Illegal aliens told: Come out and legalize your stay

jtmwatchbiz

Work out a plan .... like a guy has 850 a month so just how much can he afford to pay ? I just dont see it... any plan is going to include paying money ,,, ,,,,,,,,

well if this is the same ONE guy you mentioned before, he may have to miss out on a few of those drinks now wouldn't you think?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jtmwatchbiz

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

• Skywalker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Am I the only one thinking, if they can't afford the fee's they shouldn't actually be here?

good for you and i am just so excited you found your sweet spot.... i guess i place a different spin on the two lifestyles... retired and starting over ... i have already did the mac and cheese life

thanks once again guenther for providing useful information to the many expats here in cebu. now, since you're in such a useful mood, i'll take a large with cheese and pepperoni.

smokey

What planet do you live on smokey?

You land at the airport, and GET A BUS! You find a ROOM TO RENT. Buying a car? Dear me. Have you never been poor?

Seriously life is as expensive as you make it. The locals live very cheaply here, I live a more comfortable life, for a little more money. But at the end of the day, I rent a cheap room, I certainly don't have a car, I take jeepneys. There are plenty of places for cheap entertainment. I certainly don't throw money at sex workers, and live incredibly easily on $1000 a month.

good for you and i am just so excited you found your sweet spot.... i guess i place a different spin on the two lifestyles... retired and starting over ... i have already did the mac and cheese lifestyle while it was exciting it grew old for me.... after all i worked a good 35 years to live the way i want and sorry but i dont feel guilty living good...

• Like 4
smokey

well if this is the same ONE guy you mentioned before, he may have to miss out on a few of those drinks now wouldn't you think?

well as your so worried about him maybe you can hook him up with some part time work or better yet rent him a room

smokey

well that's that....forget Bi and just be a fugitive as you know ONE guy who does that.

please dont get so self rightness i am sure you meet a few guys once in a while yourself that are not pure as the driven snow..

jtmwatchbiz

well as your so worried about him maybe you can hook him up with some part time work or better yet rent him a room

ummm...where did i say i was worried about him? i believe YOU are the one who knows him, is making excuses why he shouldn't pay his fair share to stay here legally, so feel free to hook him up all you like.

jtmwatchbiz

please dont get so self rightness i am sure you meet a few guys once in a while yourself that are not pure as the driven snow..

no problem and i'm not at all self-righteous (i believe that is what you meant?). i merely think your one example is not just cause to avoid becoming legal.

WONINTWO
thanks once again

Do you see anything contradictory in the article? It says that there are 200,000 foreigners in the country w/visas and the aim of the 'program' is to 'get an approximate ,if not exact,number so they can make programs to serve the needs of the foreigners.".RIGHT,OK!!!! SURE!!!!

Thats that B.S. right there,they said they already know that 200,000 are here,so there goes that ....Anyway I do not think there are too many people sneaking into the Philippines.Some already here hit tough times and do not want to surface as they do not trust the government.AND when the govm't. make such a statement as pointed out above(what programs are they going to come up with?They have the single worst retiree program of any country that has one that I have ever looked into) I can not blame them.One post in this thread said that it is resented that some over-stayers take advantage of what is available and from what I see the only thing that any foreigner who does not comply w/legal visa status is just not paying $65/month to stay,that is about it,no?

I could be wrong but I think the cash strapped government is just looking for a way to entice some people to step forward and pay up as they need the money.They have it pretty well figured out how many people are here.

jtmwatchbiz

Do you see anything contradictory in the article? It says that there are 200,000 foreigners in the country w/visas and the aim of the 'program' is to 'get an approximate ,if not exact,number so they can make programs to serve the needs of the foreigners.".RIGHT,OK!!!! SURE!!!!

Thats that B.S. right there,they said they already know that 200,000 are here,so there goes that ....Anyway I do not think there are too many people sneaking into the Philippines.Some already here hit tough times and do not want to surface as they do not trust the government.AND when the govm't. make such a statement as pointed out above(what programs are they going to come up with?They have the single worst retiree program of any country that has one that I have ever looked into) I can not blame them.One post in this thread said that it is resented that some over-stayers take advantage of what is available and from what I see the only thing that any foreigner who does not comply w/legal visa status is just not paying $65/month to stay,that is about it,no?

