Can it be true, BDO Mastercard Debit card?

I have gone round and round with Equitable STUPID, atm card that is basically useless, for all but ATM withdraws.

they always try to sell me on their 36% APR MasterCard or visa CRAP, I tell them I don't want to help the owner of the bank get filthy rich off of his thieving rates, so forget it , I want a VISA or MC debit card,

For Three reasons,

1. I HATE CREDIT

2. I don't need credit.

3.I watch my wives eyes LIGHT UP with grand ideas the first time I handed her a USA ISSUED VISA card of her own,

then I explained to her its NOT what you think its a DEBIT CARD, the look on her face was priceless, 'PUN INTEDNED" when I told her its empty until you earn money to put into it!

All I want is to be able to buy airline tickets online and pay for my expenses when I travel around the PI, in pesos , with a DEBIT card.

So I found this, Anyone have one and can it be true, pinch me? now in the Philippines there is always a "but" so I ask you fellow LINCeb members what are the "BUTTS"

BDO International ATM Card

Withdraw, shop and entertain here and abroad. The first MasterCard Electronic ATM Card in the Philippines.

With the new BDO International ATM Card, one can access his account anywhere in the world, thus making it a perfect companion for business or leisure trip.

Worldwide Access

Withdraw Cash

- from over 1 million Cirrus Maestro ATMs in 120 countries

- from over 6,000 BDO, Bancnet, Expressnet and Megalink ATMs

Shop & Entertain

- at over millions of Maestro and Mastercard Electronic merchant locations worldwide

- at over 10,000 BDO and EN-EPS (Express Payment System) merchants

- Personal Identification Number (PIN) or sign for your transaction here and abroad

Anytime, Anywhere Transaction

BDO International ATM cardholders can access the BDO Phone Banking and BDO Internet Banking to check their account balance, transfer funds, pay bills and reload airtime/ text credits to any prepaid phone even while travelling

Perks

Earn points for BDO Rewards

Enjoy discounts/ privileges at selected establishments including SM Malls

Fees

FREE in BDO ATMs or any POS (point-of-sale) terminals

Only Php11.00 for every withdrawal at Expressnet or Megalink ATM

Only $3 for every withdrawal at Cirrus ATMs

$1 for every balance inquiry at Cirrus ATMs

Transaction Limits

Php50,000 maximum withdrawal amount or five times per day

POS purchases up to Php100,000 per day (PIN Transactions)

Up to Php5,000 for signature-based transactions

Get a BDO International ATM Card now!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bob Ward

• JLG

• Daisy

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

The MasterCard that they issue is called a MasterCard Electronic , not quite a true MasterCard Checkcard in all functionality. Kristine has had one and it was refused online several times in the past when we tried to buy plane tickets and other things. However, she was able to use it at Metro Gaisano like a true checcard recently. So their services might be getting getter. Maybe I will try it online again for a small purchase to see?

Does hers have the 3 ccv security digits on the back?

that's what we need! this one does I believe> otherwise it will not work in the USA, like it says it will.

Bob, correct me if I am wrong , from what I read this is a new one only issued since Jan 10, 2008, are we talking the same thing, I am familiar with the BDO electronic, same as the useless Equitable electron crap.

http://www.bdo.com.ph/Cards/7085.htm

Yes that's new...after BDO "take-over" PCIBank.

This card look interesting to me. Is BDO a good bank to open an account with as a foreigner? Will I have any issues doing so on a tourist visa with no address in the Philippines?

Bob, correct me if I am wrong , from what I read this is a new one only issued since Jan 10, 2008, are we talking the same thing, I am familiar with the BDO electronic, same as the useless Equitable electron crap.

http://www.bdo.com.ph/Cards/7085.htm

The card is exactly the same. The difference might be that the services they offer with the card have been updated. As I said we tried it in the past so I will check it out and see what happens now.

This card look interesting to me. Is BDO a good bank to open an account with as a foreigner? Will I have any issues doing so on a tourist visa with no address in the Philippines?

Ologist, I suggest you call this number...BDO Customer Contact Center: +63-2-631-8000

Hope this helps.

