Hiring filipinos

Headshot

Money seems to have that effect on some people. Now they may feel they are among the upper classes.

Larry in Dumaguete

Yeah, but those I know have absolutely NO class.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lazydays

• Davaoeno

• freespirit

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep, discrimination is well alive and kicking.   My wife is quite dark skinned, wouldn't have her any other way, she is banned from using whiteners of any kind.

Finding prospective employees here who can speak and write English is not a problem. Then it also depends on the level of proficiency that you require. What tasks do they really have to do?. Is

for some strange reason i never get told that, but it would certainly seal the deal for me!

I have to agree about girls (or guys for that matter) from Manila/Luzon - their noses are always in the air! It's like Manila is the center of the Philippines and people from other provinces are not as educated. We've met plenty of them here in Bahrain.

As far as looking for employees are concerned, as previous posts have mentioned, putting up some ads will help. There are plenty of fresh graduates without work and you can pick and choose the best. Just make sure you follow the standard business practices BEFORE hiring anyone (police clearance, certification, etc) or you could end up with someone who speaks and writes excellent English but is a con at heart.

And speaking from personal experience, one thing you should do before you start anything is to hire a GOOD lawyer - you can't imagine how much trouble that will save you.

Topper

Some of my wife's "batchmates" from CNU work in call centers. For the most part, those working in call centers (that I know) are the ones who could not pass the teacher certification exam and could not find employment as teachers. On a personal note, those friends (or ex-friends) who work in call centers tend to be the most self-centered, back-stabbing, crab-mentality, conniving bitches I have met in the Philippines. They are very quick with vicious, non-constructive criticism of others, with no regard toward whose feelings they might be hurting or what friendships they might be destroying. They are also very slow with praise for others' accomplishments and achievements. Of course, that is just my personal observation of some call center girls that I know personally, and it may not be true of call center girls as a whole. Those that I know are NOT the sharpest pencils in the box...but they like to think that they are.

And it doesn't change when they come to the States. I see it all the time at the Filipino/American Club that I belong to here. You can take the girl out of the Philippines, but you can't take the Philippines out of the girl. My wife, much to her credit, can spot them from a mile away and avoids them like the plague.

Edited by Topper
  • Like 2
lazydays

Yeah, but those I know have absolutely NO class.

That's usually the case, they are the worst kind of snobs.

"All fur coat and no knickers" :lol:

you can find good ones if you can afford them. Most likely, you are going to pay someone minimum wage with the tasks that you outlined so quality cannot be assured. Now is a good time to hire though since many just graduated last summer and are looking for a job. YOu can easily differentiate during the interviews.