Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen ll / UFC 148 - Sunday

Beserker101

Beserker101

The ultimate rematch can be viewed here in Cebu this Sunday on the Balls Network, 10:30am (CH 41 Sky Cable)

prelims available free on Facebook - UFC 148

http://youtu.be/1TeM9HGObMo

Event: UFC 148: "Silva vs. Sonnen II"

Date: Sat., July 7, 2012, at 10 p.m. ET on pay-per-view (PPV)

Main Event :

185 lbs.: UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva vs. Chael Sonnen

Main card (pay-per-view) :

205 lbs.: Forrest Griffin vs. Tito Ortiz

185 lbs.: Patrick Cote vs. Cung Le

170 lbs.: Dong Hyun Kim vs. Demian Maia

145 lbs.: Mike Easton vs. Ivan Menjivar

145 lbs.: Chad Mendes vs. Cody McKenzie

Preliminary card (FX Channel) :

155 lbs.: Habib Nurmagomedov vs. Gleison Tibau

185 lbs.: Riki Fukuda vs. Constantinos Philippou

155 lbs.: Fabricio Camoes vs. Melvin Guillard

155 lbs.: Rafaello Oliveira and Yoislandy Izquierdo

170 lbs.: John Alessio vs. Shane Roller

UFC_148_Event_Poster.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beserker101

• MarinePride

• littlePP

• Justin Kredible

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

lol - I see what you did there !  

If Sonnen manages to win, it will cause some chaos in the division. The belt will probably get passed around rapidly as Sonnen has zero submission defense, and there are a few good submission guys han

I was simply shocked that Sonnen was able to land some crude basic 101 punches on the Spider, which opened a lot up for him the rest of the way, and I do not see that happening again this fight. Of co

Justin Kredible

Chael Sonnen is frikken hilarious. Personally, I hope he wins.

Anyone see the Clay Guida/Gray Maynard fight? Maynard's got serious balls for opening himself like that.

Woo-hoo!

easy44

So Tito Ortiz is still fighting? I thought he was a has-been?

Anyone see the Clay Guida/Gray Maynard fight? Maynard's got serious balls for opening himself like that.

Woo-hoo!

That fight was rather disappointing. I don't expect people to stand and trade shots, but Guida pulling a Dominic Cruz with 1/10th the striking was brutal to watch. As for Sonnen, the guys has his moments and all, but I find it hard to support a cheat. Mind you, I can't stand Anderson either, so I hope they both KO each other and cause anarchy.

• Like 1
MarinePride

I have a lot of respect for Anderson Silva and not so much for Sonnen. I don't care for people who run their mouth the way he does, even if he is THAT good. Kind of has a touch of the WWF to me. As far as Ortiz is concerned, put the guy into retirement already. The UFC needs some new blood who can make a name.

Beserker101

So Tito Ortiz is still fighting? I thought he was a has-been?

He has one win in his last 8 fights dating back to '06 & that came vs lhw contender Ryan Bader last year,

... Ortiz guillotined Bader in 2 minutes of the 1st round ... revitalizing his career in the eyes of Dana White .

Griffin vs Ortiz is the UFC's version of the "Senior Bore Tour" > Cung Le vs Cote should be the co-main event imo -

zulethe

Oritiz vs. Griffin is the swan song for both fighters. It's kind of ironic since it's on the same card as Silva who, I believe, drastically shortened Griffin's career.

Both fighters are never been's as in they were never great fighters, just ok.

littlePP

That fight was rather disappointing. I don't expect people to stand and trade shots, but Guida pulling a Dominic Cruz with 1/10th the striking was brutal to watch. As for Sonnen, the guys has his moments and all, but I find it hard to support a cheat. Mind you, I can't stand Anderson either, so I hope they both KO each other and cause anarchy.

They almost all cheat. The ones who don't, lose. The testing is easy to beat, and one of the most lax is any sport. You can bitch about it, like BJ, or simply get on board. That is why you do not hear too many complaints from other fighters, BJ excluded, because they all doing it, and simply know the guy cycled wrong when he is caught.

Anderson will knock out Sonnen, probably early. The last fight was a fluke and Sonnen while a great wrestler, actually stunned Silva with decent strikes, almost similar to Couture vs. Liddell 1. I simply can not see Sonnen getting this one back on the ground, and Silva being fr more sharp in his stikes. KO first round is my prediction.

