Wrong Stamp In My Passport

PapaRay

OK quick question about the onward ticket situation. When I was there earlier this year no one asked for a ticket when I got there simply stamped BB and I was through. This time when I go back I should have by 13a as we are applying here in the states at the embassy. Was told it would take about two weeks.

If I have the 13a is an onward ticket necessary? :scratch_head:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skywalker

• desertjon

• Woolf

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Put your story and your desire to change the erronously give status into a letter and when they still refuse to change your status, have it signed by them. Ask kindly for an appointment with the Commi

When my wife and I were leaving for Singapore via Cebu we were told by a immigration desk guy to come back to his desk on our return and he would give us a years visa for a similar amount! Highly ille

You do not have to leave when the stamp expires. Just stay. On the date it expires, that will start your "tourist visa" stay, automatically. Within the next 21 days, go to your nearest BOI office and

Headshot

If I have the 13a is an onward ticket necessary? :scratch_head:

An onward ticket is not necessary if you have any permanent resident visa to the Philippines. However, as you are applying through the embassy, it is my understanding that you don't actually receive the visa until you land in the Philippines. The deal about the onward ticket is that it is unlikely that Immigration will ask for it. Unfortunately, it is almost a sure bet that the airline will ask for it before they let you board the plane. If you can produce something they can read that says you have a 13A, then they will probably let you pass. If the packet from the embassy is sealed, and there is no way to see from the outside that it is a 13A, then I doubt the airline will allow you to board. Ask the embassy about this. I'm sure they can give you the best advice.

ancienrocka

Has this been confirmed? I know Paul Whiteway made a thread to that effect some time back but I don't think he was able to confirm it. Just askin'

Confirmed.

Edited by Headshot
Removed duplicate quote
KeithAngel

Paul Ancient pm and email sent?

Edited by KeithAngel
Skywalker

"Remember you have to have an onward ticket to someplace when you fly back to the Philippines."

I just flew into Manila from KL, no onward flight planned or bought yet. Nobody asked me anything! Just got a 21 day stamp.

Edited by Skywalker
Woolf

"Remember you have to have an onward ticket to someplace when you fly back to the Philippines."

I just flew into Manila from KL, no onward flight planned or bought yet. Nobody asked me anything! Just got a 21 day stamp.

Just because that you are not asked for return or onward ticket, does not mean that you do not have to have one.

When I flew into mactan oct last I was asked to show return /onward ticket at immigration

Cipro

I got a free BB stamp once, but I was only here for a 3 week scuba trip unfortunately. I didn't even know it was a BB until the local guy here said "why don't you just go somewhere cheap and reenter with your wife and renew your BB", and pointed it out to me.

easy44

We all get lucky every now and then. Don't count on it though.

SkyMan

Confirmed.

Wow, so that adds a lot of cost to an extension. Does the exit ticket have to be within the period of the extension? When I moved here I came on a r/t with a 59day visa and my return flight was maybe 8 months out. When I got close to that date I was able to move it out to the nearly 1yr point. When that came up I flew back for a month and then did the same again. In those 2 years I was never asked about a return flight but the airline did know I had one, just never within the period of any extension except the last. I wonder if I could do that now or if I'd end up having to buy a new exit ticket every two months.
Skywalker

When I flew into Manila from Bangkok (one way with CebuPacific), last April, my booked return flight was Bangkok to London (still is) next January.

Immigration asked me what my plans were, I told them I was moving to Cebu to live. They gave me a 21 day stamp. Now I just extend as per normal.

I am pretty sure it's not a legal requirement to have an exit flight planned and booked - in the same way that it's not illegal for me to live here!

In any case, I do not have any flights booked or otherwise to leave the Philippines at this time. Am I acting illegally?

Edited by Skywalker
Woolf

From http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines

Danish, Icelandic, and Norwegian nationals who are travelling to the Philippines forshort-term business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visa for a stay not exceeding twenty one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.

Extension of Authorized Period of Stay in the Philippines

In case of a temporary visitor’s visa holder whose stay in the Philippines will exceed the authorized period of stay, he/she will have to report to the Bureau of Immigration, secure an extension of stay and pay the corresponding immigration fees. Information on fees for extension of stay and other Immigration fees are available at the Bureau of Immigration website here.

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

Your lucky.

in 1999 i was still on a BB visa and flew for a week WITH my wife to BKK for a renewal. Brought marriage cert and all that Jazz. In Manila they still refused coz i had no onward ticket and gave me just a 21 days. And only because i could show enough cash on my PNB bank book which i had with me then.

I was pretty angry, but nothing one can do about it. Good news was, that my 13a came after 2 months in (then) record time.

Its a gamble, depending on the urgency and flexibility one should decide whats best. Or use the flights for real "weekenders" in the region.

Skywalker

From http://www.philembas...r-services/visa

Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines

who are travelling to the Philippines forshort-term business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visa for a stay not exceeding twenty one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay.

Extension of Authorized Period of Stay in the Philippines

In case of a temporary visitor’s visa holder whose stay in the Philippines will exceed the authorized period of stay, he/she will have to report to the Bureau of Immigration, secure an extension of stay and pay the corresponding immigration fees. Information on fees for extension of stay and other Immigration fees are available at the Bureau of Immigration website here.

Okay, well I am British. It appears that the ticket requirement only applies to Danish, Icelandic, and Norwegian nationals. I wonder why that is?

So, other than Danish, Icelandic, and Norwegian nationals, there is no requirement in Law to have an onward ticket.

Woolf

So this is from the Philippine Embassy London

http://philembassy-uk.org/consular-matters/visa

General Information

The granting of Philippine visa is, in effect, only a form of pre-entry clearance. Philippine visa holders are still subject to normal immigration control at the port of entry. Philippine Immigration officers have the authority to grant or deny admission. British, Irish and Icelandic passport holders may enter and stay in the Philippines for 21 days without visa provided that they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination, and that their passports are valid for at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay in the Philippines.

• Like 1
Skywalker

Oops, then I am a Law breaker. I better pack my bags ready for incarceration. :dance:

I wonder, therefore, why the local immigration office here in Cebu doesn't demand to see an onward ticket when they grant extensions of stay?

There does appear to be a contradiction, or am I missing something?