Jump to content

Bikini bar busted in Mango Ave


Recommended Posts

greatplace

Bar dancers rescued Aussie also arrested 6/12/2012

 

 

 

At least 17 female dancers including a 17-year-old girl who were rescued from a night club in Cebu City were turned over to social workers at 12 a.m. last Saturday.

Social worker Maria Gemma Ompad told Cebu Daily News that the female dancers who worked at the Sister's Bar in Gen. Maxilom Avenue come from Cebu City, Negros Oriental, Camotes Island, Dalaguete and Moalboal towns.

The turnover came amid last Friday's arrest by Cebu City police of a 50-year-old Australian accused of molesting three boys in a hotel last year. The Australian was presented in court yesterday.

In a phone interview, Ompad said 15 women claimed to be adults and only one admitted that she was below 18 years old.

They have yet to verify reports that there were five minors in the group.

The manager and cashier face human trafficking charges and were given 15 days to submit their counter-affidavits.

Ompad said most of the women worked in the bar for about a year, while the teenage girl admitted working there for several weeks.

Ompad said the women wore skimpy shorts, makeup and sleeveless blouses when they arrived at the DSWD.

Most of them graduated from high school while the 17-year-old only finished third year high school.

“They said they earn P200 a night and they dance from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. They also earn P60 for every ladies drink sold.” Ompad said.

The 17-year-old girl said her parents were unemployed.

“Some of them (rescued women) admitted that they have kids, some have live-in partners who are unemployed, some of them ran away from home and came from a broken family.” Ompad said.

Ompad said the women were rescued by police from the bar last Friday night after receiving a tip that they were victims of human trafficking.

Eight women were discharged yesterday afternoon after they submitted documents certifying that they were adults.

Nine women including the minor remained under their custody.

“They were complaining when they arrived in DSWD because they lost their jobs. They said they have families feed),” Ompad said.

She said they admitted that they applied for work in the bar and they were not recruited.

Ompad said they will assist the women who wanted to continue their studies.

“If they plan to continue their studies, we will recommend them. We have educational programs,” Ompad said.

In a related development, the 50-year-old Australian was presented to Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Ester Veloso of Branch 6 who issued the arrest warrant against him.

He will remain in the Cebu City jail pending trial.

Six counts of qualified trafficking and child abuse charges were filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ) against him. The offense for qualified trafficking is non-bailable.

Lawyer Andrey Sawchenko, national director of the International Justice Mission Philippines, was elated with the Australian's arrest.

“This kind of law enforcement action provides real protection to the most vulnerable among us,” Sawchenko said in a text message sent to Cebu Daily News.

The trafficking and abuse charges were previously dismissed by the Cebu City Prosecutor's Office whose decision was overturned by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

De Lima said “the accused took advantage of the victim's vulnerability by dangling money to them for their services” and questioned the decision to drop the charges against the Australian.

Republic Act 9208 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 has a confidentiality provision that prohibits the identification of the accused and victims in human trafficking cases.

The charges were deemed qualified trafficking since the victims were minors.

One of the six charges filed against him was also considered “large scale trafficking” since the offense was committed against “three or more persons.” /Ador Vincent Mayol and Rhea Ruth V. Rosell, Reporters

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • spooks

    21

  • smokey

    20

  • Davaoeno

    14

  • Headshot

    11

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You dont seem to understand the big problem here !!!! These woman were wearing make up and sleeveless blouses !! Only trollops and sluts and putas wear those kind of things !   But just in case hav

How can you rescue an adult from something they chose to do?   If they had an ID and birth recording system here that was from 21st century instead of the 3rd century BC (i bet the romans had more

and that is why they call it smoke and mirrors... its just mis direction.. and sure is not any of my business, of all the things in the philippines to get involved in owning a bar is on my list of tha

Posted Images

senseless

How can you rescue an adult from something they chose to do? :scratch_head:

 

If they had an ID and birth recording system here that was from 21st century instead of the 3rd century BC (i bet the romans had more efficient birth records) people might actually be able to tell if the person they hire is under age or not... I'm sure the older girls got the 17 year old a job "shes my cousin, ya shes 19, shes my cousin". Hell, I got my sister-in-law into the casino when she was 17. I just told her to memorize her age (repeat the age to herself) and to memorize a fictitious birthday. They don't ask for ID since it's so uncommon; and the fact security guards are lazy always helps.

