Wombat's Cafe to remain open... Business as per usual

Topper

Phil, just a thought. The other day when I was at a restaurant they put a flyer inside the menu advertising another place (not another restaurant). My thoughts are why not reverse that idea and advertise your restaurant in Hotels, stores and other non-restaurant establishments. You never know, it just might work.

• Like 1
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wombat No More

• tomaw

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife Epe is/has finally taken over the running of Wombat's Womb Cafe'.   So, menu's as normal, free pool table and Cable TV also.   Seeya in Lapu Lapu folks... 09099 449 198

if theres a refrigerator i'll go there and take it

Phil, let me know if there are other posts that need to be deleted.   Oh, people get back on topic or I will ban you from this thread.   People acting like a bunch of fecking kids is uncalled for.

Posted Images

Well mate, I've peeked at your last two posts and all I can say in answer is that, all I can smell here is yummy tucker (food).

wombat forever?

• Like 1
Davaoeno

if theres a refrigerator i'll go there and take it

If only he was joking !! :banghead:

:P :P

• Like 3
smokey

If only he was joking !! :banghead:

:P :P

if he pays for a meal he is allowed to take the chair its an un written law in his all good in the land of the cold

• Like 2
Headshot

Don't be putting flyers on cars!

It irritates the owners to no end and besides, here most of the car alarms are so sensitive, you would probably start a racket that you didn't intend to start.

Personally, I hate people who put things on my car or otherwise mess with it and I have raised Hell with them for it in the states on the occasions I saw them doing so.

Not a good ploy to possibly piss off a possible potential customer.

Oh, and at the gated communities, they may not allow fliers to be passed out, but I have seen some that allow you to post to a board at the entrance for the tenants to see what amenities are in the neighborhood.

Well, actually I agree with you. I was trying to think of ways to get the flyer out and get the restaurant out in front of people, but that probably wasn't the best idea. I thought about having somebody just handing the flyers out at malls, but that irritates a lot of people too. On the other hand, people might appreciate getting a flyer for something they might actually want instead of the usual condo sales flyers. Maybe you have some other ideas on how to get the word out. Your thought about the board at the entrance gate is good. Any more ideas?

Edited by Headshot
smokey

Well, actually I agree with you. I was trying to think of ways to get the flyer out and get the restaurant out in front of people, but that probably wasn't the best idea. I thought about having somebody just handing the flyers out at malls, but that irritates a lot of people too. On the other hand, people might appreciate getting a flyer for something they might actually want instead of the usual condo sales flyers. Maybe you have some other ideas on how to get the word out. Your thought about the board at the entrance gate is good. Any more ideas?

maybe a flyier with a coupon like 15% off on a pizza but no price of the pizza and a map on the back... . and a phone number if lost

• Like 3
Headshot

.......... True, but maybe not the most effective. A lot of LinC members live too far from Wombats to be regulars. A lot of us don't even live in The Philippines.

And a lot of us simply got off the roller coaster when Phil's wife pulled the plug. Many people are will help however they can with a project like this as long as there is hope that it will succeed, but once the hope is gone, what's the point? I don't think this was an advertising ploy by Phil. If it was, it was disasterous. Businesses that use "closing" as an advertising gimick usually have sales to unload unwanted inventory. I certainly didn't see that here. I just think that the owner needed a reality check and she got it. Now, if the owner can operate it as a business, it will eventually succeed. Otherwise...

• Like 2
Davaoeno

a sign that is not unknown in Canada [ usually on discount store windows]

GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS!!

• Like 1
smokey

a sign that is not unknown in Canada [ usually on discount store windows]

GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS!!

going out of business last 3 days .................. this sign was on a furniture store for over 2 years even the sign was faded everyone comes in thinking its a cheap sale

dc3driver

Don't be putting flyers on cars!

It irritates the owners to no end and besides, here most of the car alarms are so sensitive, you would probably start a racket that you didn't intend to start.

Personally, I hate people who put things on my car or otherwise mess with it and I have raised Hell with them for it in the states on the occasions I saw them doing so.

Not a good ploy to possibly piss off a possible potential customer.

Oh, and at the gated communities, they may not allow fliers to be passed out, but I have seen some that allow you to post to a board at the entrance for the tenants to see what amenities are in the neighborhood.

Flyers on cars is pretty common here, I get them on mine just about any time I go to a mall. Most people here won't get upset, they are used to it.

• Like 1
tomaw

maybe a flyier with a coupon like 15% off on a pizza but no price of the pizza and a map on the back... . and a phone number if lost

...........Actually coupons are simular to a flyer only smaller. I use them all the time. Polio Loco, Arby's, various take out pizzas, they are very common where I live. They work on me and my wife all the time.
Davaoeno

...........Actually coupons are simular to a flyer only smaller. I use them all the time. Polio Loco, Arby's, various take out pizzas, they are very common where I live. They work on me and my wife all the time.

and your favourite tv show is ???

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/extreme-couponing/videos/season-2-videos.htm

tomaw

One thing I thought of if you have it or are willing to build it is a seperate room for meetings, clubs wedding receptions etc. It's been mentioned that there's a lot of advertising for your place within LinC forums and I mentioned that a lot of members don't live near Wombats. I noticed though (but can no longer find the links) that there are a lot of clubs, service organizations and special interest groups within LinC. Don't these groups need a place to meet? Wouldn't it be great to have a whole group of people to meet at your place for breakfast, lunch or dinner on a regular basis? I've seen in other restaurants that service clubs like Kiwanis International and The Lions Club meet regularly in the same restaurant.

• Like 2
lazydays

Flyers on cars is pretty common here, I get them on mine just about any time I go to a mall. Most people here won't get upset, they are used to it.

Just as long as you don't put one on Faluangos Ferrari! :lol:

becbec2012

I THINK A GOOD SOURCE OF ADVERTISING SPACE IS THOSE ON THE BACK OF THE TRICYCLES .THERE IS THOUSANDS OF THEM MOST OF THEM HAVE NO ADVERTS ON THE BACK .