Countdown : Pacquiao vs Bradley - Wanna Bet ?

Beserker101

HeyMike

i agree with Bosshog. It's not even about Pacquiao and Bradley anymore for me. Screw the fight game... I'll stay with football (american, of course) and badminton.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beserker101

• enoonmai

• Davaoeno

• HeyMike

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't think he can beat Mayweather and what does he gain in respect by beating Bradley? And maybe he doesn't. He's rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams, he has business and political opportunit

well the one you posted on stealing the refrigerator was much more retarded

I saw the fight and I think Manny got robbed but, so did Marquez in his 3 fights with Manny. Personally, I don't think Manny has won a fight for over a year. I know the Philippinos will have their pri

Posted Images

enoonmai

It's time to save boxing....

No to REMATCH!

http://sportsreaktor...-unanimous.html

I don't think boxing can be "saved" but walking away would make a statement, that's what Marvin Hagler did after his questionable loss to Leonard. Said the hell with boxing and moved to Italy to act. Had a good career doing that. Pacquiao in his prime would have dispatched the light-hitting Bradley without needing judges. The Arums of the world run boxing. This is a good time to get out and pursue other things.

• Like 1
Beserker101

This is a good time to get out and pursue other things.

And if he can't decisively beat Bradley over 12rds, he would never out-point Mayweather,

I would favor retirement over a possible 2 more fights w/ Bradley & no guarantee of a

mega-fight w/ Floyd .

The top three welterweights in the world have no serious pop in their punch and that kills

the sport > easy to see why the UFC has left boxing in the dust -

cebubird

And if he can't decisively beat Bradley over 12rds, he would never out-point Mayweather,

I would favor retirement over a possible 2 more fights w/ Bradley & no guarantee of a

mega-fight w/ Floyd .

The top three welterweights in the world have no serious pop in their punch and that kills

HUH??? Say what? I'm not a boxing fan at all, but what planet are you living on? I read a lot and don't read a lot(any)articles about 50million plus payouts for whatever UFC is.

shamgod41

No offense, but you can't analyze sports like this. Boxing, football, every sport, it's about match ups. For example, it's always a mistake to think "The Dodgers beat the Giants, and the Giants beat the Yankees, therefore the Dodgers can beat the Yankees."

You might be right though that MP is getting long in the tooth and he's been fighting way out of his natural weight class for several years now.

Beserker101

HUH??? Say what? I'm not a boxing fan at all, but what planet are you living on? I read a lot and don't read a lot(any)articles about 50million plus payouts for whatever UFC is.

... I'm not really clear on your point,

so you're saying Pacquiao should fight for the big pay days ? And comparing UFC vs boxing purses is apples & oranges,

The UFC employs fighters, .. boxers are independent, they do not work for the sanctioning organizations .

• Like 1
Beserker101

You might be right though that MP is getting long in the tooth and he's been fighting way out of his natural weight class for several years now.

I understand what you're saying, maybe I should have compared the Mayweather that whooped Cotto,

... to the Bradley that got the decision over Pacquiao ?

shamgod41

I understand what you're saying, maybe I should have compared the Mayweather that whooped Cotto,

... to the Bradley that got the decision over Pacquiao ?

I don't know what you mean, I just know it's a fallacy to say A defeated B and B defeated C, therefore A can defeat C.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I don't know what you mean, I just know it's a fallacy to say A defeated B and B defeated C, therefore A can defeat C.

yeah but still seven ate nine

Beserker101

In the UFC, we say "mma math don't work", in this case its boxing, .. but there are exceptions to the rule .

Also consider Floyd fought @ light-middleweight vs Cotto & would have a 6" reach advantage vs Manny .

... Imo, Pacquiao peeked in '09 vs Cotto and is tailing off, Mayweather looks more coordinated & exhibits

far superior ring-generalship in his recent fights .

enoonmai

I don't think he can beat Mayweather and what does he gain in respect by beating Bradley? And maybe he doesn't. He's rich and famous beyond his wildest dreams, he has business and political opportunities outside boxing. The hunger that made him a great fighter is gone. There's something to be said for getting out with all your faculties, quite a few like Ali, Benitez, Jimmy Young, the 3 Quarry brothers, etc didn't. He has to look no further then his own trainer to see the results of too many punches in the head.

• Like 2

I have not read all the comments here, I watched the fight and am nursing a theory which I don't know holds water or not=

Manny was late to the fight, first watching the end of the Heat/Celtics game, then warming up on the treadmill. Did this come off as disrespectful not to Bradley, but to the entire proceedings and the sport as a whole, including the score card judges, Enough to cause the Judges to intentionally give the fight to the loser.

mega-fight w/ Floyd .

MP is not a natural welterweight , that's why he has no KO power .