Sign in to follow this  
towboat72

hollow block mold

fredanna

If my grandad was still alive I could have easily gotten him to invest in a real block making plant over there. He had a "hollow block" or "Cinder block" plant here in the USA. It was a HUGE electric operated machine that could mix the correct amount of concrete and produce a 1,000 or more blocks per day. It included the "shaker" and forms to make 25 blocks every couple of minutes. While we were on Summer vacation and watching the TV, the picture was shrunk, just a little square picture, because of the plant in operation. There was probably less than 90volts AC in the house when the plant was operating, crushing rocks, conveyor belts, and block making.

This was 1950's technology and most of the plant was all electric machines. The guy was brilliant and an immigrant from Italy....The workers had forklifts hauling these blocks out to the yard to dry. Even as he approached his 90th BD...he begged someone to get another business started.

He bragged about his special patented formula of the blocks being 100% waterproof. I cannot find any archived logo from his business, but there was a bottle of water, upside down on a cinder block, proclaiming that his blocks were 100% waterproof.

His process would probably push the cost of a block in the Phils to P1000 a piece.

Sorry for a long useless post.

Fred

Edited by fredanna
  • Like 4

towboat72

If my grandad was still alive I could have easily gotten him to invest in a real block making plant over there. He had a "hollow block" or "Cinder block" plant here in the USA. It was a HUGE electric operated machine that could mix the correct amount of concrete and produce a 1,000 or more blocks per day. It included the "shaker" and forms to make 25 blocks every couple of minutes. While we were on Summer vacation and watching the TV, the picture was shrunk, just a little square picture, because of the plant in operation. There was probably less than 90volts AC in the house when the plant was operating, crushing rocks, conveyor belts, and block making.

This was 1950's technology and most of the plant was all electric machines. The guy was brilliant and an immigrant from Italy....The workers had forklifts hauling these blocks out to the yard to dry. Even as he approached his 90th BD...he begged someone to get another business started.

He bragged about his special patented formula of the blocks being 100% waterproof. I cannot find any archived logo from his business, but there was a bottle of water, upside down on a cinder block, proclaiming that his blocks were 100% waterproof.

His process would probably push the cost of a block in the Phils to P1000 a piece.

Sorry for a long useless post.

Fred

i loved that story.i dont want a business just want to make good block for my own use.

i see your from new castle pa i was born and raised in lancaster pa