Sign in to follow this  
Headshot

A Negative Blood Critically Needed

Headshot

This is an email I just received from John Domingo (US Consul). I have no further information.

Dear Fellow Americans,

This is an appeal to anyone who has negative A type blood and is willing to donate for an elderly American lady who is currently confined at Chong Hua Hospital. She will be scheduled for an operation tomorrow and will possibly need this type of blood. Her name is Hazel Graham Gonzalez and her doctor is Dr. Antonio SanJuan. If you have this type blood and can help please contact Chong Hwa and leave your name and contact. Please pass this message to anyone who is not on my e-mailng list and who you think would like to help. Thank you for your support in this request and response in helping Americans in the past.

Best to all of you

John

MaKe

I have O+, which I believe is universal blood type......I would gladly donate a pint if it is acceptable to the patient!!

goggleye

I have O+, which I believe is universal blood type......I would gladly donate a pint if it is acceptable to the patient!!

I have O+ too and would be glad to donate a pint but i dont think we can - the O part is ok -we can give to anyone - but the + part is the problem Rh + a negative Rh factor person doesnt have that Rh factor present in their blood and would react to it so I dont believe we can donate to this lady as much as we might want to help her - we can recieve type O Rh + or Rh- - This lady can only recieve blood from a donor with O- blood

Nangulo

I'm A+ and compatibility one chart say I can give whole or plasma.

I have three tattoos, which may make me ineligible in this country, the last tattoo being 1981. Last US Military screening A-OK in 2005.

I won't be on Cebu until evening of 23rd. I'll give a pint then, if you still need.

PM me.

Sorry, not so fast. Another website says I'm not compatible. I'm not a doc and have no desire to figure it out. I am willing to give, though, if I'm eligible and compatible.

Edited by Nangulo

Headshot

Since I was just passing this request on as a favor to John Domingo, I really don't have any information beyond what was in the original email from John. That email requested that you contact Dr. Antonio SanJuan at Chong Hua Hospital on behalf of Hazel Graham Gonzalez (who needed the blood). This request is now a month old, and I have no updates. If you would be willing to donate if there is still a need, then I would suggest you contact Dr. SanJuan at Chong Hua Hospital. Chong Hua Hospital's phone number is 255-8000. Then ask for Dr. SanJuan's number. He could tell you if she still needs blood. Thanks.

SkyMan

O- is universal donor. O+ can only donate to anyone with a + type.