Where to find can of spray foam insulation?

senseless

We use foam insulation in the US whenever someone drills a hole in the house to fill the hole. I've yet to see any cans of this stuff here. Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place. Need to replace my aircon today, was going to try to find this stuff to put around it.

Does anyone know where I can find this spray foam insulation in a can?

20100511_GreatStuff.jpg

Edited by senseless
senseless

Went to Ace and a few other misc hardware stores. Half of them didn't even know what I was talking about; and the other half "Walang Na Stock, Sir.".

Jeez, You would think a can of expanding polyurethane foam would be such a simple thing, no?

What do you guys use on your homes? Or do you just leave holes open to the elements for snakes, lizards, and who knows what else to crawl through?

dennis1105

Went to Ace and a few other misc hardware stores. Half of them didn't even know what I was talking about; and the other half "Walang Na Stock, Sir.".

Jeez, You would think a can of expanding polyurethane foam would be such a simple thing, no?

What do you guys use on your homes? Or do you just leave holes open to the elements for snakes, lizards, and who knows what else to crawl through?

Yes

• Like 1
Wombat No More

Last time I looked for the stuff, it was in either Cebu Home Hardware or Belmont at about, from memory, $12 a can. Was more than a year ago and as is normal here, the staff are unlikely to know what you are talking about and you will need to stumble across it yourself. And don't believe the "out of stock sir" line. It's often that they simply don't know and there may be a ton of what is out of stock, right there

Woolf

I cut up and old foam mattress, and used that to fill the gap around the aircon

Wombat No More

I cut up and old foam mattress, and used that to fill the gap around the aircon

Well, that's very professional of you mate... You are now officially a Filipino
  • Like 3
Woolf

well I do spit in the street, trying not to hit anyone, but I do NOT pee in the street --------- YET :cheers:

• Like 3
senseless

Last time I looked for the stuff, it was in either Cebu Home Hardware or Belmont at about, from memory, $12 a can. Was more than a year ago and as is normal here, the staff are unlikely to know what you are talking about and you will need to stumble across it yourself. And don't believe the "out of stock sir" line. It's often that they simply don't know and there may be a ton of what is out of stock, right there

Where is Belmont? We hit Cebu Home Builders, they were out of stock at the time. We asked and looked around. So hopefully it was Belmont where you got it.

Headshot

Where is Belmont? We hit Cebu Home Builders, they were out of stock at the time. We asked and looked around. So hopefully it was Belmont where you got it.

Belmont is kitty-corner from the Cebu Cathedral...or they have a store on the North Highway in Mandaue a few blocks north of AC Cortes.

Edited by Headshot
RogerDat

Greetings! I bought it at Cebu Overseas Hardware, down town cebu, down the street from the old Chinease Temple, and Gilmores Taylors. They knew it at first question, so someone is useing it for something here.

SkyMan
What do you guys use on your homes?
Piece of styrofoam and a hack saw blade.
senseless

No spray cans at belmont. But they did say they were going to get the 2 individual cans friday (mix together instead of spraying). So they do carry it in stock on occasion.

Edited by senseless
Alfred E. Neuman

Greetings! I bought it at Cebu Overseas Hardware, down town cebu, down the street from the old Chinease Temple, and Gilmores Taylors. They knew it at first question, so someone is useing it for something here.

How much?

senseless

How much?

Didn't see his post before I sent my runner out today. I'll send him out tomorrow to check for stock and post price.

Edited by senseless

Some1 asked the same just 2-3 weeks ago, good thing wombat went looking after that posting

Oh wait my post 2 weeks wombat looking a year ago

But I guess he was sidetracked by the foaming mouth joke, hard to keep focus on the topic

whilst laughing of the most obvious joke since, hmm I really cant tell

But thx to senseless for revamping my query .

Rune

My post