 

I don't understand what is wrong with this? They weren't naked, they werent screwing johns for cash? What exact crime was committed? Women being paid to dance is a crime? What about children being forced to dance by their schools every year? Is that then exploitation?

 

Lol, after they were rescued they were complaining that they lost their jobs, classic. So much for being rescued eh?

 

Sounds to me like an extortion attempt where the owner didn't pay. Police officer says "Give me money!", owner says "NO". Police officer says "You don't have the right to remain silent, You don't have a right to an attorney. If you should need a beating, we will provide one for you".

 

And some how this unrelated child sex case is linked to it in the same article?

 

Quality journalism. Bravo.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

You dont seem to understand the big problem here !!!! These woman were wearing make up and sleeveless blouses !! Only trollops and sluts and putas wear those kind of things !

 

But just in case having a swat team round up a bunch of women who were dancing wearing make up isnt sensational enough you run a story about an Australian who was charged in totally unrelated matters through the same thread.

 

Of course only an idiot who is charged with several sex offences and then gets them dropped would be stupid enough to hang around after that !

  • Like 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
mikejwoodnz

New Zealand has a pro-active approach - prostitution, bar entertainment and brothels are all legal and they all pay GST and tax - social integration. :dance:

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Justin Kredible
Ompad said they will assist the women who wanted to continue their studies.

 

"School's for fools! Gimme back my bikini!"

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

Bar dancers rescued Aussie also arrested 6/12/2012

 

 

 

At least 17 female dancers including a 17-year-old girl who were rescued from a night club in Cebu City were turned over to social workers at 12 a.m. last Saturday.

Social worker Maria Gemma Ompad told Cebu Daily News that the female dancers who worked at the Sister's Bar in Gen. Maxilom Avenue come from Cebu City, Negros Oriental, Camotes Island, Dalaguete and Moalboal towns.

The turnover came amid last Friday's arrest by Cebu City police of a 50-year-old Australian accused of molesting three boys in a hotel last year. The Australian was presented in court yesterday.

In a phone interview, Ompad said 15 women claimed to be adults and only one admitted that she was below 18 years old.

They have yet to verify reports that there were five minors in the group.

The manager and cashier face human trafficking charges and were given 15 days to submit their counter-affidavits.

Ompad said most of the women worked in the bar for about a year, while the teenage girl admitted working there for several weeks.

Ompad said the women wore skimpy shorts, makeup and sleeveless blouses when they arrived at the DSWD.

Most of them graduated from high school while the 17-year-old only finished third year high school.

“They said they earn P200 a night and they dance from 7 p.m. to 3 a.m. They also earn P60 for every ladies drink sold.” Ompad said.

The 17-year-old girl said her parents were unemployed.

“Some of them (rescued women) admitted that they have kids, some have live-in partners who are unemployed, some of them ran away from home and came from a broken family.” Ompad said.

Ompad said the women were rescued by police from the bar last Friday night after receiving a tip that they were victims of human trafficking.

Eight women were discharged yesterday afternoon after they submitted documents certifying that they were adults.

Nine women including the minor remained under their custody.

“They were complaining when they arrived in DSWD because they lost their jobs. They said they have families feed),” Ompad said.

She said they admitted that they applied for work in the bar and they were not recruited.

Ompad said they will assist the women who wanted to continue their studies.

“If they plan to continue their studies, we will recommend them. We have educational programs,” Ompad said.

In a related development, the 50-year-old Australian was presented to Regional Trial Court (RTC) Judge Ester Veloso of Branch 6 who issued the arrest warrant against him.

