billy

can anyone recomend a profesional plumber? my pump that pumps my water to my holding tank seems to have stopped working. also i need a plumber to make sure my system is correct.

Wombat No More

You do know there are no tradesmen in the country I suppose, unless they are foreigners. They don't have apprentice training schools etc or certified tradesmen so it's all based in "He showed me how to do it and I learnt along the way doing different jobs, (shoddily generally)". You have only people who know about the job and learnt sloppy on job training, the same as their teacher/mentor. Professionals, well yeah, coz that's their profession, but skilled? That's another story and though there are some who actually are pretty reasonable at their jobs, finding them is another story also...

Sorry to not be able to answer your post as you wish but I just wanted to give you a heads up on the skill levels available here (0% - ?), in case you didn't know. And when you find your "professional" be very wary. In my own experience with several plumbing jobs, MOST of it has been crap work, wrong configuration, even no glue in some joints etc and a lot of it needing to be done again but under my direct supervision. I'm just now replacing the latter problems in all 6 apartments I have being built. Plainly, in general, they don't care and all they actually care about is how much money they can charge you over what they would charge a Filipino, which, unless you're lucky, will be up to several times more for a same job. Don't you show your face, let the missus negotiate. Ooroo.

Edited by Wombat No More
  • Like 2
stagger

Sorry but I have not heard of Insurance for Plumbing so I am moving to another past of the site.

MrSuave

Your pump will probably need a pump repairman. For the plumbing, see the ex Wombat's post. Normally a plumber will not know how to repair a pump.

spritsail

I have system probably similiar to yours. Check first if the motor is working - noise etc, check see if the fan at the rear is turning, if not remove cover at back and hand turn - if stiff then some WD 40 might free it.

If pump OK, then you may have lost the vacuum. You can fill the system with water, and keep going until water is flowing. Check for any air leaks

If you have level switches in the holding tank, then these can be checked.

Good luck, do not think a plumber would be the answer but a general handyman with some mechanical /electrical knowledge.