Wombat's Cafe to remain open... Business as per usual

Wombat No More

One thing I thought of if you have it or are willing to build it is a seperate room for meetings, clubs wedding receptions etc. It's been mentioned that there's a lot of advertising for your place within LinC forums and I mentioned that a lot of members don't live near Wombats. I noticed though (but can no longer find the links) that there are a lot of clubs, service organizations and special interest groups within LinC. Don't these groups need a place to meet? Wouldn't it be great to have a whole group of people to meet at your place for breakfast, lunch or dinner on a regular basis? I've seen in other restaurants that service clubs like Kiwanis International and The Lions Club meet regularly in the same restaurant.

Actually, that's a good idea. I have two areas down under the cafe floor, each about 5 metres X 9 metres, with a toilet down as well. They are still being finished but with the idea to rent them out. Although I was going to make my school of Ju Jutsu in one, my latest excursion with depression has seen me go sour on the idea, and it wouldn't make a cent anyway. I think a visit to various clubs and organisations, including Govt., once the building works are finished, might be a goer. Put a large whiteboard in, hanging spaces for organisation banners etc. Plenty of parking already out back and next to the cafe and all the cafe/game facilities right over there head when they finish their activities. Put a signboard outside the entrance door of all the organisations that use the place for meetings on their particular day of the month etc, with their contact phone number....

Just as long as you don't put one on Faluangos Ferrari! :lol:

I can rugby glue it to his drivers door? He might have to live with it then.
  • Like 2
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wombat No More

• tomaw

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife Epe is/has finally taken over the running of Wombat's Womb Cafe'.   So, menu's as normal, free pool table and Cable TV also.   Seeya in Lapu Lapu folks... 09099 449 198

if theres a refrigerator i'll go there and take it

Phil, let me know if there are other posts that need to be deleted.   Oh, people get back on topic or I will ban you from this thread.   People acting like a bunch of fecking kids is uncalled for.

Posted Images

Wombat No More

Good safe parking is a big win!!

My two building workers, close relatives of my wife, live right next to the carpark in a "garden shed" type 'house'... So there are eyes right there at night. And during the day there is no problem at all with the number of people walking past. Besides this, I have two infra red cameras stationed high and unaccessable, continually recording for added security, with a link to the front entrace cafe guard on his monitor. There is also a camera looking down most of the length of the concrete footpath down the side of the entire building from the carpark. Plus, all the locals are aware of the cameras and can see the red circle of lights around the lens at night...
  • Like 2
I have two areas down under the cafe floor, each about 5 metres X 9 metres, with a toilet down as well. They are still being finished but with the idea to rent them out.

I think I would make that my top priority Phil...........those areas are perfect for visitors looking for short term stays......21 days to 59 days or so. There are always guys posting for short term. You have all the pieces in place, cable, phone, internet, security, food and drink. Make them inclusive of all utilities, maybe even a free breakfast. Monthly meetings of clubs are great.........but that means increased overhead for staff to service large groups. Plus your net profit margins are very low in food. Rent is almost all profit considering you basically have the essentials in place. Those two spaces will net you more profit even if only rented 1/3 the time compared to your food operations annual net profit!

This would be a lot better on your aching joints compared to a Ju Jitsu School not to mention your wallet!

Cool! We will make sure to visit when we are down next month. Good luck and God bless.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

Well, actually I agree with you. I was trying to think of ways to get the flyer out and get the restaurant out in front of people, but that probably wasn't the best idea. I thought about having somebody just handing the flyers out at malls, but that irritates a lot of people too. On the other hand, people might appreciate getting a flyer for something they might actually want instead of the usual condo sales flyers. Maybe you have some other ideas on how to get the word out. Your thought about the board at the entrance gate is good. Any more ideas?

Use the internet, google different terms with the words "inexpensive" and "cheap" added and you will find a lot of free resources/ideas to use.

It isn't that I don't want to help, I really do, but things just piled up on me and I am going to have to attend to those for a few days again.

I can try to concentrate on something later though if that would help, but I really think you guys have most of it covered.

Brucewayne

I THINK A GOOD SOURCE OF ADVERTISING SPACE IS THOSE ON THE BACK OF THE TRICYCLES .THERE IS THOUSANDS OF THEM MOST OF THEM HAVE NO ADVERTS ON THE BACK .

Great idea, pay a few local only drivers who do the resort area.

It is vacation time right now and the tourists are already showing up.

Get on the ball and do it now.

I bet they will carry an ad for about P200 per month per tricycle, maybe less.

• Like 2
Brucewayne
Just as long as you don't put one on Faluangos Ferrari! I can rugby glue it to his drivers door? He might have to live with it then.

I didn't know scooters had doors?

Brucewayne

I think I would make that my top priority Phil...........those areas are perfect for visitors looking for short term stays......21 days to 59 days or so. There are always guys posting for short term. You have all the pieces in place, cable, phone, internet, security, food and drink. Make them inclusive of all utilities, maybe even a free breakfast. Monthly meetings of clubs are great.........but that means increased overhead for staff to service large groups. Plus your net profit margins are very low in food. Rent is almost all profit considering you basically have the essentials in place. Those two spaces will net you more profit even if only rented 1/3 the time compared to your food operations annual net profit!

This would be a lot better on your aching joints compared to a Ju Jitsu School not to mention your wallet!

Another plus, run an ad in http://cebuclassifieds.com to rent those beauties and make sure to tell folks that the rooms/apartments are at Wombat's Womb and you will not only receive another free plug, but you will also have a captive audience who will spread the word by telling other where they are staying (or had stayed while here).

Word gets out Phil.

The old saying "Build it and they will come" is bullshit.

It should be "Build it where it can be found, tell them what it is and where it is and they will come".

• Like 1
batman2525
My wife Epe is/has finally taken over the running of Wombat's Womb Cafe'. So, menu's as normal, free pool table and Cable TV also. Seeya in Lapu Lapu folks... 09099 449 198

Now...thats more like it.

batman2525
Wombat's Womb Cafe

Just a little bit of constructive criticism....Im sorry,but I would change the name...what about just ...Wombats (something),just take the womb out.

I havent seen your place...perhaps you already have signage in place etc...??

• Like 4
batman2525

What about coming up with a special type meals like they do on the MAN V FOOD programs...you know...one of those huge meals.....if they can finish it they dont pay...if they cant finish...they pay.

Alfred E. Neuman

Okay mate, will all the fellow LinC members' reviews about your cafe still the same? I'll finally go there in a few days and I want to make sure it's not a bbq stand...

Alfred E. Neuman

Just a little bit of constructive criticism....Im sorry,but I would change the name...what about just ...Wombats (something),just take the womb out.

I havent seen your place...perhaps you already have signage in place etc...??

I concur, the word "Womb" makes me think of pregnancy/responsibility/seriousness...

KeithAngel

Womb is the term used to describe the sound hippo flatulance makes under water ;)