Would you? and if so how?

spooks

Imagine you stumble over a former country club, closed now for 5 years. You remember going there probably 2 years before it closed and at that time you were amazed that a place with so much potential was quite clearly being ignored and was falling apart. The club was a non proprietory club with good sized, ie large pool, nice pool side gardens, conference rooms and kitchens. tennis courts are functional.

You know you cannot own it and leasing it is a dud as it will cost a lot to put it right.

You know from your friends and family that it used to be very very popular and busy. Usual story of neglect and lack of professional management saw its demise.

You get an opportunity to get in front of the main mover and shaker of the old club, his word is law!! what would you propose that is a win win.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• spooks

• jtmwatchbiz

• smokey

• Brucewayne

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Marriage?

Would I? Based on the scenario presented Not in this lifetime

What I imagine is/was the most impressive hotel in Davao City - sits empty , and has never opened after it was built. When I first came here 4 years ago the Durian Hotel was already sitting abandoned

jtmwatchbiz

a partnership

JamesMusslewhite

Due Diligence... Due Diligence.. Due Diligence...

if you still feel comfortable after that? then both feet in with an eye towards your back...

For Real

Would I?

Based on the scenario presented Not in this lifetime

• Like 1
Headshot

Huge risk, little chance of return on investment, more ways to lose your money than you can shake a stick at, a chance to partner with people who have already run the place into the ground once...yep, sounds like a really good investment to me.

Davaoeno

What I imagine is/was the most impressive hotel in Davao City - sits empty , and has never opened after it was built. When I first came here 4 years ago the Durian Hotel was already sitting abandoned.

I assume ? that its a matter of " I'll show you who is tougher " - but I dont really know . So there it sits, in between 2 malls, on a major artery- rotting away.

• Like 1
mikejwoodnz

Run Forest Run :killself:

spooks

Guys there are a million and one reasons not to do anything. The scenario was would you and if so how. Not I will not do because of the 1 million reasons not to. Partnership is definitely not going to be the way ahead. experience has shown that if you manage a project that last thing you need is committee meetings etc

Edited by spooks
spooks

member ship sales will be funding the project, not personal investment. No intention of allowing any of the former owners or managers to be involved in the project except as beneficiary of some of the net proceeds for use of their dilapidated facilities

Edited by spooks
jtmwatchbiz
You know you cannot own it and leasing it is a dud as it will cost a lot to put it right.

given the constraints you mentioned, then how in the world could you NOT have some sort of partnership?

spooks

Davao you are quite correct there are many like that all over. the big Coral Coast resort on Lapu lapu is a testimony to who thinks who is tougher, rumour has it the Yakusa think they are tougher!!

Edited by spooks
jtmwatchbiz

member ship sales will be funding the project, not personal investment. No intention of allowing any of the former owners or managers to be involved in the project except as beneficiary of some of the net proceeds for use of their dilapidated facilities

and that, of course a form of partnership between you and the former owners/managers don't you think?

spooks

Leasehold usually implies a set rent or lease figure, perhaps a more imaginative way would be a profit sharing leasehold etc. I have other business interest under usual lease and that is not a business partnership

Edited by spooks
spooks

I suppose i can just be an employee, yes i can as have appropriate visa etc