I could be wrong but I think the cash strapped government is just looking for a way to entice some people to step forward and pay up as they need the money.They have it pretty well figured out how many people are here.

i don't know what your point is actually, but the article guenther posted is quite clear. the goal is the BI wants to help foreigners who have found themselves over staying to become legit and in compliance.

Stranded Shipscook

thanks once again guenther for providing useful information to the many expats here in cebu. now, since you're in such a useful mood, i'll take a large with cheese and pepperoni. :)

First you gotta send me the money for it - 170 peso take out price.

• Like 2
Stranded Shipscook

Whats wrong with people giving a chance to become "legal" Aliens ? if anyone can understand the problem of this, then its the Philippinos which are having the same problem in so many countries.

Its not a crime to be "overstayed" or trying to come in as an "illegal entry". The Philippines copied the US laws in that matter. In fact, the original Immigration Laws from 1936 were carboned from US laws. nd they haven't chaged that much, mostly actually they were amended when the US amended theirs.

if one pays the according fines, he is clean as a whistle again.

Btw- the Registration of foreigners is ongoing, last week the PNP came to my house and asked for I card and Passport Nbr. in that matter. Also in other known expat residences. And usually the PNP "knows" their local clientle.

Last Year they also came, but that was for the Provicial Government, which was making a database.

becbec2012

another reason why i,ll never sell my house back home its nice to have a safety net if anything goes wrong here .too many people sell up lock stock and barrel without thinking about WHAT IF .thats why there are quite a few expats finding themselves in a mess once they get cleaned out and no other way to earn an income .

• Like 1
MattFromGA
from what I see the only thing that any foreigner who does not comply w/legal visa status is just not paying $65/month to stay,that is about it,no?

That is true for the first year, but then you have to do a visa run. That is the time many become behind. That first year, paying the few hundred pesos every 2 months is fine. Then they say you need to go, which involves more money for flight and exit clearance. At that point it becomes easier to just avoid BOI and forget about it.

For all the Filipinos who overstay their visas in other countries, the Philippines should be a little forgiving, especially to Americans where there are many more over staying Filipinos than there are overstaying Americans in the Philippines.

I'd love to see an exchange program. If an overstaying American can hook up with an overstaying Filipino in the USA, they should be able to cancel each other out. How can someone bitch and moan about an overstaying Filipino in America taking their f'n job when there is a partnered American in the Philippines?

Edited by MattFromGA
  • Like 2
Stranded Shipscook

That is true for the first year, but then you have to do a visa run. That is the time many become behind. That first year, paying the few hundred pesos every 2 months is fine. Then they say you need to go, which involves more money for flight and exit clearance. At that point it becomes easier to just avoid BOI and forget about it.

For all the Filipinos who overstay their visas in other countries, the Philippines should be a little forgiving, especially to Americans where there are many more over staying Filipinos than there are overstaying Americans in the Philippines.

I'd love to see an exchange program. If an overstaying American can hook up with an overstaying Filipino in the USA, they should be able to cancel each other out. How can someone bitch and moan about an overstaying Filipino in America taking their f'n job when there is a partnered American in the Philippines?

I think Obama did something like that, but with a huge imbalance towards immigrants INTO the US.

(oops, i said the O.. word)

However, the topic is actually about that. The Philippine Immigration invites people to make their stay legal. Paying is part of it, the job finding a bit more problematic, who could pay the penalties and outstanding fees wth a local salary?

i know two blokes in the province who cant afford to pay any fines etc. they live day to day. one sells veges in a little store and has been here nearly 30yrs. He fought in wars for australia and gets no income support from the aussie government. hes one who sold up and moved here and landed on his arse. sleeps on a 2" mattress on the floor and has a wife and 3 kids in school. just like a local.

the other guy was hiring out trikes about 15yrs ago and one of his renters hit a kid and killed him. he lost all his bikes in the court process etc, as he was the owner and the bikes were in his name (despite his rider being drunk), . he now has a sari sari store and is poor as can be, and also has no foreign income.

I'm pretty sure these two examples wont be enthused by going to the BI and hoping for compassion. they seem happy enough doing what theyre doing though...

Edited by hypoman
smokey

well there is a simple way to stop that ..... only one visitors visa allowed say 6 months after that its acr or get out... this extending over and over and over is just a money trail who visits for 10 years? and have all people who enter give a location they will be staying at and who they are visiting , most of the people i meet that are staying without visa either are really heavy drinkers .. or lost their money due to little head in charge of big head....

• Like 2