Does hers have the 3 ccv security digits on the back?

that's what we need! this one does I believe> otherwise it will not work in the USA, like it says it will.

Aside from BDO Debit Card, you might as well check out UnionBank Eon Cyber Account. We got an Eon Debit Card and it basically works/functions like a credit card. It comes along with the 3 ccv security digits on the back and I've enrolled my card with Pay Pal at the same time. The card is quite handy too. I only credit money on our card when I need to use it. lol I've made transactions using the card online with no problem and can keep track of our account online. Eon Debit Card is with Visa Electron.

http://www.unionbankph.com/content.asp?paramID=AMZZZZZZZZ

tom_shor

Possibly technicaly you have to be a resident to open an account. Unless you know somebody.

Ok Had my secretary go down to BDO and sign me up for one, according to the manager , it acts the same way my stateside Visa/MC check card does, HMMMMMM we will see, if so that is GREAT. I am not holding my breath!

Bryan

I will check on this next week since i have to update my account from the Equitable - BDO changeover & next week the eagle shxxx.. or Farxx.. in my case . Anyway , if i read between the lines correctly it may be necessary to open a new account since i do not have a bank card at present . As a sidenote , should be fun since my being the idiot that i am i made scibbles on the letter the bank sent me stating what i needed to bring in as id .. the letter being one of them .. what the hell , i just tell them the 2 yr old got hold of it. We don't have a 2 yr old but sometimes my wife says i qualify..

I resemble that remark! LOL

• 1 month later...
twostrokes
I have gone round and round with Equitable STUPID, atm card that is basically useless, for all but ATM withdraws.

they always try to sell me on their 36% APR MasterCard or visa CRAP, I tell them I don't want to help the owner of the bank get filthy rich off of his thieving rates, so forget it , I want a VISA or MC debit card,

For Three reasons,

1. I HATE CREDIT

2. I don't need credit.

3.I watch my wives eyes LIGHT UP with grand ideas the first time I handed her a USA ISSUED VISA card of her own,

then I explained to her its NOT what you think its a DEBIT CARD, the look on her face was priceless, 'PUN INTEDNED" when I told her its empty until you earn money to put into it!

All I want is to be able to buy airline tickets online and pay for my expenses when I travel around the PI, in pesos , with a DEBIT card.

So I found this, Anyone have one and can it be true, pinch me? now in the Philippines there is always a "but" so I ask you fellow LINCeb members what are the "BUTTS"

BDO International ATM Card

Withdraw, shop and entertain here and abroad. The first MasterCard Electronic ATM Card in the Philippines.

With the new BDO International ATM Card, one can access his account anywhere in the world, thus making it a perfect companion for business or leisure trip.

Worldwide Access

Withdraw Cash

- from over 1 million Cirrus Maestro ATMs in 120 countries

- from over 6,000 BDO, Bancnet, Expressnet and Megalink ATMs

Shop & Entertain

- at over millions of Maestro and Mastercard Electronic merchant locations worldwide

- at over 10,000 BDO and EN-EPS (Express Payment System) merchants

- Personal Identification Number (PIN) or sign for your transaction here and abroad

Anytime, Anywhere Transaction

BDO International ATM cardholders can access the BDO Phone Banking and BDO Internet Banking to check their account balance, transfer funds, pay bills and reload airtime/ text credits to any prepaid phone even while travelling

Perks

Earn points for BDO Rewards

Enjoy discounts/ privileges at selected establishments including SM Malls

Fees

FREE in BDO ATMs or any POS (point-of-sale) terminals

Only Php11.00 for every withdrawal at Expressnet or Megalink ATM

Only $3 for every withdrawal at Cirrus ATMs

$1 for every balance inquiry at Cirrus ATMs

Transaction Limits

Php50,000 maximum withdrawal amount or five times per day

POS purchases up to Php100,000 per day (PIN Transactions)

Up to Php5,000 for signature-based transactions

Get a BDO International ATM Card now!

bumping this thread up.....Has anyone solved the debit card situation??? It will be good info for the rest of us following it.

jim