• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brucewayne

• Wombat No More

• tomaw

• smokey

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My wife Epe is/has finally taken over the running of Wombat's Womb Cafe'.   So, menu's as normal, free pool table and Cable TV also.   Seeya in Lapu Lapu folks... 09099 449 198

if theres a refrigerator i'll go there and take it

Phil, let me know if there are other posts that need to be deleted.   Oh, people get back on topic or I will ban you from this thread.   People acting like a bunch of fecking kids is uncalled for.

Posted Images

Headshot

I am sure that I am not the only person here that thought you had a winning formula that just needed some "tweaking" and TIME, to show its real potential.

There are thousands of places to buy Filipino food, but a mix of Oz, European, American, plus some Filipino items gives you the edge on most places.

(To those that say, people only buy food they are familiar with, I say, just look at the number of Chinese restaurants that are not in China!)

Actually, it's difficult to find what Westerners consider a "good" Chinese restaurant in China. I was amazed at the long lines at McDonalds in Hong Kong for breakfast meals. And it was pretty much all Chinese in the line.

spritsail

Another five years of whinging ? talk about effng Whinging Poms

• Like 1
shadow

Good on ya, Mate. We'll be there one day.

Larry in Dumaguete

tomaw

I am sure that I am not the only person here that thought you had a winning formula that just needed some "tweaking" and TIME, to show its real potential.

There are thousands of places to buy Filipino food, but a mix of Oz, European, American, plus some Filipino items gives you the edge on most places.

(To those that say, people only buy food they are familiar with, I say, just look at the number of Chinese restaurants that are not in China!)

.......... I totally agree with everything you just said. Getting a good steak in Cebu is probably not easy to find. Getting one that is flown in fresh from Australia is probably unheard of!
Headshot

Well Phil, now that your wife has taken the reigns as General Manager, I hope you will take you job as Advertising Manager seriously.

Start getting the word out to all of the resorts on Mactan that Wombat's Womb exists and is a great place where their customers can eat when they want to go out. I believe that the chance of your success will depend more on how many customers you can attract from the resorts than anything else you can do. Be good to the concierges. Give them a coupon for a free meal or something to get them in to see for themselves. Or just take them lunch when you go to visit them at the resorts.

Of course, you need to get the restaurant's name out to people living on Mactan too. Windshield wiper flyers (put on cars at the malls) might help or maybe if security guards at gated communities were allowed to hand out flyers to residents (I'm not sure it would be permitted, but maybe. Big flyer that you can glue up on power poles will also put the name into people's minds, but they need to be simple enough for people to read as they drive by. Just get the restaurant name, location and phone number out there in front of people. Good luck buddy. I'll see you next time I come in.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 4
Wombat No More

Will you be showing Wimbledon Phil? It will start at around this time every day it's on........If so, I will be camping out in your place for a while LOL

If it's on normal cable TV channels, and you're there, I'll make sure it's on for you, except on Aussie football times, friday nights at about 9pm and about 10pm saturdays.

Hmmm… WombatAgain? WombatReborn? BornAgainWombat? WombatRenovo? WombatRenaissance? Re-Wombat? WombatAdventus?

:coffee:

NB: ReturnofWombat, RevengeofWombat, Wombat’sRevenge...

Or maybe... "Not effing Wombat Again?"
  • Like 1

Hmmm… WombatAgain? WombatReborn? BornAgainWombat? WombatRenovo? WombatRenaissance? Re-Wombat? WombatAdventus?

:coffee:

NB: ReturnofWombat, RevengeofWombat, Wombat’sRevenge...

How about *WombatAsUsual*
  • Like 1
Brucewayne

Well Phil, now that your wife has taken the reigns as General Manager, I hope you will take you job as Advertising Manager seriously.

Start getting the word out to all of the resorts on Mactan that Wombat's Womb exists and is a great place where their customers can eat when they want to go out. I believe that the chance of your success will depend more on how many customers you can attract from the resorts than anything else you can do. Be good to the concierges. Give them a coupon for a free meal or something to get them in to see for themselves. Or just take them lunch when you go to visit them at the resorts.

Of course, you need to get the restaurant's name out to people living on Mactan too. Windshield wiper flyers (put on cars at the malls) might help or maybe if security guards at gated communities were allowed to hand out flyers to residents (I'm not sure it would be permitted, but maybe. Big flyer that you can glue up on power poles will also put the name into people's minds, but they need to be simple enough for people to read as they drive by. Just get the restaurant name, location and phone number out there in front of people. Good luck buddy. I'll see you next time I come in.

Don't be putting flyers on cars!

It irritates the owners to no end and besides, here most of the car alarms are so sensitive, you would probably start a racket that you didn't intend to start.

Personally, I hate people who put things on my car or otherwise mess with it and I have raised Hell with them for it in the states on the occasions I saw them doing so.

Not a good ploy to possibly piss off a possible potential customer.

Oh, and at the gated communities, they may not allow fliers to be passed out, but I have seen some that allow you to post to a board at the entrance for the tenants to see what amenities are in the neighborhood.

Edited by Brucewayne
  • Like 2
Edwin
Don't be putting flyers on cars! It irritates the owners to no end

It irritates you, not the people who recommended it or the people who appreciate these things. I have never been the least bit annoyed by flyers on my car and have used the products and services of the "little guy" who takes the extra step to promote his business this way, especially if it is a lunch menu with a daily special.

Personally, I hate people who put things on my car or otherwise mess with it and I have raised Hell with them for it in the states on the occasions I saw them doing so.

It sounds like advertising that is so effective you remember from it years ago and it still stirs your emotions. You state a strong case for putting flyers on cars.

• Like 1
Brucewayne

It irritates you, not the people who recommended it or the people who appreciate these things. I have never been the least bit annoyed by flyers on my car and have used the products and services of the "little guy" who takes the extra step to promote his business this way, especially if it is a lunch menu with a daily special.

It sounds like advertising that is so effective you remember from it years ago and it still stirs your emotions. You state a strong case for putting flyers on cars.

Sure, the fliers are wadded up, thrown on the ground and never read, how does that help you advertise?

Look at Walmart parking lots, they are littered with those scraps of paper that very few people read and more than a few of them are wadded up which tells me that the people must have been a bit teed off as well.

I was taught not to touch other people's things and especially not their cars.

Do like Filipinos do and pass them out, you won't waste so many of them on those who simply are not interested.

Also, guards at stores will be on you like flies on stink if they catch you putting fliers on cars in their lots.

• Like 1
tomaw

This is the best free advertising campaign that I have witnessed :violin:

.......... True, but maybe not the most effective. A lot of LinC members live too far from Wombats to be regulars. A lot of us don't even live in The Philippines.
  • Like 2

My wife Epe is/has finally taken over the running of Wombat's Womb Cafe'.

So, menu's as normal, free pool table and Cable TV also.

Seeya in Lapu Lapu folks... 09099 449 198

congratulations