He will remain in the Cebu City jail pending trial.

Six counts of qualified trafficking and child abuse charges were filed by the Department of Justice (DOJ) against him. The offense for qualified trafficking is non-bailable.

Lawyer Andrey Sawchenko, national director of the International Justice Mission Philippines, was elated with the Australian's arrest.

“This kind of law enforcement action provides real protection to the most vulnerable among us,” Sawchenko said in a text message sent to Cebu Daily News.

The trafficking and abuse charges were previously dismissed by the Cebu City Prosecutor's Office whose decision was overturned by Justice Secretary Leila de Lima.

De Lima said “the accused took advantage of the victim's vulnerability by dangling money to them for their services” and questioned the decision to drop the charges against the Australian.

Republic Act 9208 or the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Act of 2003 has a confidentiality provision that prohibits the identification of the accused and victims in human trafficking cases.

The charges were deemed qualified trafficking since the victims were minors.

One of the six charges filed against him was also considered “large scale trafficking” since the offense was committed against “three or more persons.” /Ador Vincent Mayol and Rhea Ruth V. Rosell, Reporters

 

 

 

well there it is another bar for sale to a foreigner... remodel and enjoy

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

"School's for fools! Gimme back my bikini!"

 

 

 

From the news item this appears to be a bikini bar without any bikinis !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
easy44

Once again, a bunch of adults "rescued" from working for a living and put back into a life of indolent poverty, where they belong. Show me any sort of coercion or duplicity in the hiring process and I would see the need. They weren't arrested for prostitution, and the bars are apparently operating legally, so what was anyone doing wrong? If it is illegal to work in that type of bar, then they should shut all the bars down on Mango.

Edited by easy44
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

Once again, a bunch of adults "rescued" from working for a living and put back into a life of indolent poverty, where they belong. Show me any sort of coercion or duplicity in the hiring process and I would see the need. They weren't arrested for prostitution, and the bars are apparently operating legally, so what was anyone doing wrong? If it is illegal to work in that type of bar, then they should shut the bar down.

 

 

 

Well if you think that was the reason its as good as any other...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno

Once again, a bunch of adults "rescued" from working for a living and put back into a life of indolent poverty, where they belong. Show me any sort of coercion or duplicity in the hiring process and I would see the need. They weren't arrested for prostitution, and the bars are apparently operating legally, so what was anyone doing wrong? If it is illegal to work in that type of bar, then they should shut all the bars down on Mango.

 

 

yeah- but wheres the headlines in that ??

Link to post
Share on other sites
quit_yume

so who will rescue these poor victims from the fecking police?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
lazydays

Oh come on guys, stop skipping through the Op's report and jumping to conclusions, read it properly.

The cops were tipped off that there were 5 minors working there. Quote/ "They have yet to verify reports that there were 5 minors in the group".

So far they have discovered 1 minor (17yrs of age) and are trying to verify the ages of eight others still held in custody.

Acting on a tip off seems normal procedure to me.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

Oh come on guys, stop skipping through the Op's report and jumping to conclusions, read it properly.

The cops were tipped off that there were 5 minors working there. Quote/ "They have yet to verify reports that there were 5 minors in the group".

So far they have discovered 1 minor (17yrs of age) and are trying to verify the ages of eight others still held in custody.

Acting on a tip off seems normal procedure to me.

 

 

 

but did the tip come from another bar owner? or just a concerned drunk

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Davaoeno
read it properly

 

damn - if its in the report then it must be true !

 

i have go take a break now and read a real newspaper - The National Enquirer !! it seems the aliens got 3 more earth girls pregnant !!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
smokey

damn - if its in the report then it must be true !

 

i have go take a break now and read a real newspaper - The National Enquirer !! it seems the aliens got 3 more earth girls pregnant !!

 

 

and one of the babies looks just like bill Clinton

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..

Capture.JPG

I Understand...