Sign in to follow this  
tonny

Form SSA 7161 & 7162

tonny

Well another year has any one received these form yet this year. (7161 &7162) Mine came in July 4 last year here in Ormoc. Will let guys know when i get mine good luck guys, was reading the other day that the if you don't tell them now your correct address and they find out first offense up to 6 months penalty but has to be a deliberate false hood , they usually just reinstate your checks and no penalty.Second offense is one year no check, third time think it was three years .So don't let them catch you in big lie. They are using new ways to check where you at like matching programs thru VA records , Philippines tax thready . Asking your US bank what address,they have on file if you use ATM machine where you get the money if overseas and many other ways maybe even Philippine Immigration for list of US passport # who are long stays be careful u are warned.

CardiacKid

Well another year has any one received these form yet this year. (7161 &7162) Mine came in July 4 last year here in Ormoc. Will let guys know when i get mine good luck guys, was reading the other day that the if you don't tell them now your correct address and they find out first offense up to 6 months penalty but has to be a deliberate false hood , they usually just reinstate your checks and no penalty.Second offense is one year no check, third time think it was three years .So don't let them catch you in big lie. They are using new ways to check where you at like matching programs thru VA records , Philippines tax thready . Asking your US bank what address,they have on file if you use ATM machine where you get the money if overseas and many other ways maybe even Philippine Immigration for list of US passport # who are long stays be careful u are warned.

For those of you who are curious as to what these forms are: 1. Report to United States Social Security Administration by Person Receiving Benefits for a Child or for an Adult Unable to Handle Funds/Report to the United States Social Security Administration—0960-0049. SSA uses the information it collects on Forms SSA-7161-OCR-SM and SSA-7162-OCR-SM to: (1) Determine continuing entitlement to Social Security benefits; (2) correct benefit amounts for beneficiaries outside the United States; and (3) monitor the performance of representative payees outside the United States. The respondents are individuals living outside the United States who are receiving benefits on their own (or for someone else) under Title II of the Social Security Act https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2010/06/02/2010-13092/agency-information-collection-activities-proposed-request-and-comment-request :link:

enoonmai

My reluctance to notify that I am living in the Philippines is because of the utter unreliability of Philpost. SS sends everything by mail which is fine in the US but when it hits here all bets are off. If it's sent to my mailing address/service in the US I can read it and respond directly or have it sent here with a somewhat more reliable courier service.

tonny

Ur residence address can be different that you mailing address and you can still use a US bank also just have to let them know where you liveing Use a states side mail forwarding company to get your mail or read on line. When the forms come . In then you know to go on line download them send to the address on the correspondence why risk your money!!!!

• Like 1

enoonmai

Ur residence address can be different that you mailing address and you can still use a US bank also just have to let them know where you liveing Use a states side mail forwarding company to get your mail or read on line. When the forms come . In then you know to go on line download them send to the address on the correspondence why risk your money!!!!

I didn't know that, I'll make the change. It might also be used as part of proving foreign residence to opt out of Obamacare. Appreciate the info, thanks.

tonny

OK guys got both forms the other day so if you not get soon download off the web, i send one back to SS Administration Po Box 7162 and daughters to PO Box 7161 Wilkes Barre PA. 18767 - 7162 or 7161 as to the form your sending then i fax one to the, (In order to send us a fax, you will need to supply us with the Social Security Number you are inquiring about, your full name, address and a phone number where you can be reached. Please be as specific as possible in explaining the reason for your inquiry. The reason for your inquiry should be in English. If you do not have a Social Security Number, you cannot use our fax process. The following number can be used to fax material to us: 1-877-385-0645 ))))))

International Operations also a new fax number this year i ask them to forward on as bad mail service,here then send the one they send to me by Air mail that way i get a return recite from PH post office,coming back to me. Good Luck Tonny

Edited by tonny

enoonmai

OK guys got both forms the other day so if you not get soon download off the web, i send one back to SS Administration Po Box 7162 and daughters to PO Box 7161 Wilkes Barre PA. 18767 - 7162 or 7161 as to the form your sending then i fax one to the, (In order to send us a fax, you will need to supply us with the Social Security Number you are inquiring about, your full name, address and a phone number where you can be reached. Please be as specific as possible in explaining the reason for your inquiry. The reason for your inquiry should be in English. If you do not have a Social Security Number, you cannot use our fax process. The following number can be used to fax material to us: 1-877-385-0645 ))))))

International Operations also a new fax number this year i ask them to forward on as bad mail service,here then send the one they send to me by Air mail that way i get a return recite from PH post office,coming back to me. Good Luck Tonny

I appreciate the information. If it wasn't for the fact that we are expecting a child I would leave my address exactly the way it is, with a mail-forwarding service and street address in the US because the situation with the mail here is beyond ridiculous. But that's not going to fly if I want SS benefits for the child. Anyway, thanks.