New Sec 13 A Requirements

Hi Misty

Thank you for the reply and much appreciated.

Can the application be done at the BI in Cebu?

jazzy

You're welcome.

I don't know if it can be done in Cebu. Just ask at BI Cebu, I guess.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• misty

• JLG

• Mik

• jazzy

Top Posters In This Topic

I visited our local Philippine consulate here on Guam. and like all the previous times I have been there, its like any Government office you find in America, or Philippines, Overstaffed with people sitting around playing solitaire on their computer,

They handed me the USUAL long list of requirements found on the web page. So I showed them a copy of the one you provided Misty " thanks again" she wondered off to the back room, as we waited for 15 minutes she returned and replied , that's if you applying within the Philippines.

I asked why the difference? then I started to get the usual, guessing answers. Would have been better if she just said, I DONT KNOW.

thats my story! Sure would be nice to get this complete before I move there for good.

I visited our local Philippine consulate here on Guam. and like all the previous times I have been there, its like any Government office you find in America, or Philippines, Overstaffed with people sitting around playing solitaire on their computer,

They handed me the USUAL long list of requirements found on the web page. So I showed them a copy of the one you provided Misty " thanks again" she wondered off to the back room, as we waited for 15 minutes she returned and replied , that's if you applying within the Philippines.

I asked why the difference? then I started to get the usual, guessing answers. Would have been better if she just said, I DONT KNOW.

thats my story! Sure would be nice to get this complete before I move there for good.

Same thing in Manila BI, they're also overstaffed, in my opinion. Most are just standing and doing nothing. lol I mean there's like 3 different buildings they're scattered around.

If I was you, even though they're requiring the old requirements for applying 13A abroad, I'd grab that oppurtunity. It's only one time application and if approved, you're given the "Permanent Resident" 13A unlike to applying here in the Philippines where you given a one year Probationary the first time you apply and then file again for amendment to become 13A Permanent.

If I was you, even though they're requiring the old requirements for applying 13A abroad, I'd grab that oppurtunity. It's only one time application and if approved, you're given the "Permanent Resident" 13A unlike to applying here in the Philippines where you given a one year Probationary the first time you apply and then file again for amendment to become 13A Permanent.

Yes something to consider,

then I ask myself, why not just go for dual citizenship? why a 13a visa at all? I haven't looked into the requirements for Dual citizensip? I am sure in there will be my answer?

Yes something to consider,

then I ask myself, why not just go for dual citizenship? why a 13a visa at all? I haven't looked into the requirements for Dual citizensip? I am sure in there will be my answer?

http://immigration.gov.ph//index.php?optio...3&Itemid=83

Can my foreign spouse also become a Filipino citizen under RA 9225?

No, the law does not apply to the foreign spouse. He/she has the following option if he/she wishes to reside permanently in the Philippines: ( a ) apply for naturalisation; ( b ) apply for a permanent resident visa.

There's another visa it's SRRV which you can consider.

I guess it depends on your needs when it comes to visa here in the Philippines. We just want something legal for my husband when it comes to his stay here in the country. SRRV is just way too much if you don't have the finances. Balikbayan visa and visa extension is such a hassle and in the long run is going to cost, too. Applying for 13A seems to be the cheapest route. It just takes time to get it done. Once approved, the only thing that needs to be sorted out is the yearly annual fee of 310 pesos and renewing your 13A once it expires in 5 years time.

I e-mail the visa section, this is the reply. My question was can I do it at any consulate?

1st, I am impressed at a timely response.

Relative to your e-mail, the Bureau of Immigration has implemented a new

program called the Visa Issuance Made Simple (VIMS) under Memorandum

Circular No. MCL -07 -005 issued on December 26, 2007. Under this program,

the requirements to be filed and procedures to be followed for 13A visa and

all other visas is now made simple and easy. For the documentary

requirements for your application of 13A visa non-quota immigrant by

marriage, please see the attached document.

now I will read the attachment,

The attachment was just the list of requirements listed above. still doesn't directly answer my question and leaves room for argument!

The attachment was just the list of requirements listed above. still doesn't directly answer my question and leaves room for argument!

You can always try, I guess. Submit all the requirements for 13A at your consulate and then start the arguement with them! :D

Show them the email you've got and see how the respond or handle the new changes.

She informed us to bring that duplicate copy once we received the Notice of Apperance from them. Waiting for the Notice of Apperance now.....

True to their words, 3 weeks since we filed my husband's 13A application in BI Manila, I received the Notice of Hearing RE: Application for Amendment of status to Permanent Immigrant by Marriage.

Now, trying to sort out a non appearance for the hearing....

She informed us to bring that duplicate copy once we received the Notice of Apperance from them. Waiting for the Notice of Apperance now.....

True to their words, 3 weeks since we filed my husband's 13A application in BI Manila, I received the Notice of Hearing RE: Application for Amendment of status to Permanent Immigrant by Marriage.

Does this mean that you missed the hearing, or that you were notified too late to make it?

Does this mean that you missed the hearing, or that you were notified too late to make it?

Nope haven't missed the hearing. It's scheduled on the first week of March 2008. Just trying to make arrangements that we don't have to go to Manila to be actually present during the hearing.

Hi Misty

Thank you for the reply and much appreciated.

Can the application be done at the BI in Cebu?

jazzy

You're welcome.

I don't know if it can be done in Cebu. Just ask at BI Cebu, I guess.

Thnx for good info, Misty.

I was at the Imm, Mandaue (Cebu) last week to extend my visa (first time). THE MAN (he was really THE MAN) told me that if I married my fianc

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the;5. Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clearance Certificate. Consist of? Thanks

The certificate will certify if YOU, the applicant have a record with the Bureau of Immigration. Such as BI's HDO(hold departure order), Blacklist, Watchlist and/or Intelligence Derogatory Records. So basically, they check if you're a desirable or undesirable alien. Do note that your name, citizenship and date of birth is checked and verified, too.