Countdown : Pacquiao vs Bradley - Wanna Bet ?

Beserker101

Beserker101

Floyd Mayweather Jr. domestic violence cases :

In 2002, Mayweather was charged with two counts of domestic violence and one count of misdemeanor battery. He received a 6 month suspended sentence, 2 days of house arrest and was ordered to perform 48 hours of community service.[148] In 2004, he was given a one year suspended jail sentence, ordered to undergo counseling for "impulse control" and pay a $1000 fine or perform 100 hours of community service after being convicted of two counts of misdemeanor battery against two women.[149] In 2005, Mayweather pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor battery charge after kicking a bouncer and received a 90 day suspended jail sentence.[150]

On September 9, 2010, it was reported that Mayweather was being sought by police for questioning after his former girlfriend, Josie Harris, filed a domestic battery report against him. Harris has accused Mayweather of battery in the past, but those charges were later dropped in July 2005 after Harris testified that she had lied and that Mayweather had not, in fact, battered her.[151] Mayweather was taken into custody on September 10, 2010, but was released after posting $3000 bail. Initially, Mayweather was charged with felony theft stemming from the disappearance of Harris's iPhone, but on September 16, 2010, two felony coercion charges and one felony robbery charge were added to the case, along with one misdemeanor domestic battery charge and three misdemeanor harassment charges.

On December 21, 2011, a judge sentenced Mayweather to serve 90 days in the county jail for battery upon his ex-girlfriend in September 2010. Mayweather reached a deal with prosecutors in which he pled guilty to misdemeanor battery in exchange for prosecutors dropping the felony battery charge. Mayweather also pled no contest to two counts of misdemeanor harrasment which stemmed from Mayweather threatening to beat his kids. In addition to the sentence of 90 days in the county jail, Mayweather was ordered to complete 100 hours community service, a 12-month domestic violence program, and pay a fine of $2,500.[152]

On June 1, Mayweather began serving his county jail sentence.[153

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beserker101

• enoonmai

• Davaoeno

• HeyMike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think he can beat Mayweather and what does he gain in respect by beating Bradley? And maybe he doesn't. He's rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams, he has business and political opportunit

well the one you posted on stealing the refrigerator was much more retarded

I saw the fight and I think Manny got robbed but, so did Marquez in his 3 fights with Manny. Personally, I don't think Manny has won a fight for over a year. I know the Philippinos will have their pri

Posted Images

enoonmai

It's a ploy, they are angling for house arrest, they know the jail officials will not put him in GP.

Beserker101

It's a ploy, they are angling for house arrest, they know the jail officials will not put him in GP.

I hope they don't give him the "Lindsay Lohan Treatment" -

Beserker101

Who Will Pacquiao Face In November ?

By NICK GIONGCO

June 15, 2012, 7:20pm

LOS ANGELES --- In his contract, Manny Pacquiao is obliged to fight again on Nov. 10, but it doesn’t necessarily mean that his opponent will be Timothy Bradley.

Top Rank boss Bob Arum said the Filipino boxing hero’s contract stipulates that he must schedule a bout in November, and almost everybody is expecting that fight to be the rematch between Pacquiao and Bradley.

Bradley surprised many in the boxing world with a split-decision victory over Pacquiao last Saturday in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Arum said it is all up to Pacquiao who he feels like facing in November, since he has the option to take on Bradley again or just face someone else, perhaps Mexico’s Juan Manuel Marquez or Puerto Rico’s Miguel Cotto.

Just before Pacquiao hurriedly left for Manila, he said he is indeed returning to the ring on Nov. 10 but not necessarily against the 28-year-old Bradley.

The World Boxing Organization (WBO) has accredited five judges to review the three judges’ scores in Saturday’s controversial welterweight title fight.

WBO President Francisco Valcarcel told the US media that after the five-man panel reviews the fight, the sanctioning body will forward a report to the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC).

It is normal practice that officials accredited by a boxing body are assigned to referee or score a title fight but that is not the case in Nevada because it is the state that appoints officials for a certain fight, unlike in the states of Texas and New York where it is being done.

Valcarcel said he had scored it in favor of Pacquiao but made it clear that he is not questioning the competence and integrity of judges CJ Ross, Duane Ford and Jerry Roth.

Ross and Ford scored it for Bradley, 115-113, while Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

Valcarcel said if the WBO panel finds that the judges erred in their scoring, it cannot strip Bradley of the title belt but can order a rematch.

Pacquiao maintains he won the fight. “I feel that I did enough to win the fight and that’s what the whole world is saying,” Pacquiao told Manila-based writers in Los Angeles.

http://www.mb.com.ph...ace-in-november

Marquez vs. Morales on September 15, 2012

By Vitali Shaposhnikov: Due to Manny Pacquiao’s loss to Timothy Bradley this past Saturday night, it seems like Juan Manuel Marquez might have to wait a little bit longer for another chance at facing Pacquiao again. Team Pacquiao will now be directing their efforts and time into getting the decision either reversed, or a rematch actualized.

Instead, it looks as though Marquez will now face Erik Moralez on Spetember 15, 2012. (http://www.fightnews...-fallout-118049)

I don’t know about you, but I can see this being an exciting and explosive match. For Marquez it is a chance at earning a pretty hefty paycheck as well as get another big name victory under his belt, and for Morales it’s a sure way to skyrocket his stock back to the top. While the benefit of this fight would be much bigger for Morales, it is a pretty good next option for Marquez as well.

Both fighters have their own armies of fans, and I would expect this event to sell out at Garden Arena, if that’s where they would end up hosting the fight. Of course I am fully aware that technically speaking, Morales would be a huge underdog, and most money bet would have the name of Marquez attached to it as the winner. Having said that, I would never count out a warrior like Morales in any fight. At the right weight with the right incentive, he is capable of being extremely competitive, and I can see Marquez struggling with Morale’s style.

If September is when they are planning on making the fight, they are already running on a very tight schedule. I assume we can expect to hear the final details by the end of this week.

enoonmai

I hope they don't give him the "Lindsay Lohan Treatment" -

The request for GP or house arrest was denied in short order; the judge asked, "Where did your client think he was going, the Four Seasons?"

• Like 1
Beserker101

The request for GP or house arrest was denied in short order; the judge asked, "Where did your client think he was going, the Four Seasons?"

funny-picture-xenzdakk0q-MANNY-PACQUIAO.jpg

• Like 1