Sign in to follow this  
the.lone.gunman

Western Union

shadow

That is interesting. I sent I believe it was $5000 to the states last year and there were no questions asked of the recipient. It did take a while to show up as ready for pickup though, that was the only thing I noticed. Perhaps they were checking something? I was sweating it a bit though and was very relieved to hear the recipient tell me they finally received it.

Used to be any US bank transactions over $5000 had to be reported to the feds, don't know if that still applies.

Larry in Dumaguete

ellenbrook2001

even a ticket airline would purchased my self then send it by email or collected at the airline has western union they are the most ripped off then they rate are 2 or 3 pesos below the normal rates on the day

aussiekangaroo

Anyone from Australia a I highly recommend you use forex world. The rate is much higher and the fee a lot lower. Today for example is 42.85 on XE but they are offering 42.60 plus $8 fee. For less then $200 use LBC there fee is as low as $3 for smaller amounts.

Edited by aussiekangaroo

Mattnlenny

Thanks guys, Forexworld looks really good. Thats the first I've heard of it.

aussiekangaroo

I have sent over 1 million peso in 1 time using forex world and the money was in my BDO account in about 45 minutes of calling them to inform of the deposit.