keeping your cool...or not...

I also learned that keeping cool and not losing your temper is the best policy. Filipinos react alot better to foreigners who are patient and reserved than those who are loud and abusive.

As for the "deep down hate for foreigners" I have seen it in a few people there, and to me it just feels like an inferiority complex of some kind. Again, best to just ignore it and the people that have that attitude. Filipinos have thin skins and get insulted very easily as a general rule.

If somebody who are a guest in my contry tried to mess with me and tell me what to do and how to do in my own contry, I will beat the crap out of him.

Would you not do the same in USA

Edited by valkyria

Sorry Valk .... not allowed to do that over here .... they have more rights than we do ...... and we would end up going to jail or worst yet paying the SOB for the rest of his life for inflicting bodily harm on him ....... and the ambulance chasers would flock to his door to help him free of charge ......... :rolleyes::welcome:;):kidding:

Yes mike

I understand that, but you would want to do that. In sweden you can do that the first time without any big fine(if you put him in wheelchar for life and only get 10.000 USD fine and no prison, second time it is an totaly different thing).

I read in this forum that they do not like what they see is changing in their home contry (GB) and i agree with them. I do not like how sweden is changing because of the people moving here. I speak and travel alot in in english and german speaking contrys and I feel a changing in how the people feel and the changeing is not good.

That is why i can imagine how the PH-boys feel.(It is their contry and we are only guests)

Edited by valkyria
Paul

I agree. Although a number of foreigners who hold 13a visas disagree with me, I feel as though any and all foreigners in the Philippines, are guests. We should respect Filipinos as we would expect in our respective countries. Of course, sometimes, as in the case of this topic, we can't always avoid confrontation (to some degree) with Filipinos. I have done the same, over my years here. But, I do try to avoid it.

chimellie

It was only 50 years ago when Blacks had to sit in the back of the bus, used different bathroom....and so on.....Until we were educated on how to treat everyone the same regardless and they came out with new anti-discrimation law, but we still see in the news someone beating up on someone because of his race.

The Philippines is about 50 years behind the Western world, so i think there's maybe some racist going on there.

I always go with my brother inlaw or the neighbor friends when I go places in Cebu, I don't speak the language good enough to defend myself if there's an argument.

My 2 cents