko

Souza

Kennedy

• Like 1
littlePP

Munoz should consider retirement if his ultimate goal was the belt ,

... this KO loss puts him in no-man's land > the MW division is stacked -

Lombard

Cung Le

Rockhold

Bisping

Belfort

Stann

Belcher

Shlemenko

Souza

Kennedy

Belcher, despite his horrible tattoo, is back from eye surgery, and looked great against Palhares, and I always loved his skills. Still, of all these fighters listed here, Weidman looks like the next great thing. That was about as smooth looking a fight I have seen in a main event in all areas. He had all bases covered as a complete MMA guy, and could, if he follows the Sonnen game plan, give Silva a go. Also seems like a nice kid, as is Munoz, which was nice to see, two classy guys fighting. :cheers:

• Like 1
Beserker101

Belcher, despite his horrible tattoo, is back from eye surgery, and looked great against Palhares, and I always loved his skills. Still, of all these fighters listed here, Weidman looks like the next great thing. That was about as smooth looking a fight I have seen in a main event in all areas. He had all bases covered as a complete MMA guy, and could, if he follows the Sonnen game plan, give Silva a go. Also seems like a nice kid, as is Munoz, which was nice to see, two classy guys fighting. :cheers:

Bisping called out Belcher last week, so lets do it @ 152/ Canada ,

... Belcher referred to Bisping as a "point fighter" in a yahoo sports interview- lol

http://mmajunkie.com...-the-holdup.mma

BJ Penn vs Rory MacDonald are scheduled for that fight-card ...

Beserker101

Results :

Chris Weidman def. Mark Muñoz via KO (elbow and punches) at 1:37 of round 2.

James Te-Huna def. Joey Beltran via Unanimous Decision (30-26,30-27,30-27).

Aaron Simpson def. Kenny Robertson via Unanimous Decision (30-27,29-28,29-28).

Francis Carmont def. Karlos Vemola via Submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:39 of round 2.

T.J. Dillashaw def. Vaughan Lee via Submission (rear-naked choke) at 2:33 of round 1.

Rafael dos Anjos def. Anthony Njokuani via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,29-28).

Alex Caceres def. Damacio Page via Submission (triangle choke) at 1:27 of round 2.

Chris Cariaso def. Josh Ferguson via Unanimous Decision (30-27,30-27,30-27).

Andrew Craig def. Rafael Natal via KO (head kick) at 4:52 of round 2.

Marcelo Guimaraes def. Dan Stittgen via Split Decision (29-28,28-29,29-28).

Raphael Assuncão def. Issei Tamura via TKO (punches) at 0:25 of round 2.

Fighter Bonuses :

KO of the Night: Chris Weidman – $40,000

Submission of the Night: Alex Caceres – $40,000

Fight of the Night: James Te Huna and Joey Beltran – $40,000/each

Mark-Munoz-vs-Chris-Weidman-UFC-Fuel-4_7321.jpg

weidman-tko-munoz-ufc-on-fuel-tv-4.jpg

Notice where Munozs' hands are when he eats the elbow ^