Ortiz has a contract with White, and I believe this fight fullfills it. Griffin has absorbed too many blows, and is slowly become a fellow Irishman Sean McGowan, without the booze.

The big question is why there is no reality show on Tito Oriz and Jenna Jameson. Gene Simmons? Boring. Ozzy? - the guy now obeys commands from his dog and we at least can understand the barking. Hulk Hogan, yeah only when he made out with his daughter. Ortiz and Jenna, now THAT is a show. Tito picks up his kids from his wife, who then question what Jenna did for work, and then finding out on the internet. Would love to hear that dinner table conversation. "Did you love the entire basketball team Miss Jenna?"

Beserker101

Woo-hoo!

Guida effectively removed himself from any hope of title-contention w/ that performance/ fight-plan ,

... and lost a good chunk of his fan base to boot -

That fight was rather disappointing. I don't expect people to stand and trade shots, but Guida pulling a Dominic Cruz with 1/10th the striking was brutal to watch.

Great analogy w/ Cruz, Faber vs Cruz lll would have been another unbearable snooze-fest ,

... Barão will run through Faber for the Interim Bantamweight Championship @ 149 & he will humiliate Cruz when he returns > word -

*** Hector Lombard UFC debut vs The Barbarian (Boetsch) , co-main @ #149

Justin Kredible
Guida effectively removed himself from any hope of title-contention w/ that performance/ fight-plan , ... and lost a good chunk of his fan base to boot -

Yeah, the entire crowd turned on Guida when Gray got pissed and dropped his hands to let Guida hit him. That was AWESOME!!!!!

junglelove38

Apparently, Chael had a really rough childhood. He talks about it here:

Beserker101

lol - I see what you did there !

Apparently, Chael had a really rough childhood. He talks about it here:

ufc_approve_gif.gif

• Like 3
Beserker101

Anderson will knock out Sonnen, probably early. The last fight was a fluke and Sonnen while a great wrestler, actually stunned Silva with decent strikes, almost similar to Couture vs. Liddell 1. I simply can not see Sonnen getting this one back on the ground, and Silva being fr more sharp in his stikes. KO first round is my prediction.

http://blog.fightmet...ric-report.html

I agree that rematches rarely go the way of the first fight loser, but this has a different flavor because it literally was a beatdown for 4.5 rounds >

(check the fightmetric link above) and Anderson caught lightning in a bottle w/ a freak submission > 1:50 left on the clock .

Some other factors are that Sonnen is the more motivated fighter w/ a psychological advantage, Sonnen has the best take-downs in all mma ,

and Silva has not fought in almost one year .

I want Sonnen to win this so that Anderson will return to the light-heavyweight division for an eventual showdown with his broski Jon Jones ,

... there really is nothing left @ middleweight for Silva and he is 37yrs old -

I agree that rematches rarely go the way of the first fight loser, but this has a different flavor because it literally was a beatdown for 4.5 rounds >

(check the fightmetric link above) and Anderson caught lightning in a bottle w/ a freak submission > 1:50 left on the clock .

Some other factors are that Sonnen is the more motivated fighter w/ a psychological advantage, Sonnen has the best take-downs in all mma ,

I want Sonnen to win this so that Anderson will return to the light-heavyweight division for an eventual showdown with his broski Jon Jones ,

If Sonnen manages to win, it will cause some chaos in the division. The belt will probably get passed around rapidly as Sonnen has zero submission defense, and there are a few good submission guys hanging around. Regardless, I see Silva retiring after he wins, as I doubt he will fight Jones.

• Like 2
littlePP

I was simply shocked that Sonnen was able to land some crude basic 101 punches on the Spider, which opened a lot up for him the rest of the way, and I do not see that happening again this fight. Of course I do not have a crystal ball, or I would be a rich man, but I see this one a KO and a lopsided win for Silva.

BTW, I am rooting for Sonnen, who I find a sarcastic and witty guy, who is also one hell of a wrestler and this alone nullifies a lot of leg kicks by Anderson.

No doubt the style of Sonnen is made for a Silva, however Sonnen has always been prone to submissions, even while on top, and does not have that intense ground and pound, nor actual striking power that should of put away Silva the first fight.

I believe this one of those fights that will not live up to the hype, however, I certainly hope I am wrong.

• Like 2