Can it be true, BDO Mastercard Debit card?

Bob Ward

Yes I have my new BDO International ATM - MasterCard Electronic ATM card and it will work as most other cards from the west do!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• JLG

• Daisy

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

This card look interesting to me. Is BDO a good bank to open an account with as a foreigner? Will I have any issues doing so on a tourist visa with no address in the Philippines?

Possibly technicaly you have to be a resident to open an account. Unless you know somebody.

so true......they wanted my inside leg ...until i recognised somone ...and suddenly i was all signed up ..and i didnt even need to show my id......

but if i had to do it thro normal channels bdo need an aci card....and thats a real pain to get... i think pci didnt care for one but i didnt want to join that bank.

Bob Ward
i think pci didnt care for one but i didnt want to join that bank.

But now thay are the same bank so you will be ok either way!

i think pci didnt care for one but i didnt want to join that bank.

But now thay are the same bank so you will be ok either way!

Good thing I didn't hold my breath, got the card, like others its just a glorified ATM card, looks real, feels real, but aint real,

Tried the card on PAL.com , took my money but never received tickets, when I contacted PAL they told met they had to research it and get back to me in 4-6 weeks. LMFOA business as usual.

Contacted BDO, almost impossible to find anyone who knows anything, finally the answer I received was they haven't implemented the full service, and asked if I wanted a credit card at some outrageous interest rate.

• 1 month later...
Yes I have my new BDO International ATM - MasterCard Electronic ATM card and it will work as most other cards from the west do!

Hi Bob!

Just don't make a mistake of purchasing an online ticket for Cebu Pacific! It will definitely give you an unwanted stress...Here's my own experience...

Cebu Pacific Airline Operations Center, Domestic Airport Road,Pasay City 1301 Philippines

TIN Number: 000-948-229-000

Thank you for your booking request. We are processing your payment and we will be sending your itinerary as soon as we receive response from our payment gateway. You may also check the status of your booking through our website - www.cebupacificair.com or click here.

and then few minutes after, here's another email I got from them!

Cebu Pacific Airline Operations Center, Domestic Airport Road,Pasay City 1301 Philippines

TIN Number: 000-948-229-000

NOTE :

Thank you for using our website. Unfortunately there was a problem with the credit card details supplied and your booking has not been confirmed. Please make a new booking on Cebupacificair.com and use a different credit card, or contact the Call Center at +632 7020 888. Thank you.

There could have been no problem if when I went to my Bank, the same amount was not taken from my account! When I "stormed" at their CP office here in CDO, they conveniently told me, it's not their concern because they are just a travel agent of Cebu Pacific and that I should call the Manila or Cebu Office! I called the number, and was answered by a machine advising me to send them email...I did, as of this writing no reply yet!!

Here's another information I gather from one of the travel agency...BDO card is not acceptable to Cebu Pacific or any of their businesses. I remember also one time Robinson's will not accept it!!! I don't care about it then because they don't get my money yet but now, it's a different story!

Isolated case or not, please just be careful guys that you will not experience what I have experienced. Or if anybody have the same experience, share it with me because I surely not sleep on this... :lol: I will just use it as reference but take my word, I will not be using any of your names.

Thanks

Edited by Daisy
Bob Ward

CP just has issues with Credit cards of any kind. I will use them again, but only with buying my tickets in person. Their online system is not reliable.

On the BDO Mastercard Electronic, it's still pretty new for them and not all merchants are on board yet. But it's getting better!

Paul

Bill, a member here, posted this on his group today:

GREAT NEWS for many people who have had problems booking on-line with their USA/Europe/Canada/Australia issued credit cards- I just booked two great promos, one way Kalibo ( Boracay ) to Manila for P1700 (U$40) each the day before departure and Manila to Legaspi ( Mayon Volcano / Donsol Whale Sharks )one way for P1300+( U$30+ )each 3 days prior to departure with Cebu Pacific Airlines On-Line when I noticed their Booking engine has been changed to Improved Security and enable paying with credit cards issued abroad. http://www.cebupacificair.com

Happy Travels Bill and Lorna

GREAT NEWS for many people who have had problems booking on-line with their USA/Europe/Canada/Australia issued credit cards- I just booked two great promos, one way Kalibo ( Boracay ) to Manila for P1700 (U$40) each the day before departure and Manila to Legaspi ( Mayon Volcano / Donsol Whale Sharks )one way for P1300+( U$30+ )each 3 days prior to departure with Cebu Pacific Airlines On-Line when I noticed their Booking engine has been changed to Improved Security and enable paying with credit cards issued abroad. http://www.cebupacificair.com

Yes, it's really convenient but I've heard from the Cebu Pacific ticketing office this afternoon that their Central Office will not accept Banco de Oro cards online...haayyy! It is now SM VS Robinsons :thats-funny:

I am still pissed with them for getting my money online and no reply yet until now but still I bought another ticket from them over the counter!!! just because it's cheaper by few hundreds!!!! :lmao:

BTW, the price, same day is

online Php 2,997.00

OTC 2,674.00 CDO-Mla.

Edited by Daisy

Yes, it's really convenient but I've heard from the Cebu Pacific ticketing office this afternoon that their Central Office will not accept Banco de Oro cards online...haayyy! It is now SM VS Robinsons :D

I am still pissed with them for getting my money online and no reply yet until now but still I bought another ticket from them over the counter!!! just because it's cheaper by few hundreds!!!! :D

online Php 2,997.00

OTC 2,674.00 CDO-Mla.

It's my understanding that this is a pixxxxx contest between the 2nd richest family in the Philipines that owns the BDO chain and whoever owns CP . Meantime customer gets short end of the stick because of Filipino/Spanish mentality . I am suprised at folks having trouble with us based cards however as i never encountered that but then i haven't had one recently . What i do encounter however is difficulty in getting things shipped to the Philippines from abroad and acceptance of philippine issued cards . Wonder why that is ?? :lol:

Alan

Yes, it's really convenient but I've heard from the Cebu Pacific ticketing office this afternoon that their Central Office will not accept Banco de Oro cards online...haayyy! It is now SM VS Robinsons :D

I am still pissed with them for getting my money online and no reply yet until now but still I bought another ticket from them over the counter!!! just because it's cheaper by few hundreds!!!! :D

online Php 2,997.00

OTC 2,674.00 CDO-Mla.

It's my understanding that this is a pixxxxx contest between the 2nd richest family in the Philipines that owns the BDO chain and whoever owns CP . Meantime customer gets short end of the stick because of Filipino/Spanish mentality . I am suprised at folks having trouble with us based cards however as i never encountered that but then i haven't had one recently . What i do encounter however is difficulty in getting things shipped to the Philippines from abroad and acceptance of philippine issued cards . Wonder why that is ?? :lol:

Alan

I wonder if they will accept the NPA MasterCard?? Screw BDO they don't carry M-16's

• 1 month later...

I went into a worthless BDO branch, THE MAIN MAKATI BDO, you

Edited by JLG

This story sure is taking a long time to unfold. :P Maybe in three months we can hear what's the next.

Anyone have any luck opening up an account on just tourist or bb visa?

• Admin (Retired)
broden
I went into a worthless BDO branch, THE MAIN MAKATI BDO, you