Where to find can of spray foam insulation?

Wombat No More

good thing wombat went looking after that posting

Oh wait my post 2 weeks wombat looking a year ago

But I guess he was sidetracked by the foaming mouth joke, hard to keep focus on the topic

whilst laughing of the most obvious joke since, hmm I really cant tell

Rune

My post

What post? who are you? Where the hell am I???

Is this still the alzeimers thread?

CardiacKid

What post? who are you? Where the hell am I???

Is this still the alzeimers thread?

Must be. I'm here. Went out Saturday to buy some bread at the corner bakery. Could you please tell me what day it is? What month? Did I lose another year?
Wombat No More

Must be. I'm here. Went out Saturday to buy some bread at the corner bakery. Could you please tell me what day it is? What month? Did I lose another year?

Where's here?... Oh, has saturday happened already? No, bugger all that, I just wanna know if you made it home saturday and did you remember to eat the bread? Hang about... Who are you and where the hell am I again???
Headshot

What do you guys use on your homes? Or do you just leave holes open to the elements for snakes, lizards, and who knows what else to crawl through?

Around an air conditioner, I use the dense open cell packing foam that the air condition had around it in the packing box. Isn't that why they put that foam in there? First of all, you should measure your opening and try to buy an air conditioner that almost fills the opening so you don't have much area to fill. Isn't that how everybody does it? :huh_01:

Truthfully, even if you seal every crack in the house and around every air conditioner, you will still likely get critters in the house. The simple fact is that most exterior doors here don't have weatherstrips and thresholds (which is what allows you to seal the sides and bottom of doors in the US to prevent snow from blowing into the house), so the critters just come in under the doors here (where there is usually a gap).

Edited by Headshot
senseless

Around an air conditioner, I use the dense open cell packing foam that the air condition had around it in the packing box. Isn't that why they put that foam in there? First of all, you should measure your opening and try to buy an air conditioner that almost fills the opening so you don't have much area to fill. Isn't that how everybody does it? :huh_01:

Truthfully, even if you seal every crack in the house and around every air conditioner, you will still likely get critters in the house. The simple fact is that most exterior doors here don't have weatherstrips and thresholds (which is what allows you to seal the sides and bottom of doors in the US to prevent snow from blowing into the house), so the critters just come in under the doors here (where there is usually a gap).

We are going from window aircon to split type. I was sick of having window aircons going bad after 2-3 years (regardless of brand). Hopefully the split type will last for 5+. Even in the US the window aircons don't last all to long. Cost of getting them fixed every 2 years is the cost of a new unit. Had to fill the hole up with block and stucco. But there is one tiny hole for the piping of the split type I'd like to fill with expanding foam (just have some low quality foam shoved in there atm).

Some1 asked the same just 2-3 weeks ago, good thing wombat went looking after that posting

Oh wait my post 2 weeks wombat looking a year ago

But I guess he was sidetracked by the foaming mouth joke, hard to keep focus on the topic

whilst laughing of the most obvious joke since, hmm I really cant tell

But thx to senseless for revamping my query .

Rune

My post

How much?

I went to the store today, they were closed due to holiday. I think I've spent 2K so far just driving around trying to find this shit that should be 900 pesos a can. Starting to piss me off. I'll make one last trip tomorrow to see if they have it. If they don't I guess I'll just get some from the US because this is retarded.

Every store in existence in the US that has hardware/tools/etc carries the shit. This is ridiculous.

Edited by senseless
RogerDat

Greetings! It took me about thirty minuits on the phone to find the stuff, I forget who gave me the lead, I think it came from CHB who had worked at Cebu overseas, I am not sure if they are connected.

This is the Philippines, so have patients, and the soft foam will work for several years, so don't get too upset, you got time.

But also remember that the stuff is a one time use on the applicator tube, so see if you can find a substitute for it.

DON"T GET IT ON YOU OR CLOTHES!!!! IT DON"T COME OFF!!

NOTHING in the Philippines is ever finished, or done, like in US so get used to that also.

Headshot

Greetings! It took me about thirty minuits on the phone to find the stuff, I forget who gave me the lead, I think it came from CHB who had worked at Cebu overseas, I am not sure if they are connected.

This is the Philippines, so have patients, and the soft foam will work for several years, so don't get too upset, you got time.

But also remember that the stuff is a one time use on the applicator tube, so see if you can find a substitute for it.

DON"T GET IT ON YOU OR CLOTHES!!!! IT DON"T COME OFF!!

NOTHING in the Philippines is ever finished, or done, like in US so get used to that also.

OK...so in what store did you find the stuff? And...where is the store located?

Davaoeno

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

secret !!

senseless

He posted on page 1 at the bottom the location of the store.

Greetings! I bought it at Cebu Overseas Hardware, down town cebu, down the street from the old Chinease Temple, and Gilmores Taylors. They knew it at first question, so someone is useing it for something here.

Gonna check there again tomorrow. Hopefully they're open.

Edited by senseless
  • Like 1